View Full Version : Hunting is on the wane in America

Landor
11-26-2006, 10:00
see article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15892909/site/newsweek/

suckersrus
11-26-2006, 11:54
Yep.

They tell me, that back where I grew up, in Virginia, hardly no one hunts squirrels, rabbits, or coon anymore.

The kids are missing out on something great.

vafish
11-26-2006, 21:52
Originally posted by suckersrus
Yep.

They tell me, that back where I grew up, in Virginia, hardly no one hunts squirrels, rabbits, or coon anymore.

The kids are missing out on something great.

Not mine,

They spent the weekend (well not hunting on Sunday) deer hunting with their grandfather. Something I was never able to do.

13 year old son shot his first deer and the 10 year old son was nearby when I shot a nice doe, he and my dad came over to watch while I gutted it.

citori59
11-27-2006, 05:11
Today is the first day of "regular" deer season here in PA and I'm not in the woods for the first time in 35 years.

Our game commission has change the seasons and the criteria for is a legal buck so many times that you never know what to expect. By the time "regular" season rolls around the herd has had so much pressure on it there is nary a deer to be found. Couple that with our DEP making it ever harder to hunt on public grounds, is it any wonder no one wants to hunt anymore? The private ground around here is bought up or leased by groups of out of towners that then post it to keep everyone else off.

All I am happy for is that fishing still remains unfettered. I put most of my free time in catching big bullheads.

suckersrus
11-30-2006, 10:37
Originally posted by vafish
Not mine,

They spent the weekend (well not hunting on Sunday) deer hunting with their grandfather...

Kids, as well as their parents, are better off when the kids are in the woods rather than on the streets.

vafish
11-30-2006, 11:12
Originally posted by suckersrus
Kids, as well as their parents, are better off when the kids are in the woods rather than on the streets.

Kids are also better off in the woods than sitting at home palying video games.