Purse advise? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Purse advise?

Unlocked
10-24-2006, 12:08
I hope ya'll don't mind me stoppin in to ask a question. I'm looking for a purse that has a black and white photo on the side. My wife saw one of these that a lady at our church carries and LOVED it. But that lady had a $300 purse. I'm trying to get something ordered well before the holidays. Here's the thing. We only spend $100 on each other, so that knocks out a lot of places right there. The pic below is from Wal-Mart. I'm sure it's not the best purse, but this will only be temporary as there will more than likely be another child in the future. So I'm sure there will be another ( hopefully nicer) purse in the future.

My question is, is this purse total crap, or do you know of a better place to look in my budget. Thanks for any help. I thought this would be the best place to start.

http://personalizeditems.walmart.com/estore_assets/images/walmart/p4/large/b7774XW.jpg:)

Lynn D
10-24-2006, 13:27
I'm thinking that there should be something like that available either online (for hopefully well less than $300) or, you might want to check local craft stores. I know that places like Michael's and JoAnn's often have "purses" that you can personalize by putting photos in.

Since you like the idea of the B&W on the purse (and I think it looks nice, too!), it might be a good idea to see if these places sell kits where you would have the photo transferred and then have the purse put together. A lot of work on your part, if these exist, but Mrs. Unlocked would definitely appreciate it.

And the only thing I can think of beyond that is to check with some of the better photography stores in your area. They might be able to give you some advice or direction.

Let us know how this turns out, 'k?

:)

Lynn

Mrs. VR
10-24-2006, 18:46
I've never seen one, it's adorable! Lynn had some good suggestions. Let us know how it goes!

Unlocked
10-24-2006, 21:00
Thanks ladies. I've been looking around on-line and haven't found much that is in my price range and exactly what I've been looking for. There are a few options. I'll continue looking. Thanks for the advice. I'll keep you updated.

Mrs. VR
10-25-2006, 07:55
here's one right AT your price range.

http://www.snaptotes.com/design1b.aspx?*******12

Unlocked
10-25-2006, 08:42
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
here's one right AT your price range.

http://www.snaptotes.com/design1b.aspx?*******12

Thanks Mrs. VR. This is all it shows me though.

Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I'll search for snaptotes and see what I come up with. Thanks :wavey:

Mrs. VR
10-25-2006, 09:01
Originally posted by Unlocked
Thanks Mrs. VR. This is all it shows me though.

Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I'll search for snaptotes and see what I come up with. Thanks :wavey: d'oh! I don't know what happened. :freak: Hang on, lemme try again

Mrs. VR
10-25-2006, 09:05
gah! It wont work. Do a google search for "photo purse" and it's in the 4th and 5th links down from the top.

Unlocked
10-25-2006, 09:10
I think we have a winner:thumbsup: THANKS!!!

If I would of just searched for bag instead of purse I would of found something quicker.:shakehead:

Now I just have to pick out the exact picture and find a way to secretly pay for it so she doesn't find out what it is. She's an accountant at our bank and she checks our accounts daily. :upeyes: Makes it kinda hard to buy presents on-line.

PilotKitten
10-26-2006, 14:38
Originally posted by Unlocked
I think we have a winner:thumbsup: THANKS!!!

If I would of just searched for bag instead of purse I would of found something quicker.:shakehead:

Now I just have to pick out the exact picture and find a way to secretly pay for it so she doesn't find out what it is. She's an accountant at our bank and she checks our accounts daily. :upeyes: Makes it kinda hard to buy presents on-line.

Paypal is your friend. :thumbsup: All it shows up on the bank statement is: Paypal. Unless she has the password to the paypal acct. she wouldn't have any clue where it came from.

Assuming this retailer takes PayPal as well.... lol.

Unlocked
10-26-2006, 15:11
See, I'm a simpleton when it comes to these things. We don't shop on-line at all. I've only bought one thing off of e-bay and used a money order to pay for that. I need to get a pay pal account set up I guess. It's seems like I'm gonna need one.

I appreciate everyones help. Thanks so much. :wavey: