Rainbow Six Vegas on 360 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six Vegas on 360

Strider47
12-01-2006, 09:35
Anyone else here playing? I've stopped playing GoW and CoD3 since getting it. I love the RS games. Well, all but Lockout.

Hickeroar
12-01-2006, 09:49
I dunno. The graphics in the previews looked so cartoony I haven't even been able to bring myself to download the demo... Maybe I'll do that since you seem to be enjoying the game.

One reviewer stated that after playing gears of war, Vegas looked almost like an original Xbox game... Yeah graphics aren't EVERYTHING, but they ARE important to many people.

Are they not really that bad?

Strider47
12-01-2006, 10:32
I doubt many games currently out there will have graphics anywhere near the quality of those in GoW.

RS:V graphics are dumbed down a little for MP and they're definitely nowhere near GoW in any part of the game except for the players/guns and some other items. I'd say they're better than any regular XBOX game but definitely not the best on the 360.

If you liked Black Arrow and its multiplayer, you'll LOVE Vegas.

Definitely download the demo. It's basically the full deal but you only get one map to play online (its a MP only demo). Of course, it's one of the better maps. :)

Hickeroar
12-14-2006, 09:33
There's a guy on my friends list who has a copy of RB6 for sale for $40 (and he'd likely take an offer as well). If anyone is looking to buy this game, his gamertag is xxBRANDISHxx. Considering the game is normally $60, this isn't a bad price drop.

kswiss2783
12-19-2006, 08:12
i'm playing it constantly. Sgt 1st class here. GT is diddy2783. Send an FR if you need a game.

Yea, the graphics are just alright, but don't forget about the gameplay!

40Cal
01-11-2007, 13:36
Awesome game! I thought I'd never find a game that I preferred over Halo 2 but I haven't played Halo since I got RS6V! I have yet to really get into Gears of War, it's a little too goofy for me.

Hickeroar
01-11-2007, 13:59
goofy?

gunz
01-16-2007, 04:36
I also have really gotten into Vegas. I have recently taken to only playing that game, over Gears. I am on a lot my GT is Gunz762. Send me an invite and I will almost always play. I am trying to finish the single player right now, it is so good that I had to play through it!

Hickeroar
01-16-2007, 07:34
If you want a coop partner, hit me up. I'll be glad to help you out...

Lior
02-03-2007, 13:10
I have recently purchased the PC version of this game. It is really great fun.

I don't know if it's cheating or not, but in single player, when I use a shield as a primary weapon, along with a Desert Eagle with an extended (9 round) magazine, I feel almost invincible.

Jasper007
02-21-2007, 18:13
I love all the Tom Clancy games, especially the Rainbow series. I am stuck at one point on Vegas, entering some club (with 3 doors, room dark)-and I keep getting killed:(

Jack

40Cal
02-22-2007, 08:10
Originally posted by Jasper007
I love all the Tom Clancy games, especially the Rainbow series. I am stuck at one point on Vegas, entering some club (with 3 doors, room dark)-and I keep getting killed:(

Jack

Sometimes when I hit spots like that, where I get killed because it's so hard to enter certain areas, I'll send my team in and then order them back out. That way it triggers the enemy to start their thing but we're safely out of the room.

Hickeroar
02-22-2007, 11:57
Originally posted by 40Cal
Sometimes when I hit spots like that, where I get killed because it's so hard to enter certain areas, I'll send my team in and then order them back out. That way it triggers the enemy to start their thing but we're safely out of the room.

LOL sending sheep to the slaughter...

40Cal
02-23-2007, 09:51
Originally posted by Hickeroar
LOL sending sheep to the slaughter...

Exactly! They can be healed! :thumbsup:

freakshow10mm
02-23-2007, 10:05
It's on my list at Gamefly. Right now I have TDU and CoD3.

Fatkinson
03-10-2007, 19:47
I play vegas all the time. best shooter out right now. hate the point cheat though.

kswiss2783
03-11-2007, 17:09
Originally posted by Fatkinson
I play vegas all the time. best shooter out right now. hate the point cheat though.

what's your GT?

freakshow10mm
03-11-2007, 18:13
Just got it in the mail a couple days ago. So far it is pretty fun. Frustrating at times. Can't switch weapons or reload as fast as other games. Other than that it's pretty cool.

Fatkinson
03-12-2007, 06:23
GT is Fatkinson same as in here. I play everday after work usually. Until the wife kicks me.

SMOKEin
04-08-2007, 01:21
glock talk clan???

Fatkinson
04-08-2007, 14:56
Yeah lrts do it... dont know how many people check this though

SMOKEin
04-08-2007, 17:33
were gonna run with the G18 right :supergrin:

post up.. lets get a match setup some night.. something to do after cleaning the guns :thumbsup:

Fatkinson
04-08-2007, 18:18
Whats your screen name?

Marauder.45
04-08-2007, 18:26
Graphically GOW is superior. But RS:V is a different animal.

I've been having fun with it.

I have a confession. I'm a....... I'm a.......virgin:frown: I have never played on LIVE. I'm all signed up and stuff, just have never entered a match. I guess I'm just a skeeredy cat.

I might be coaxed into joining some fellow GT'rs for a match. My tag is, Marauder.45.

SMOKEin
04-14-2007, 19:38
Originally posted by Fatkinson
Whats your screen name?

Smokein :)

freakshow10mm
04-18-2007, 08:48
I need help guys.

I'm at the dam. Not the top part. I have to go through a room, take out some guys in a little garage thing hit three more by a forklift and go left towards the gate opener thing. Then some guys come out by the overhead doors on the other garage when my team is messing with the gate opener.

I've tried everything. Frags, incindies, switching to infiltrate mode and when the door opens loft every grenade I have into the BGs and lay waste with every gun in the game. Either I die or the gates don't open on time. WTF?

Any tips? I can't get past this part. Been on it for a week. This game is pissing me off big time. Ready to snap the GD game in half.

Fatkinson
04-18-2007, 10:39
Took me a while as well.
Sounds like you can get to the gate opening sequence, so as soon as homeboy starts on the hack tell your other guy to go loud and set him up behind that dumpster. Get an assualt rifle ready and pick off the bad guys as they run toward you. Take out 3-6 of them then bust ass to a new defensive position bc I always got rocked by granades. After the first wave I think they send guys from behind. Does this help???

freakshow10mm
04-18-2007, 11:23
I'll have to try that out.

Usually I send the team to "activate dam gate" or whatever it is then haul ass back to where the BGs come out. There is a glitch where I can see the legs of one before the door opens. At that point I throw three frags and switch to my indincies and let loose with the SIG 552 as cover fire. When I exhaust the mag I switch to my other gun quick (usually the G3) and throw my three incindie grenades and keep firing. Usually shortly thereafter I get a MISSION FAILED message with "failed to open gate in time" or something.

So what is the "gate"? Is that where the bad guys come out? There is the dumpster right by the control box and then there is another by the door to the building up the way by the forklift and the overhead door is on the left of that where the BGs come out?

I guess if I knew what I had to do (what gate it opened and where to go) I could do it but I'm just confused as to what is needed to be done.:sad:

I might be getting rocked by the guys behind me. I didn't know they came from there. I usually leave both my teamies behind by the controls and when I switch to my other gun I go ASSAULT MODE.

Fatkinson
04-18-2007, 12:57
Only one teamy needs to open the gate. The other can be commanded to do whatever. Dont waste the frags. You can head shot the enemy from a concelaed spot like that first dumpster. Dont go past the first dumpster and be sure to move after your first headshots. Make sure when you engage the teamy to open gate you give him a second then engage other teamy to engage enemy.

freakshow10mm
04-19-2007, 09:08
Took a couple tries but I got there. Couple save points past it.

Basically I sent the teamies to the controls, and went to that gate. As soon as I heard that "thunk" when the BGs come out I hit the down arrow to call my team to regroup on my postion. The we laid down a barrage of hell. Both my teamies were down and I somehow managed to kill all the BGs. Healed my teamies and entered the building. "Saving progress..." I shouted with joy.

That room with all the boxes in pitch black was fun. Took a couple tries too but I got past it. Game just gets funner and funner. I bought it from Gamefly.com and they are sending my next one in line.

Lior
05-02-2007, 00:21
While one chap opens the backup relief valve, the other runs out of the cabin to cover on the left, in preparation for the BGs coming from the left. I park my arse just by him, facing the other way. Two BGs come up from behind (right of the cabin), and I take them down using a shield and Desert Eagle. I then turn around and storm the other fellows coming from the left, looking through the viewhole in the shield throughout. It is actually easy this way.

mace85
07-11-2007, 03:32
my GT is uspsa9mm I will go ahead and add you guys....always looking for people to play RB6 or GRAW/2 with.