Thank You [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

sario528
10-31-2006, 22:11
I just want to say thank you to all our service men and women out there

sigG32
11-10-2006, 23:26
It is nice to have a thank you. Most the veterans I know ask no remittance for their service to this great country. A day set aside to remember and honor all the men and women who have served is certainly a proper tribute the the days, weeks, and yes years from home and country. The sacrifice some have paid with injuries and even the ultimate sacrifice of life for their country is worthy of our gratitude. We all get a little to comfy with our blessings in this life and need to take a moment to say thanks. I want to add my thanks to yours and will give a few more thanks to everyone I see on Saturday that can be recognized as a vet.

My father-in-law is first on my list to thank. He served in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Fighting in Africa, Italy, France, and Germany then getting sent to the Pacific he has more than enough stories from one war to keep me humble. He doesn't talk much about his service but he has shared with me some great moments from his personal experience. He retired many years ago and just got out of the hospital today from an illness. I will tell him about your thanks and maybe he will understand a computer post. OK, maybe not but he knows a thank you when he hears it.