42 hours and counting... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 42 hours and counting...

eagles405
11-02-2006, 12:04
Until I am in a stand with my rifle and bow. I have not had a chance or felt comfortable shooting at a deer until last weekend with my bow and until I finished practicing last weekend. So I will have my bow and rifle, if one comes close enough I will take it with the bow and if not with the rifle:dancing: :woohoo: Rifle season starts Saturday!

I can't wait to get out and get some venison on the :grill:

Stay safe, shoot straight and most importantly enjoy the outdoors!

eagles 405

vafish
11-02-2006, 12:25
Tomorrow morning I'll be back out with the Crossbow.

Saturday morning my son and I will be in the woods with our Black Powder rifles.

noway
11-02-2006, 13:39
Post pictures and a story when you get your deer ;)

good luck

Sharker
11-03-2006, 10:32
good luck.

eagles405
11-05-2006, 16:03
OK, exciting weekend with lots of events.

Two weeks ago I recked my 91 suburban and basically totaled it. my parents being super kind replaced it for me giving me a 95 nissan standard pickup. Well I have never used a standard other then on private land. My Dad came up to my college to teach me how to drive it friday, then I was going to drive with him to the lease. well two hours into the training a part on the clutch went out. the parts store did not have the part and the other two part stores were closed. We get the truck fixed the next morning and we head to huntsville for me to hunt.
I get out in the stand about 4:15, scaring a small buck away from the feeder as I walk to the stand. Since I was late getting to the lease the two good bow shooting stands were taken. ( they are the best stands in general) About fifteen minutes later the two does pop out of the woods about 3 o'clock and about 150 yards away and start walking to the feeder a hundred yards from the stand at 12 o'clock. I harvested the larger of the two doe when it was about 103 yards away. After shooting I look towards where the does came out and the are another four deer heading back to the woods.
This morning I took my bow to a stand and saw a spike buck and two doe but none of them came in range. Now I am back after a precarious drive back in my "new to me" standard pickup.

Doe was taken with a Rem. model 700 30.06 with a Burris Signiture 3x by 9x scope using a 180 grain spear soft tip, boat bullet. Doe fell right where she was hit. (even though shot looks high in picture it did not destroy any meat and was a clean kill)

Stay safe and good hunting everybody.

eagles 405