Trans Fats [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trans Fats

lethal tupperwa
11-01-2006, 10:24
McDonald's in 2003 they said they would get rid of it-haven't yet. (they used beef tallow but switched to the "healthier" trans fat)

KFC biscuits (still haven't found substitute) they say the switch over for frying will be complete by April 2007

Most donuts and baked goods.

Some steak rubs

Artificial creamers

One reason Trans fat is bad for you is that it removes the Good Cholesterol. The HDL (I remember it as happy)provides protection.

lethal tupperwa
11-01-2006, 10:27
Oreos

Wendy's has switched to a no trans-fat oil

Taco Bell says no more trans-fat.

From restaurants in New York city although I believe they have until June of 08 to Totaly comply.

Va. Tech dinnng centers, they say that some of the food is tasting better.

Royal Caribbean's initiative to offer fully trans-fat-free menus across their fleet by the end of the year. Within days, Crystal announced that they would discontinue the use of trans fats on both of their ships, effective immediately, making them the first cruise line to be completely trans-fat-free. Many of Crystal's menu items have been free of trans fats for some time, but the line has now replaced all oils used in food preparation with trans-fat-free alternatives. Crystal has also removed trans fats from their crew galleys.

Carnival and MSC have announced that they are in the process of eliminating trans fats from their menus as well. Carnival actually discontinued the use of cooking oils containing trans fats in 2005, so most menu items on Carnival's ships are already free of trans fats. Now the cruise line is working with suppliers to find trans-fat-free alternatives for remaining items such as pastries, some cheeses and icing.

Wal-Mart says they have removed trans fat from their instore deli food.

Dunkin Donuts says it will be gone by Oct.

PDogSniper
11-03-2006, 08:58
KFC found a substitute for their chicken but not for their biscuits as of yet...

rhikdavis
11-22-2006, 08:40
Good Lord, I'm already dead and don't know it yet.

MrsKitty
12-22-2006, 21:42
I have merged both threads on Trans Fats together into one to clean up some of the excess stickies.