Cor-Bon hunting ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cor-Bon hunting ammo

Kasinefect
11-06-2006, 20:51
Has anyone tried the hunting ammo from Cor-Bon? I'm specifically interested in the .357 and .45 Colt offerings. The website of course promises the moon. I DO carry their 115 grain +P in my Glock 9mm's.

noway
11-06-2006, 21:56
I'ved used the 10mm offering and it was okay. Didn't perform like I wish but it did fully penetrated the animal and I also needed another shot to finish it off. It was no better than anything else I've used in the past on the same type/size of game animal

I've heard good things about their 44magnum stuff and bad about 500mag and 460magnum from various people that have hunted with it. I know that's not the ammo your looking at but figure I would throw it out.

fwiw, I use alot of corbon stuff in the past and present but I would not pick corbon for my hunting needs. I would look very closely at the bullets they offer in each load and see if it's what your looking for and matches your game animal needs.

just my few pennies.

Ak.Hiker
11-07-2006, 01:00
The Sportmans Wharehouse in Anchorage can not keep their 44 magnum 305 grain Penetrator load in stock. The Penetrator bullet is a top pick for bear protection. They load a 335 grain hardcast and a 300 grain Sierra bullet in 45 Colt. They are hard hitting loads. I carry the 300 grain load in my 45 Colt Blackhawk or the 305 grain load in my 44 magnum for bear protection.

suckersrus
11-07-2006, 12:10
I had to pound their empties out of my S&W 329.
No problems with several other brands and bullet weights.