The Army's Honor Guard 'The Old Guard.' [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Army's Honor Guard 'The Old Guard.'

GreenBeret1631
11-18-2006, 19:34
Video:

The Army's Honor Guard the 3rd Infantry the 'Old Guard,' in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dxTBK7jI1s

Dalton Wayne
11-18-2006, 19:52
:patriot:

FDC
11-18-2006, 20:01
Had a buddy that was with them in the early 90's. Not on the rifle team, he was mainly a Tomb Guard. If you are ever in DC, watching the Changing of the Guard is a must.

http://www.tombguard.org/tombguards0001.jpg
http://www.dotreader.com/site/files/user_images/tomb%20of%20unknown.jpg

:patriot:

eta: why don't the pics show? Click on the pics, they are worth it.:patriot:

RENEA
11-20-2006, 02:40
Was in TOG from 2002-2005. Quite an experience....

rifle-cop624
11-22-2006, 14:37
Former A Company, Commander-In-Chief's Guard, here (George Washingtons Personal Guard and the oldest active duty Infantry unit in the US).

RENEA
11-23-2006, 00:30
Originally posted by rifle-cop624
Former A Company, Commander-In-Chief's Guard, here (George Washingtons Personal Guard and the oldest active duty Infantry unit in the US).

You were on McNair also? :supergrin: Very nice post in the ghetto!

{TEX}Hawaii 5-0
11-25-2006, 16:57
Good Video. :thumbsup:

rifle-cop624
12-04-2006, 10:58
Originally posted by RENEA
You were on McNair also? :supergrin: Very nice post in the ghetto!

We used to do jungle boot and flak vest runs through SW DC, back in the day.

RENEA
12-06-2006, 09:36
We used to do jungle boot and flak vest runs through SW DC, back in the day.

I used to run my Joes either around post for PT or the "fish market" along the river. In the early morning it was deserted along the docks and relatively safe. On Friday or Sat nights we'd have gang shootouts not too far from P-St gate. We even had a gang member wander thru the gate and drop dead from a gunshot wound there in 02.

TOG23
12-24-2006, 16:10
Presently in Honor Guard Company!! :supergrin:

rifle-cop624
12-27-2006, 16:39
I remember that, Renea! Were you "Animal Guard" or an MP at the time? Remember the Crazy Horse on M Street back then? Or the Dome? It was the Friday night fights between us and the 8th and I jarheads every week. Friday nights after a long, hard Primary Week were the much apreciated.

RENEA
12-28-2006, 06:17
MP. I never had any issues with A-Company. As an NCO I tried to keep their joes out of the blotter if possible and in return they never messed with my squad when we worked the road. When were you there? I used to go to Lulu's in Georgetown alot... Not many clubs in DC I like.

I remember that, Renea! Were you "Animal Guard" or an MP at the time? Remember the Crazy Horse on M Street back then? Or the Dome? It was the Friday night fights between us and the 8th and I jarheads every week. Friday nights after a long, hard Primary Week were the much apreciated.

rifle-cop624
12-28-2006, 07:00
I just re-read your post and noted that the gang-banger shooting happened in 02. I was there from 91-94 and the same thing happened in 92. There was a multi-jurisdictional task force doing guns for drugs street rips in the area and they wound up shooting it out with some bad guys who wrecked by the back gate. They bailed and tried to run on post, not knowing where they were.
This was back in 92. Hel, we used to sit on the back balcony of the barracks and listen to the gunfire at night.
The Dome and Crazy Horse were bars that were basically A Company hangouts back in the late eighties, early nineties. We would be there every Friday night. Fueled by testosterone and booze, many a good wreck broke out between Animal Guard troopers and 8th and I Marines.
Ahh, the good old days.