2003 Sequoia w/Low Oil Pressure [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Sequoia w/Low Oil Pressure

kw
11-12-2006, 18:39
I am looking at purchasing a Toyota certified vehicle. A 2003 Sequoia SR5 with 50K miles. The truck is in great shape except for a few very minor blemishes.
I have two questions:
1) Is $19,500 a good price for this truck?
2) I noticed while I test driving the truck the oil pressure gauge was about a quarter of the way up the dial. No problems here. But, once the engine warmed up and I stopped at a traffic light, the needle dropped to the “L” on the gauge.
The salesman said this is normal and I shouldn’t worry about it. But I’m not sure. As a certified vehicle I believe this would be covered under the warranty but I do not want to buy a vehicle that is going to give me problems from the start.
Has anyone else seen this with their trucks? Should I be concerned or not?
One other thing: The “D” led in the dash does not work when I pull the shifter into drive. What will it cost me to have this repaired?
Thanks in advance,
KW

Dandapani
11-12-2006, 18:59
http://kbb.org

knightkrawler00
11-12-2006, 21:32
The low oil pressure reading is normal on the Sequoia, there is a problem in the gauge. Toyota has not been able to fix the issue, there has been updated sensors and gauges, as well as updates for the computer, but nothing has fixed the problem. We are still waiting on the next "fix" from Toyota, hopefully soon, but then we don't have any customers that seem too concerned about it.