Battlefield 2142 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2142

Tvov
11-29-2006, 06:23
So, who's playing this? It has been out for a bit now. Likes or dislikes? I have heard that there has been some impressive "stat padding" going on. People using glitches and getting like 200 points the first few minutes of a game. I have never been big on the stats and unlocks, it can ruin the incredible potential of the squad-based Battlefield2 game system.

My copy will be sitting under the Christmas Tree.

Hickeroar
11-29-2006, 15:16
It seems to me that the BF games get more and more buggy with every release... I did see a video for 2142 and it looked pretty stinking good.

Check out gamespot.com for a review if you want one.

Tvov
11-29-2006, 16:56
Oh, I'm already getting it, like I said it will be under the Christmas Tree. I have friends who play it and really like it, and others who don't like it. It seems to be a love-hate thing with the game.

Tvov
01-22-2007, 08:43
Well, I've been playing Battlefield 2142 for a few weeks now, and well... it doesn't have the "WOW" factor that Battlefield 2 had when it came out. It really is just a big mod for BF2. It is pretty good, but I am happy that I got it when it was on sale ($25).

What are REALLY good are the free mod downloads for BF2, especially Point of Existence 2. The shame is that because of the ranking system, mods can't be played on EA "ranked" servers (so people don't get their points, unlock weapons, and advance in rank), and few people are giving them a chance. When the Desert Combat mod came out for Battlefield 1942, people flocked to it, and the mod is actually more popular now than the orginial game. That will be difficult to happen with BF2, because of the ranking system.

tgtshuter
01-22-2007, 10:19
Originally posted by Tvov
Well, I've been playing Battlefield 2142 for a few weeks now, and well... it doesn't have the "WOW" factor that Battlefield 2 had when it came out. It really is just a big mod for BF2. It is pretty good, but I am happy that I got it when it was on sale ($25).

What are REALLY good are the free mod downloads for BF2, especially Point of Existence 2. The shame is that because of the ranking system, mods can't be played on EA "ranked" servers (so people don't get their points, unlock weapons, and advance in rank), and few people are giving them a chance. When the Desert Combat mod came out for Battlefield 1942, people flocked to it, and the mod is actually more popular now than the orginial game. That will be difficult to happen with BF2, because of the ranking system.

Hey Yvov,
I tried the demo for 2142, and I didn't like it. Felt like I was playing a mod for Halo...something like that.
Don't misunderstand, it's a nice concept, but not my "cup of tea". Like you said - didn't have that WOW factor that BF2 had.
I really enjoyed playing 1942, and the DC mod.

Off topic; have you seen the preview for the new release coming in the Medal Of Honor series? It's called Medal Of Honor:Airborne.
Here's a link to ign.com on it. Check it out, they've made some nice sounding changes. Looks to released for console and PC.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/742/742418p1.html