business insurance [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : business insurance

paccw
11-26-2006, 16:04
Can anyone help me find an insurance company with the best rates to insure a heating and cooling company .Plus 2 company trucks.

Thanks.

Nakkie
12-02-2006, 22:07
Originally posted by paccw
Can anyone help me find an insurance company with the best rates to insure a heating and cooling company .Plus 2 company trucks.

Thanks. Look in the yellow pages and start calling commercial agents with your basic information in hand. They will compete for your business.

Cali-Glock
12-12-2006, 14:33
Look to your state and national trade associations and your trade journals for insurers and specialty insurance programs for your industry.

blaire576
12-18-2006, 21:55
Another way is to get a quote from insurance brokers like http://www.oneshopinsurance.com They can surely help you decide which insurance company is best for your insurance needs.

SQUAD
01-10-2007, 15:25
I carry 2 million in coverage for my service business thru Erie Insurance Group. Best rates yet. I have a couple of vehicles insured, liability, equipment replacement, etc... The works. Best prices I found. I think they practice in 17 states east of the Mississippi mainly on the east coast.

URL: http://www.erieinsurance.com/

Active1
01-11-2007, 23:05
In IL Country Insurance is good to contractors.

You really need to find an agency that deals with contractors. Too many out there don't want to deal with it, are a rip-off with poor service and coverage, or give the small guy low priority. I also seen some agents act as a middle man to a different agency. The resault is a slow turn around and higher cost. You may need paperwork from them time to time with a fast turn around.

paccw
01-12-2007, 15:40
Thank-you for the info.

Getting a company started cost alot until you build a full customer base to cover costs.

I'll keep searching because in 6 months I'm going full time for myself.

G-Mak
01-19-2007, 11:44
Good luck on your new business. I'm self-employed as a welder/fabricator. Good insurance is important.

paccw
01-19-2007, 15:57
UPDATE

State Farm who I used since I was 16 told me 2,100.00 est
Erie (drum roll please) 986.00 est.

:banana:

ShawnB many thanks that is more of a drop then I could have hoped for. And it's the same coverage.

SQUAD
01-19-2007, 17:58
You're welcome paccw. You can send me $500 considering you're saving over $1100! Just joking...glad to help! :smile:

Also a heads up (a good heads up). I'm not sure if it's the same for you, but with my policy I make payments only 10 out of 12 months. November and December are gratis! Well, perhaps not truly free, but you get the idea. Check with your insurance broker or look at your policy.

Originally posted by paccw
UPDATE

State Farm who I used since I was 16 told me 2,100.00 est
Erie (drum roll please) 986.00 est.

:banana:

ShawnB many thanks that is more of a drop then I could have hoped for. And it's the same coverage. :) :) :)