What This Forum Is Here For - Read This If You Post Here [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What This Forum Is Here For - Read This If You Post Here

Eric
11-29-2006, 11:32
Folks, I did not create this forum to give people a place to ***** about cops, or to question the morality or legality of their practices. You might have a burning need to do so, but this is not the place for it.

I created this forum as a place for cops to talk shop and for non-cops to be able to interact with cops and hopefully create some common ground. <b><font color="red">If you do not like cops, or you are pissed because you got a ticket, or you want to know how to beat the ticket, or you don't like no-knock warrants or DUI checkpoints, do not post about it here. Period. </font></b>I am sick to death of all of the bickering and all of the problems a few knuckleheads here (On both sides of the fence) keep causing. I want the problems to stop.

If you want to discuss legal/ethical issues of police practices or policies, do it in GT's Civil Liberties forum. That is what it was created for. From now on, any such discussion here will be closed or moved to that forum. There are a handful of people here who are obsessed with the topic and they are screwing things up here for everyone else.

Once again and for the record, I and my site are big fans of LEO's and we support them. You do not have to like them yourself, but you do have to treat them respectfully if you want to post on my site. On the other hand, the problems here are not one-sided. I expect EVERYONE to comport themselves in a considerate, respectful manner, if they wish to continue participating here. There is no excuse for bad behavior and many of you are in a job that has certainly taught you better.

This forum has been one of the most problematic on GT, but I still feel it can be an asset if the people that use it will help it live up to its potential. Eric

Cochese
11-30-2006, 03:27
What he said.

VirginiaLEO83
11-30-2006, 08:07
+1

:wavey: Thanks Eric.

Peace Warrior
01-23-2007, 00:23
+10 to the 50th power

thank you !!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Chuck Savage
01-27-2007, 09:03
Well said...thanks.

MTPD
02-06-2007, 10:34
I agree with your intent Eric, but why are threads SUPPORTING POLICE OFFICERS being moved into obscurity? Specifically, those threads supporting the two Border Patrol officers wrongfully prosecuted for merely doing their jobs?

Cochese
02-06-2007, 15:39
Originally posted by MTPD
I agree with your intent Eric, but why are threads SUPPORTING POLICE OFFICERS being moved into obscurity? Specifically, those threads supporting the two Border Patrol officers wrongfully prosecuted for merely doing their jobs?

I'm not Eric, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night.

Those threads are/were moved because of the tactics used, by both sides of the "arguments" in the threads, to convey their message.

Additionally, there are about five different mods in CT. Eric is only one. He relies on the others judgement to take something that is heading out of line and send it where it can continue its course. CT is a place for LEO's to hang out and talk shop and answer questions asked by other non LEO's. It's not a place to have a tantrum over a ticket or argue no-knocks, heated court decisions and even the BP thread. He and his mods are just trying to keep the bickering out, and I for one appreciate it after hanging out there for a few years with over 3000 posts there.

Take this FWIW, from JAFO. ;)

PeterJasonMN
02-06-2007, 23:34
Originally posted by Cochese
...Additionally, there are about five different mods in CT. Eric is only one...

He's not a mod. He's Owner & an Admin.

Sheesh.

:tongueout:

Cochese
02-06-2007, 23:40
Originally posted by PeterJasonMN
He's not a mod. He's Owner & an Admin.

Sheesh.

I meant he is only one GUY. Don't make me come up there Red! :supergrin:

PeterJasonMN
05-12-2007, 12:15
*bump*

Cochese
05-31-2007, 08:43
*bump*

They make a cream for that, you filthy ginger.

:supergrin:

TBO
06-02-2007, 21:32
:laughabove: :animlol: :rofl: :hugs:

Sam Spade
06-02-2007, 22:10
*bump*
Did you try to bump a sticky?

TBO
06-02-2007, 22:12
Originally posted by Sam Spade
Did you bump a sticky? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxp6W12QQbE

PeterJasonMN
06-02-2007, 23:05
Originally posted by Sam Spade
Did you try to bump a sticky?

That's nothing.

I did a "btt" for one in the OAF :rofl:

RussP
06-28-2007, 14:15
Sorry...Wrong Thread

Cochese
07-17-2007, 11:10
Originally posted by RussP
Sorry...Wrong Thread

There is no wrong thread with PJMN, TBO and RussP posting in it.
As long as everyone keeps their clothes on.

Peter!

:supergrin:

justinhcannon
07-18-2007, 21:59
Originally posted by TheeBadOne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxp6W12QQbE

why, oh why did I click. I should have known better.

TBO
07-18-2007, 22:04
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/TheeBadOne/TBO/Kool-AidManBlue.jpg

justinhcannon
07-18-2007, 22:28
http://i19.tinypic.com/68lc6s5.jpg

OH NO!

Stone
09-10-2007, 20:19
First I'd just like to apologize for offending (made a thread that got locked). However I think the banning of the discussion of "legal/ethical issues of police practices or policies" neuters the "Cop Talk" forum, thus ignoring a very important part of police work. Those legal/ethical issues are what the legal system is all about.

Nonetheless, I agree that all discussions should remain civil and intelligent. I can only wonder if an officer posted what I did, would his thread be locked...

Cochese
09-22-2007, 15:48
Originally posted by Stone
First I'd just like to apologize for offending (made a thread that got locked). However I think the banning of the discussion of "legal/ethical issues of police practices or policies" neuters the "Cop Talk" forum, thus ignoring a very important part of police work. Those legal/ethical issues are what the legal system is all about.

Nonetheless, I agree that all discussions should remain civil and intelligent. I can only wonder if an officer posted what I did, would his thread be locked...

First, you bet your ass it would.

Second, legal/ethical issues are intended to be discussed in the Civil Liberties Forum, per Eric, the site owner. It's not up for debate. He runs his site the way he wants to. You are welcome to participate, but please mind his wishes.

:thumbsup:

PeterJasonMN
09-22-2007, 15:52
Originally posted by Stone

The major problem is many times when people come here to "Debate" the issues, they do so not with logic or reason; but with keyboard commando/armchair lawyer statements that are so beyond the truth it's unreal. Then when they are at the point they can't say argue anymore, instead of saying "oh, crap, guess I was wrong" then they get pissed off and start hurling insults left and right.

nnickatnight
01-15-2008, 19:05
I'm new to the forum, but I appreciate your support as other sites act a bashing areas.

Kayo
01-20-2008, 03:52
*click*

justinhcannon
01-20-2008, 03:55
hahaha

what a homo.

AnimalK
01-20-2008, 03:59
Gone in 4....3....2....

Kayo
01-20-2008, 04:00
Gone in 4....3....2....

oh my god WHERE'D I GO

AnimalK
01-20-2008, 04:03
Buh-bye.

Kayo
01-20-2008, 04:05
Buh-bye.

OH GOD WHATS HAPPENING

1976hd
05-06-2008, 07:33
moved post

Detectorist
01-09-2009, 09:33
How about a 'real' citizens arrest...

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=977630

Jack_Pine
02-06-2009, 16:49
Just curious. I like the idea of civilians interacting with LEO's in a no confrontational manner (me=civilian).

However, I have posted a couple of questions (identifying myself as civilian) and get no response. Could be perceived as stupid (I don't think so). Seems more like leo's don't want to interact, hope I am wrong?

PuroMexicano
02-06-2009, 17:55
I'll tell you why, you are new, few posts.

Most (not all) of the people with those characteristics are just trolls trying to bash cops, so everyone here will be a little wary at first to answer your questions until they've determined that are legit.

Jack_Pine
02-07-2009, 08:28
Got it, makes sense. I will let some time go by (and posts) to prove I am not a Troll. I would say though that the content of the post should be judged on its own.

Thanks for your response.

Fiery Red XIII
02-08-2009, 14:00
Great! PJ's a ginger too? Oh well, at least we got a couple in MN then!

Red

spdski
11-03-2009, 19:19
Not that "bumping" these rules will actually move them, but I would like to give them a bump anyway (and share my own craziness).

Lately I am noticing more and more people that come to CT and start the unquantifiable threads that include any mention of things like:

Oath Creepers
"Will you obey they constitution as I have interpreted it from my trailer?"
"Do you hate freedom?"
"Guess what I 'learned' on World News Daily?"
"They took our guns!" (to be read in appropriate South Park voice)

Most cops spend their working life around people who are cop-haters, paranoid, mentally ill or ignorant, and I am sure they would like to avoid doing the same here.

So, my message to everyone who feels the need to get on a soap box about their issues with LE, personal views of other people's oaths or their paranoid fears about gun grabs is: I think it would make CT a better place if we did not hear about these topics again.

I like to think of CT as a big group of cops and their friends hanging out at a Starbucks (or Dunkin Donuts, if you prefer). If you walk up to that group with an honest question, you'll get a (mostly) helpful and polite answer. If, on the other hand, you approach with an agenda and an attitude, you're gonna get an angry response and ruin the atmosphere for everyone. CT can be a great resource for everyone here.

To put it in other words, please stop pooping in the sandbox.:steamed:

One last thing. Glocktalk has a SEARCH function for a reason. Use it.

OK, I am off my soapbox. :faint:

Thank you Eric for giving us this place to hangout.

Cochese
11-04-2009, 03:09
:soap:

spdski
11-04-2009, 11:27
:soap:

It's been a hard week. I was at my limit.

RussP
11-13-2009, 19:46
Nothing wrong with bringing this back to the top...

The hard part? Getting people to read and understand the words.

Dalton Wayne
11-13-2009, 19:53
How bout us former leos did 6 years wearing the badge have always been welcomed here, will never bash cops I know what it's like to wear the badge
http://pixpipeline.com/s/f6e84f632f89.jpg (http://pixpipeline.com/d/f6e84f632f89.jpg)
Me in my younger days
Regards
DW

captcurly
09-28-2010, 18:14
Very good Eric and I am with you.

RussP
11-18-2012, 22:46
This needs bumping to the top.

RussP
08-20-2013, 08:49
This needs bumping to the top.Again...

Please read before posting, especially if you are coming from The Okie Corral.

RussP
07-16-2014, 07:15
And again

RussP
12-05-2014, 11:19
One more time...

chiefjack
12-05-2014, 14:53
Just want to say thank you to all the Mods and others that make this forum a place I look forward to visiting daily. Many interesting and informative things here that also are sometimes very entertaining!!!! :rofl:

rhikdavis
12-05-2014, 15:13
It's aliiiiiiiivee...aliiiiiiiiivee!!