Opening Day of Gun (TN) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day of Gun (TN)

Bullitt
11-20-2006, 11:08
Here's my first buck of the season, a small 7 pointer.

http://www.itsajeep.org/vBulletin/gallery/files/4/5/0/IMGP3484.JPG

freakshow10mm
11-20-2006, 14:32
Congrats! I missed a buck Saturday with my pistol. Shot low. He was on the run and I raised the gun up to clear the blind window but wasn't lined up anymore. Our season goes until the 30th. I have two tags to fill.

noway
11-20-2006, 16:22
good job ;) Care to post details ( whatcha used/bullet/range/gun/rifle/etc..... )

I've hunted this past weekend 2day anterless season and saw nothing. The cool weather was nice and no mosquitoes so I can't complain.

Bullitt
11-20-2006, 17:03
Originally posted by noway
good job ;) Care to post details ( whatcha used/bullet/range/gun/rifle/etc..... )

I've hunted this past weekend 2day anterless season and saw nothing. The cool weather was nice and no mosquitoes so I can't complain.

Sure, it was Saturday here in TN when I took the deer. It was clear, cold and windy. I had seen 8 deer that morning, no real takers, but seeing deer makes for a great day regardless. I came down from my stand at 11:00 and returned at 1:30 after a huge breakfast. :supergrin: I looked pretty hard for the perfect spot on this ridge to place my Summit Viper climbing stand. I finally decided that I would place the stand where I could watch this huge field and put the hard woods to my back. I hung some Tinks 69 scent bombs from my stand. The wind was blowing toward the woods behind me from left to right. I was really just hoping to see some does in the field and I was going to take one of those. At 3:45p I was watching some squirrels engaging in a battle royale, it was hilarious, when out of the corner of my eye I saw something. I cut my eyes hard and less than 15 yds from my stand stood that buck. He looked pretty small from the stand, but he was the biggest thing I'd seen all day so I was set to take him. He came in nose in the air sniffing the Tinks. He walk from my right to my left. I let him get out about 40 yds and then took the shot with my Weatherby Mark 5, 300 Win Mag. He was quartering away from me as he crossed the field. My 180 gr Winchester Ballistic tip hit right behind his shoulder, oblitherated the heart and came to rest in his opposite shoulder. Needless to say, he did not run anywhere, fell right where I shot him on his right side. The bullet did not exit. The shot created so much pressure that his lungs fill will air and one was bubbled out the entry wound, that for some reason was about 4" in diameter. It was only 3:56pm when I took the shot, so I let the deer rest for about 45 min, hoping a doe would come by. Nothing else came by so I climbed down and started the dressing task. It was a good day. :thumbsup:

noway
11-20-2006, 17:15
{t was a good day. }

Any day with hunting in the field is good. A great day is when you carry out some animal ;)

Thanks for the update

BlackBelt
11-20-2006, 21:29
I've tagged out my 3 bucks for the year here in West TN. A spike, a 6 point and an 8 point. Shot with a crossbow, muzzleloader, and rifle, respectively.
Only does from here on out...