Veteran hat [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Veteran hat

gordonfreeman
11-17-2006, 13:08
I was wondering if I wore a hat that said vietnam veteran(it's my uncles) would anyone take offense or get angry? I'm only 15, but I don't want to cause any trouble for the people who served in it.

Armed Infidel
11-17-2006, 20:14
Hummm... ya know Gordon, it wouldn't bother me unless you were acting up or something but some guys still after all these years take that title very seriously.

That's kinda tuff to answer. I'd suggest if you do wear it to be respectful and sensitive to how you're received by folks.

It's really cool that you're even asking though! :thumbsup:

82ndAbn
11-19-2006, 22:09
You may get an odd look or two. I doubt anyone would ever say anything to you outside of asking where you got the hat.

habu3
11-22-2006, 05:48
I am assuming that your uncle gave you the hat. Wear it proudly, and if someone asks you why you are wearing it since you obviously aren't a veteran, tell them that it was your uncle's and you are wearing it to honor him and his service.

hogship
11-25-2006, 00:09
Originally posted by gordonfreeman
I was wondering if I wore a hat that said vietnam veteran(it's my uncles) would anyone take offense or get angry? I'm only 15, but I don't want to cause any trouble for the people who served in it.

If anyone takes offense or gets angry, it it he that has a problem.....not you.

Wear it proudly.

hogra (Vietnam Veteran)