New soldier sounding off [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New soldier sounding off

chR|5
11-11-2006, 17:31
Just left the bay area and Im sitting in a hotel on a computer on family day pass. Im at ft benning georgia, for infantry training. (starting 11c training soon haha)Some of you may remember me from about 10 weeks ago asking questions about what to bring, what mos I should choose,etc. So far Im doing great, lost about 25 pounds, and kicking ass. Next week is mta, and the start of my AIT training. Thank yall for your help, and Ill report back in about 4-5 weeks when I get computer access again.
Godbless.

FDC
11-11-2006, 18:11
Congrats!:thumbsup: I bet you're glad that stuff is over. Enjoy the 11Chuck training, direct lay with a 60mm is kinda fun. Also, don't shoot any polar missions with a distance of "0"--won't name the unit that did that:shocked: . Enjoy the rest of your time in training---any idea where you're going after 11C training ends?

Oh yeah---when talking about someone in the US Army, it's Soldier;).

youngsta614
11-11-2006, 18:53
enjoy your time off and infantry training is gonna be hell also. after that seeya in iraq or afganistan. my second tour is gonna be in 2008. infantry leads the way hoohah!:banana:

DriBak
12-06-2006, 17:44
HOOAH I did Infantry OSUT training there back in 1988. Take care, I shed like 30# also !

pt945
12-06-2006, 20:26
congrats and welcome to the family

youngsta614 i am slated to leave fall 2007 see you there

chris

13b artillery king of battle

STORMIN29
12-08-2006, 18:25
My son is at Fort Benning right now, went in October 2nd this year.
He is in B Company, 3/330th Infantry. He will be home next Sunday for Christmas and should graduate February 2nd. He is supposed to be headed to Alaska sometime after graduation. Congratulations of your life choice of being in the military. I can read in my sons letters, the changes that have made him more mature. His favorite experiences so far have all been firearm related, the big .50, grenade launcher, and moving targets with his rifle. Thanks for serving your country

Sapperstang
12-09-2006, 06:30
Congrats. My little brother is in basic right now.

chR|5
12-13-2006, 13:47
Well....I'm back! Graduated today! Im in the car on the way backt to NC now. My dad brought his wireless laptop from work, so I get to surf the net the entire time if I want to. Anyways, I made a 100 percent on my Mortarman exam, and did the 14 mile road march to Honor Hill. Good stuff haha. My orders say Ft. Irwin, California, anyone have a guess as what unit I will be going to? What my job will be? My platoon started with 43 privates, we graduated 26 today.

Thanks for all the support!

PFC chR|5
Echo Co 3/330th

Oh yeah, STORMIN29, Im in Echo Company, he just missed me. Tell him to stay hydrated, and motivaded. It will be hard at times, just tell him to remember why he joined, and use it to push himself to finish, its worth it to receive the blood rifles and the blue cord.
Sorry if some of this is unreadable, Recovery Phase has been hell on me. Untill later, Chris Out.;)

FDC
12-13-2006, 18:31
Originally posted by chR|5
Well....I'm back! Graduated today! Im in the car on the way backt to NC now. My dad brought his wireless laptop from work, so I get to surf the net the entire time if I want to. Anyways, I made a 100 percent on my Mortarman exam, and did the 14 mile road march to Honor Hill. Good stuff haha. My orders say Ft. Irwin, California, anyone have a guess as what unit I will be going to? What my job will be? My platoon started with 43 privates, we graduated 26 today.

Thanks for all the support!

PFC chR|5
Echo Co 3/330th

Oh yeah, STORMIN29, Im in Echo Company, he just missed me. Tell him to stay hydrated, and motivaded. It will be hard at times, just tell him to remember why he joined, and use it to push himself to finish, its worth it to receive the blood rifles and the blue cord.
Sorry if some of this is unreadable, Recovery Phase has been hell on me. Untill later, Chris Out.;)

Congrats. Unless something has changed, you'll end up in 11ACR. You'll be OPFOR for NTC. Just because you're in an OPFOR unit for the National Training Center doesn't mean you'll be hanging out in California all the time. 11ACR spent a year in Mosul, and just South of Baghdad during OIF 3.

chR|5
12-13-2006, 22:57
Can you provide any more information? From what I've read, the 11th ACR is really high speed. But what do they need an 11Cookie for?

GlockPride
12-13-2006, 23:24
Awesome. I get on the plane in the morning to go to Ft. Knox. Little brother is graduating Friday morning from Cav Scout school. He is assigned to 3rd ACR at Ft. Hood-don't know squadron yet. He reports to Ft. Hood sometime after 1st of year. It's cool b/c he will only be 45 min. from the house where we grew up.
Any other active scouts out there or anyone in 3rd ACR?
THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!!! Means more now personally and we need it now more than ever.

RENEA
01-03-2007, 06:18
Outstanding! Thank you for your service to this great nation. You'll be fine. A few things that may help you in your Army career are:
listen to your NCO's, stay motivated when the going gets tough & doing PT on your own time.

Glock_36
01-03-2007, 15:22
Congratulations Soldier. Thank You for Your Service to Our Great Country. Enjoy Your Time and See the World. My Son is in Okinawa, Keeping an Eye on the Pacific.:thumbsup:

CJStudent
01-30-2007, 19:55
Originally posted by chR|5
Can you provide any more information? From what I've read, the 11th ACR is really high speed. But what do they need an 11Cookie for?

Good luck man! Got some friends from AIT out there right now, going against the Blackhorse, with the 3rd Brigade, 3rd ID. They have the 11C's for the same reason anybody else does, I imagine. You managed to get in with one of the few units that trains damn near 24/7, which means you'll end up that much more ready when your turn in the sandbox comes. Again, good luck, and God bless! Hooah!

16vmkII
01-30-2007, 21:25
Congrats. :sad:

meshmdz
02-03-2007, 00:09
Thank you for your service to the United States. Your decision to join the greatest branch in the world and in the US military is the best decision you will ever make. The sky is the limit. You should look into the "Green to Gold" program if you are considering college.