f150 spring creaks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : f150 spring creaks

walkin man
12-07-2006, 19:05
My 03 ford xtnded cab 2wd truck is starting to creak in the front end. This is noticable when crossing speed bumps at low speed or turning slown on rough roads. I have it lubed and oil change every 3.5k miles with every 3 change at the dealership.

Does anyone here know of a way to stop this? I have had this problem with crown vic patrol cars before but the town will hardly even change the oil. Much less get a good lube job. But this is my truck and I hate the creaking sound. My previous trucks were f250 and f350 as well as dodge and gm products and they never made this sound.

Any ideas.

walkin man

Shaner
12-08-2006, 21:13
Have you missed any grease fittings? I'm not familar with the new trucks but I know on the older Fords a couple of them are hard to spot. Is it a Universal joint maybe?

walkin man
12-09-2006, 01:15
Can't say about missed grease fittings as I pay to have it lubed and the oil changed. It's possible that they aren't being greased. The sound is coming from the front wheel area when slow speed turns are made or going over speed bumps in a straight direction. It is not coming from an area where a universal joint is located, so it's not that.

Thanks for the reply Shaner.

walkin man

Maxthemutt
01-02-2007, 12:15
Have some one jounce the front end while you lay underneath far enough to feel the tie rods and ball joints. You should be able to feel the noisy one's.

IHR
01-25-2007, 12:10
Pay particular attention to the rubber busings on the a-arms and on the sway bars. Thats most likely the source of your creaking.