Hunter safety ? [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : Hunter safety ?

11-02-2006, 20:45
I have never thought about it I hunt every year and today I realized my hunter safety card I got in 95 is from my home state in Wyoming. I currently live in Utah. Do I need to get a Utah Safety License or is my Wyoming one good. I never have thought about it.

11-03-2006, 03:52
you shouldn't. I taught Hunter Ed Courses for the Pa. Game Commission for 20 years and we were told that every state uses a standard course from the NRA. Now, this may be bull but I do know that other states recognized our card as proof of hunter education.

11-03-2006, 08:46
In Nebraska you would be OK hunting with an out of state class as long as you have documentation of taking Hunters Ed. I can't speak for Utah so you may want to give your game commission a call and ask.

11-03-2006, 12:07
same here in FL, any outsate Hunter Ed certification would be accepted.

11-04-2006, 17:54
VA recognizes any states hunter safety certificate, or a previous hunting license from any state.

11-04-2006, 18:16
The last time I can remember being asked for a previous license or hunter safety certificate was before I had a driver's license. It's been many moons since then. Every place I've hunted I just slap down the cash and ID.