My 2004 Subaru WRX [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My 2004 Subaru WRX


Kjott21
11-07-2006, 21:20
It has been a while since I have hung out on this site too much. One reason has been work and the other has been my car. I have been putting a lot of time into upgrades. Here it is:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Kjott21/Car%20Pics/WithScoop004.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Kjott21/Car%20Pics/WithScoop003.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Kjott21/Car%20Pics/WithScoop002.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Kjott21/Car%20Pics/WithScoop001.jpg

I recently got a Protune and ended up with 310 whp and 275 wtq.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Kjott21/Car%20Pics/DynoSheets1.jpg

Current modifications:
Performance Mods:
Cobb AccessPORT
Cobb SF Intake
GM Boost Solenoid
Go Fast Bits Power Pulley Set
Go Fast Bits Stealth FX BOV
GReddy Evo2 Catback
Helix Downpipe
IHI VF30 Turbo
NGK Iridium One Step Colder Spark Plugs
Perrin Uppipe
STi Pink Injectors
TurboXS Topmounted Intercooler

Driveline Mods:
Go Fast Bits Adjustable Short Shifter

Suspension Mods:
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Hotchkis Front and Rear Sway Bars
Kartboy Front and Rear Endlinks
Whiteline Sport ALK

Exterior Mods:
Seibon Carbon Fiber STi Hood Scoop

Wheels:
Rota Torques

Got to the drag strip to mess around some before the tune. This was the best run:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Kjott21/Car%20Pics/Slips003.jpg

I don't know if anyone even cares. I just thought that I would share. Let me know what you think!

BPMACMAN
11-08-2006, 01:51
i gotta tell ya....i am no subaru fan,however what you have done is pretty impressive...nice job!
bp

Kjott21
11-08-2006, 07:18
Originally posted by BPMACMAN
i gotta tell ya....i am no subaru fan,however what you have done is pretty impressive...nice job!
bp

Thanks! There is a lot more to do. Just have to figure out how to get the money.

Rob1035
11-08-2006, 14:38
very nice. You luckily got in the game before Subaru decided to hire an intoxicated orangutan (formerly of BMW) to head their styling department

tehan2
11-08-2006, 18:16
very nice! looks sooooo much better than that crappy subaru blue that you see on the newer WRX's with those big "look at me" rear fins.

Nice 1/4 time for a 4 banger. What were you racing that did the 2.0 60'? He's got quite the launch with a .055 R/T

Kjott21
11-08-2006, 21:52
Originally posted by tehan2
very nice! looks sooooo much better than that crappy subaru blue that you see on the newer WRX's with those big "look at me" rear fins.

Nice 1/4 time for a 4 banger. What were you racing that did the 2.0 60'? He's got quite the launch with a .055 R/T
That was a modded Evo.

bac1023
11-09-2006, 11:46
Very nice.

tehan2
11-10-2006, 17:05
Originally posted by Kjott21
That was a modded Evo.

Kinda slow for an evo. I thought stock they ran 12's. Here is a site with some 1/4 times for the evo (you can search by model other cars too)

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mitsubishi--Lancer-EVO-Drag-Racing.html

Bushflyr
11-12-2006, 20:43
Looks nice. You need to paint the rockers and scoop though. The blsck reminds me of all the ricers running around with unpainted body kits. And yes, I do know it's carbon. :supergrin: Also, dump the BOV (the stock BPV is better), sell the Cobb SF Intake (Cobb even says it doesn't help), and do the H6 mod. Otherwise, nice start. You can see my Scoob in any one of the recent pic threads. :banana:

GroovedG19
11-12-2006, 22:06
Very nice!

Asha'man
11-12-2006, 23:08
Nice Scooby. I haven't played with them at all but I love the way that flat-four sounds, and they're obviously very potent machines.

Kjott21
11-13-2006, 19:25
Originally posted by Bushflyr
Looks nice. You need to paint the rockers and scoop though. The blsck reminds me of all the ricers running around with unpainted body kits. And yes, I do know it's carbon. :supergrin: Also, dump the BOV (the stock BPV is better), sell the Cobb SF Intake (Cobb even says it doesn't help), and do the H6 mod. Otherwise, nice start. You can see my Scoob in any one of the recent pic threads. :banana:

I like the red and black look. The stock BPV is fine for lower boost but I know 2 people who started leaking after getting tuned to over 18 lbs.I am not leaking boost and I am recirculating it anyway. I will stick with the GFB, and please don't tell me to do the crush mod. I am not comfortable with it. I like the way the intake sounds, and it isn't hurting anything. I know it isn't really making a lot of power, but the tuner suggested it.

DriBak
11-14-2006, 17:08
:thumbsup:

waktasz
11-18-2006, 19:25
That car has high 12 second potential for sure.


Originally posted by Rob1035
very nice. You luckily got in the game before Subaru decided to hire an intoxicated orangutan (formerly of BMW) to head their styling department

HEY! Be nice!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/waktasz/sep9-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/waktasz/autox2.jpg

Impreza
11-20-2006, 12:02
Nice!!

my 2004 STi
http://imgfreehost.com/out.php?i2060_STi.JPG (http://imgfreehost.com/out.php?t2060_STi.JPG)

Impreza
11-20-2006, 12:09
...err my pics don't post without clickable link!

NotAMonte86
11-20-2006, 17:51
Originally posted by tehan2
Nice 1/4 time for a 4 banger.
Nah, a 14.4 is good for a stock WRX. But putting down that kinda power it should be capable of knocking at least a second off that time, even with those parts untuned (unless something was really screwed).
It sounds like a decent daily driver.

Kjott21
11-20-2006, 19:41
Originally posted by NotAMonte86
Nah, a 14.4 is good for a stock WRX. But putting down that kinda power it should be capable of knocking at least a second off that time, even with those parts untuned (unless something was really screwed).
It sounds like a decent daily driver.

I wasn't tuned and it was my first time at the track. The car should be in the high 12's low 13's with a decent driver.

Ron3
11-20-2006, 22:33
Originally posted by Impreza
...err my pics don't post without clickable link!

Considered buying an STi/I, but just can't get past the box -with-a-wing styling. Needs a little more power (or less weight) and much better exhaust sound too.

Too bad though, because the handling is great and pedals/shifter/seat are A+! At least for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the 2008 STI and Evo X final versions are.

I sure wish the US made a car to compete with these two. The Corvette costs much more (and quality is too low) and the Muscle cars are too big/heavy.

How about a 3400lb or less 6-cylinder Turbo Ford Fusion with AWD, aggressive styling, a 6-spd, big brakes, and a couple good suspension levels for under $35K? Never happen I know...

Ron3

Bushflyr
11-20-2006, 22:57
I sure wish the US made a car to compete with these two. The Corvette costs much more (and quality is too low) and the Muscle cars are too big/heavy.


But the US does! The FF GTM. 4.5 LB/HP, sick downforce, beautiful styling, and under $35K out the door.

http://www.diseno-art.com/images/factory_five_GTM.jpg

Impreza
11-21-2006, 07:26
Originally posted by Ron3
Considered buying an STi/I, but just can't get past the box -with-a-wing styling. Needs a little more power (or less weight) and much better exhaust sound too.

Too bad though, because the handling is great and pedals/shifter/seat are A+! At least for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the 2008 STI and Evo X final versions are.

I sure wish the US made a car to compete with these two. The Corvette costs much more (and quality is too low) and the Muscle cars are too big/heavy.

How about a 3400lb or less 6-cylinder Turbo Ford Fusion with AWD, aggressive styling, a 6-spd, big brakes, and a couple good suspension levels for under $35K? Never happen I know...

Ron3

I have had my wing off since 04 lol...i recently put it back on because i'm gonna try and sell it....the new STi's are heavier...2004 was 3263lb....they also have a more aggressive front diff. they just keep getting softer...which brings me to EVO X for my next purchase!

Ron3
11-21-2006, 23:00
Originally posted by Bushflyr
But the US does! The FF GTM. 4.5 LB/HP, sick downforce, beautiful styling, and under $35K out the door.

http://www.diseno-art.com/images/factory_five_GTM.jpg

Interesting, but I'd like something with more factory support!

Ron3

Ron3
11-21-2006, 23:00
Originally posted by Impreza
I have had my wing off since 04 lol...i recently put it back on because i'm gonna try and sell it....the new STi's are heavier...2004 was 3263lb....they also have a more aggressive front diff. they just keep getting softer...which brings me to EVO X for my next purchase!

I like the evo X too, but watch it be over $40K! Might as well get a 'vette.

Ron3

slaytera666
01-14-2007, 16:12
I bought a new one in 03'. I had alot in it and got rid of it for an EVO. More potential. My fastest was a 12.8 at 5900ft asl, probably a very low 12 at sea level. Not to bash, but your 60ft is terrible. Your car is capable of at LEAST a 1.8 60ft.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/slaytera666/f3b572aa.jpg