Ready to go [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ready to go

GotGlock19
11-04-2006, 10:45
I decided i would follow my childhood dream and go army infantry, talked to a recruiter yesterday, got taped, etc.
I got 20 pounds to loose and I need 2 waivers, but he said it wouldn't be an issue. Anyone know any good excercises for getting a bigger neck?

STORMIN29
11-06-2006, 17:31
My son has been in basic training at Ft. Benning for the Infantry since October 2nd. He tells me how they really don't beat you down for the first few weeks, but are really interested in training you to be a surviving soldier. From what I have learned, recruiters can do just about anything. My son had voluntary PT on Tuesdays and a mandatory PT on Thursday. They helped him to lose several pounds before going in. He is coming home for two weeks over Christmas, which will be nice. As I told me son, choose a career which has a future in the military. I am not sure what he will do, but he does want to get into law enforcement after his tenure is up. Good luck in your new adventure and go in to it with a mature attitude. My son tells me how child like many of the new recruits act. Be safe adn God bless all who serve, have served in the past, and those who have given the supreme sacrifice. We live in Largo.

10-32
11-06-2006, 21:57
I thought I was going to be in the same boat, but I made tape. Actually, I was just 2 pounds over weight. I was kind of surprised.

Anyway, hold weights in your hands and do shoulder shrugs. Don't need to be large weights. Don't go nuts and hurt yourself or anything. (Consult your physician)

A great site with alot of good info on Military 'stuff' is www.Military.com They have discussion forums much like this site. ( http://forums.military.com/eve )

Good luck, and thanks for stepping forward.

BTW, please capitalize Army. Thanks.

Mterada
11-07-2006, 21:00
start running.

if you're one of the freakish people who looks like the pillsbury doughboy but you are pulling out 12 minute 2 miles, then disregard. Met a couple people like that while I was in.

For every other fat guy, you need to run more. Being great at running wont make you a good soldier, but being bad at running will make you a bad soldier in their eyes.

Lose some weight so that you can run and ruck better. Yes you will lose some in basic, but better to go in in decent shape.