SiG Service Plan [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SiG Service Plan

silversport
11-15-2006, 10:56
Has anybody done this??? All new springs, new SigLite Night Sights, a thorough cleaning and check up for $99 bux...sounds like a steal.
I may be picking up a well used and slightly abuses SiG/Sauer P225 circa 1995 and this seems to be the ticket...I am an SiG Armoer and I couldn't get parts for this price...any thoughts on the refinish??? I am thinking Tripp Research Hard Chrome for the slide but I haven't seen the frame on this one I am looking at yet...better to have this done BEFORE the SiG Service Plan, yes???
Thanks for any help.
Bill

Flork
12-09-2006, 18:00
The Service plan is way cheaper than I can do it for. It's a great way for you guys to get your guns tuned up.

As for the hard chrome, I'd personally just reblue the slide or you could talk to Sig about them Nitroning the entire gun.

silversport
12-09-2006, 18:17
I have started to have second thoughts...I found my SiG Sight Pusher...I can get the springs and re-do them for about $30 bux shipped to me...as for the finish...SiGARMS wants $240 plus shipping (shipping would be included if I got the SSP) on top of the $99 ($150 with shipping) so I would be looking at $390 on top of the $300 for the gun...about $700 for an nice P225...or I could have it refinished anywhere...and do the other things myself and save a hundred or so...more if I dropped night sights off the list...after cleaning this pistol up, other than the blueing is worn on them, the sights are just fine...so...
Bill

Flork
12-10-2006, 12:34
If you're interested in getting your gun refinished and looked through email grayguns at scott@grayguns.com

tx787
03-02-2010, 10:52
Anyone have recent experience with this? Would it be recommended for a circa 1992 P226?

Cobra64
03-02-2010, 17:13
Has anybody done this??? All new springs, new SigLite Night Sights, a thorough cleaning and check up for $99 bux...sounds like a steal.
I may be picking up a well used and slightly abuses SiG/Sauer P225 circa 1995 and this seems to be the ticket...I am an SiG Armoer and I couldn't get parts for this price...any thoughts on the refinish??? I am thinking Tripp Research Hard Chrome for the slide but I haven't seen the frame on this one I am looking at yet...better to have this done BEFORE the SiG Service Plan, yes???
Thanks for any help.
Bill

It's the only bargain you'll get from Exeter. :)

Seriously, it's an excellent value for what you're getting; especially on a 15 year old P225. Many of the Sigsters over on Sig Forum take advantage of this plan with their trade ins. I say "go for it."

Cobra64
03-02-2010, 17:15
Anyone have recent experience with this? Would it be recommended for a circa 1992 P226?

Yes. The guys over on Sig Forum.

RedTape
03-02-2010, 20:32
The service plan is a great deal. I highly recommend it on any used, non-CPO Sig. I'd skip the refinishing though unless you're looking for a range/BBQ gun. I think a well used Sig is a beautiful Sig. Spend that money at GrayGuns on a trigger job!

SIGShooter
03-15-2010, 19:36
Any used Sig I have ever bought, that was not a CPO, got the SSP. Anytime my gun needed a tune up, I used the SSP.

I remember when the SSP cost 99 dollars. Now they're running like 150-160 dollars. That doesn't include shipping.

Cobra64
03-15-2010, 20:14
Any used Sig I have ever bought, that was not a CPO, got the SSP. Anytime my gun needed a tune up, I used the SSP.

I remember when the SSP cost 99 dollars. Now they're running like 150-160 dollars. That doesn't include shipping.

It's currently $129.95. :)

Shipping fees aside, it's reasonable priced, especially for those who are not capable of doing a full detail strip for spring replacement.

SIG SERVICE PLAN AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USED SIG PISTOLS - P & SP
Detail strip entire firearm, inspecting critical components
Replace most commonly worn springs
Install new night sights
Lubricate, reassemble, and function check
Return in factory lockable box (if needed)
P230/P232 models excluded

$129.95