New bike [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New bike

BLau
11-10-2006, 00:10
Anyone here into biking? I just bought this today at the local shop:

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=22010

It's the Specialized Enduro Elite in green. The green is so dark it is almost black.

Anyone who is into biking please feel free to chime in on your thoughts or any tips that I should know about. I figured this is something that I could do on a regular basis to help me get over the crap that I've been through the last few weeks (my wife passed away about 3 weeks ago for those who don't know).

Rob96
11-12-2006, 04:38
Wow! I think you are more into biking than me. I get by very well with my hardtail Trek 820 with steel frame.:supergrin:

Sorry to hear about the wife passing.

I really don't know too much about bikes with full suspensions. I don't really rock climb and all that. I just love to get out and ride trails. Nothing beats getting out in the fresh air on a bike. You really get to clear your head. See if you can hook up with some people to ride with. The bike shop should have some info on groups they could steer you towards.

Rob96
11-12-2006, 04:39
Oh, and wear a helemt.:thumbsup:

BLau
11-12-2006, 23:19
Rob,

Thanks for the info! The cool thing about my bike shop is that I get free maintenance for the life of the bike for any bike purchased at the shop.

Do you have any clothing tips for cold weather riding? I was just planning on sweat pants, gloves, face mask, and a pullover jacket.

Rob96
11-13-2006, 03:37
Do you have any clothing tips for cold weather riding? I was just planning on sweat pants, gloves, face mask, and a pullover jacket.

Pretty much what I am going to do.

mossy500camo
11-13-2006, 11:19
Originally posted by BLau
Anyone here into biking? I just bought this today at the local shop:

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=22010

It's the Specialized Enduro Elite in green. The green is so dark it is almost black.

Anyone who is into biking please feel free to chime in on your thoughts or any tips that I should know about. I figured this is something that I could do on a regular basis to help me get over the crap that I've been through the last few weeks (my wife passed away about 3 weeks ago for those who don't know).

VERY NICE BIKE! Sorry to hear about your wifes passing.

Checkout bikeforums.com

grecco
11-13-2006, 11:36
check out this website

www.mtbr.com

here is a pic of mines.

BLau
11-13-2006, 11:46
grecco,

What type of bike is that? I can't make out the name.

grecco
11-13-2006, 12:07
grecco,

What type of bike is that? I can't make out the name.

Its a Litespeed Niota -al
it has the shimano XT build
tubless tires and Hydralic disk.
5 inches front and rear travel.

its more a xc race bike,than a big hit bike,
the weight s built is 26.5 pds.

BCR
11-17-2006, 13:41
Rob,

Thanks for the info! The cool thing about my bike shop is that I get free maintenance for the life of the bike for any bike purchased at the shop.

You'll need a wicking layer under it all. Like something made of polyester, not cotton. Sweat pants are going keep the moisure/sweat up against your skin and you're going to get cold quick.

BLS439
11-26-2006, 19:41
I second www.mtbr.com.

My handle on that site is the same as here on GT. There are a bunch of people from my department that ride. Good choice on the Specialized.

I currently ride a Santa Cruz Blur LT.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss and wish you and your family the best.