There are two times when a man doesn't
understand a woman:
Before marriage and after marriage.

jb911
12-09-2006, 10:18
+ 100 :thumbsup: :tongueout:

waltlb
12-10-2006, 21:29
Since I'm a FNG, maybe I'd better give a short self-intro before I post: I'm former USAF, semi-retired Feeb, and present campaigner against entropy here in north Texas. Glad to have found a kindred place on the 'net.

we can never overlook the fact there are differences between the two biological partners Ė not just the visible anatomical ones, either, as urgently important as those are to each of us. Well, speaking for us males, anyway.

No, that wacky old bat, Ma Nature, means for each sex to approach life circumstances differently. A research project at the University of California Ė Irvine and the University of New Mexico discovered there are ". . . two different types of brains designed for equally intelligent behavior.Ē The report goes on to say that while male brains have more gray matter and information-processing centers reside in the brainís gray matter, networking connections between these centers are in the white matter, more prevalent in female brains. In fact, women have four times as many connecting neurons between the white and gray centers than do men.

Which may explain why a male LEO:

1. Couldnít care less if a Glock makes his ass look bigger than a Sig does.

2. Only uses the rear-view mirror in the unit for looking backwards Ė and leaves it pointed it in the same direction.

3. Has a bad hair day only when he gets a sunburn on his bald spot at the range.

4. Would never, no matter how logical it seems, use a tampon to clean his pistol.

5. Has the same color hair on his creds month-to-month.

6. Isnít likely to spray a felon with trial-size Breck Hard-to-Hold, thinking itís Mace.

7. Would go fifty miles out of his way rather than ask directions with an arrested male subject in the car.

8. Can not conceive of using pantyhose as an emergency restraint device rather than a belt, even though itís been scientifically proven you can run faster with a skirt hiked up than with your pants around your ankles.

9. Is willing to declare a moratorium on arrests during Superbowl Sunday and on a fifth World Series game day.

10. Has no means of leaving an emergency message on bathroom mirrors.

11. Snagged nail situation results in profanity/blasphemy, but never tears.

12. Has the same shoe-top hemline for an entire career (excluding golf shorts).

I would imagine some members of the distaff side could suggest other, less male-centric differences. I ask for discretion, noting that other scientific studies suggest a manís ego becomes much more fragile with age, and therefore should be treated oh, so kindly by members of the tender, forgiving, nurturing sex Ė that is to say, dames.

Navy HMC
12-11-2006, 19:04
Hey, welcome to Glock Talk, FNG!!!!:supergrin: :animlol: :supergrin:

In all seriousness, welcome!

Dregan
12-11-2006, 19:18
LD, is that you?