Monday afternoon piggies [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Monday afternoon piggies

TexAg
11-06-2006, 20:14
Shot these this afternoon on our lease about an hour southwest of Ft. Worth. About 15 of them came in to eat the peas at my feeder (which you can hear them crunching in their mouths 100yds away) and I shot the spotted one near the feeder, about 100 yrds with a Marlin 336ss .30-30 with new LeverEvolution. They all split up and I could still hear them talking to each other and knew one of them would show up again and sure enough about 4 broke cover and I shot the white one but hit him in the rear, but it made him go down and I followed it up with another around his shoulder. They weight about 70lbs dressed and will soon be ribs, pork chops and sausage.

TexAg
11-06-2006, 20:16
the spotted one

Glocktex
11-06-2006, 20:35
Yummy! Looks like you took out a female. That will definitely reduce the population!

Congrats!

noway
11-06-2006, 21:11
I haven't seen a spotted hog in a couple years.Them spotted and the belted hogs are cool. Good job done.

:thumbsup:

TexAg
11-07-2006, 12:46
Yeah, the spotted one was easy to single out in the sun, he pratically glowed. And they were both young males.

95Z71
11-08-2006, 03:28
Good hunting, man those are going to eat good. Are those hogs really mean.

aguyindallas
11-09-2006, 07:46
Originally posted by TexAg
Shot these this afternoon on our lease about an hour southwest of Ft. Worth. About 15 of them came in to eat the peas at my feeder (which you can hear them crunching in their mouths 100yds away) and I shot the spotted one near the feeder, about 100 yrds with a Marlin 336ss .30-30 with new LeverEvolution. They all split up and I could still hear them talking to each other and knew one of them would show up again and sure enough about 4 broke cover and I shot the white one but hit him in the rear, but it made him go down and I followed it up with another around his shoulder. They weight about 70lbs dressed and will soon be ribs, pork chops and sausage.

If you want any "free" help from a respectable sportsman on reducing the hog situation....please PM me.

If there is room on your lease for another gun, also PM me....may be interested. I got bit by the hunting bug this year.

TexAg
11-09-2006, 23:17
Well I appreciate the offer, but this is actually the first year I have gotten a shot at one on the place. I got pics of them on a game cam last year and I saw a HUGE one several hundred yards away running across a field (thought it was a calf at first) two years ago. This year though they seem to be hanging around in the vacinity of my stand and feeder. Its brushy enough and we have been feeding peas and they love pushing that Trophey Rock around, I guess thats keeping them there.
The lease is about 12,000 acres, yes, Twelve, Thousand! And its about an hour drive from Ft. Worth. And we pay for that believe me! Its not cheap, but my Dad is the payer and so his family gets to hunt on the place with him. Not alot of deer, but some decent ones and tons of turkey.
But I'll let ya know if there is an opening.