Forgive me, for I am sinning... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me, for I am sinning...

Indy_Guy_77
12-09-2006, 17:44
I don't own a Glock!

But I AM a life-long Hoosier. (Crawfordsville is 'home', Evansville for college, and now south Indy) I have other pistols. And have HAD other guns.

Can I still play here? ;)

-J-

Former owner of CZ-40P
Beretta 9000s in 9mm

Current owner of Kahr CW-40
Kel-Tec P-11
Walther P99

bradp
12-09-2006, 18:41
As far as I am concerned you are welcome...:thumbsup:

kahrcarrier
12-09-2006, 20:41
Yes indeed! :thumbsup:

StockGlock23
12-09-2006, 20:41
Nope sorry. Blasphemer.

StockGlock23
12-09-2006, 20:43
Just kidding I don't have a Glock anymore. Although I will be getting another hopefully this coming year. I think many people here no longer or never owned a Glock. Welcome!

Warp
12-09-2006, 21:51
Quite a few members do not currently, or never have, owned a Glock.

greenlead
12-10-2006, 01:16
Originally posted by Warp
Quite a few members do not currently, or never have, owned a Glock.

I don't own any guns, yet. Not even a BB or pellet gun. :(

They haven't boot me yet. :wavey:

martinglock
12-10-2006, 01:45
Just this once.
Buy a Glock.
:supergrin:

RF7126
12-10-2006, 06:25
:welcome:
I'm not a Glock owner anymore either, but I still love this site. :banana:

sjstill
12-10-2006, 07:04
What is this Glock thing you speak of????

:animlol: :rofl: :banana:

KSFreeman
12-10-2006, 12:40
Guns? You guys own guns? I thought this was a Sarah Brady fan club website?:rofl:

Welcome, Indy Guy, as long as you like guns, you are welcome here.:)

Indy_Guy_77
12-10-2006, 14:20
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

-J-

Dyerbill
12-10-2006, 19:34
My son you have sinned.

Send me 3 boxes of White Winchester 40 cal.
........2 boxes of White Winchester 9 mm
...............and 2 bricks of Federal 22 lr.......all ironicly available at your Local Wal-Mart..............and you are forgiven.:rofl:

Indy_Guy_77
12-10-2006, 19:48
Originally posted by Dyerbill
My son you have sinned.

Send me 3 boxes of White Winchester 40 cal.
........2 boxes of White Winchester 9 mm

Bummer for you... If you'd have included what bullet weight you were interested in and JHP vs FMJ, I could've done it. ;)

Dyerbill
12-10-2006, 20:03
Originally posted by Indy_Guy_77
Bummer for you... If you'd have included what bullet weight you were interested in and JHP vs FMJ, I could've done it. ;) ..................... Welcome Aboard:banana:

rhino465
12-11-2006, 12:18
I don't own a Glock!

But I AM a life-long Hoosier. (Crawfordsville is 'home', Evansville for college, and now south Indy) I have other pistols. And have HAD other guns.

Crawfordsville? Clearly this is a man we need to watch carefully! He may be . . . one of them.

Hah! If you're between 35 and 50, we either know each other or know a lot of the same people.

I'm not a Glockster either, by the way. These guys are very welcoming to anyone with good intentions, and it's a very friendly place.

Welcome!

Indy_Guy_77
12-11-2006, 19:34
Sorry to disappoint, Rhino, but I'm a little younger. I won't break the 30-barrier until NEXT November. I graduated from South in '96

Perhaps one day I'll even get home and go shooting at the 'new' range near Shades? My dad and I stopped by there one afternoon just to poke around and see what they had to offer. Looks to me like a pretty nice place!

So, now that Johnny Ginikis has passed away, I imagine that Lafayette is the place to go for 'toys'? (Sportsmans, that place off of Old 231 on SR 25, and that place on Glick St. behind Rural King?)

KSFreeman
12-12-2006, 06:39
Toys? No, but you can buy weapons in Lafayette.:supergrin:

Lafayette Guns and Gear (behind Rural King)

Tippecanoe Sport Shop (used to be Walker Taxidermy) on SR 25

Sportman's Warehouse on Creasy

Ram-Z Exchange (lots of schlock, but sometimes good used guns) on Elmwood

Flat Creek Indoor Range

rhino465
12-12-2006, 13:31
Sorry to disappoint, Rhino, but I'm a little younger. I won't break the 30-barrier until NEXT November. I graduated from South in '96

I don't think "disappointed" is accurate ... I wasn't cruising for a date! :supergrin:

For shopping, the Sportsman's Warehouse looks like a great place. For buying, you still might want to go to Darrel's in Cayuga or Plainfield Shooting Supply in Plainfield.

Indy_Guy_77
12-12-2006, 16:11
Originally posted by KSFreeman

Flat Creek Indoor Range [/B]

I've heard there was an indoor range in Lafayette! I presume that it's easily searchable online?

Where is Ram-Z?

There's also that hunting supply place right at I-65 and SR 25 north. He has a few weapons. Seemed to be mostly an archery supply store, though, the only time I've visited.

And if you head on up the road to Delphi, there's a store off on the right at the intersection of the highways.

Always interested in finding new stops to add to my 'route'!

Warp
12-12-2006, 16:18
I've heard there was an indoor range in Lafayette! I presume that it's easily searchable online?

http://www.flatcreekrange.com/index.html

Too expensive for me. $10 for 30 minutes for non members. $3 surcharge if you bringe and use your own ammo. Would be nice if I could afford and justify a membership. It is a nice place, and you can fire rifles, but not shotguns.

IronHorseman
12-12-2006, 17:12
I don't own a Glock!

Can I still play here? ;)

-J-

Former owner of CZ-40P
Beretta 9000s in 9mm

Current owner of Kahr CW-40
Kel-Tec P-11
Walther P99

Welcome,I`m a Crawfordsville native myself.I work in Evansvuille and live in Fort Branch,I also lived in Hell(Indy) from 2000-2002.If you love guns you`re welcome here.

MikeL74
12-14-2006, 09:54
Does anybody on this board own a Glock? :supergrin:
(I don't either, but my dad does.)

R. Emmelman
12-14-2006, 10:06
Originally posted by MikeL74
Glock G22
Big
Black
and worn CCW and OC!

:broccoli:

KSFreeman
12-14-2006, 12:07
Own a Glock? Ummm, maybe one or two.:animlol: :rofl:

IronHorseman
12-14-2006, 17:55

I carry a G22 everyday.My wife carries a G19.

IronHorseman
12-14-2006, 18:04

Perhaps one day I'll even get home and go shooting at the 'new' range near Shades? My dad and I stopped by there one afternoon just to poke around and see what they had to offer. Looks to me like a pretty nice place!

So, now that Johnny Ginikis has passed away, I imagine that Lafayette is the place to go for 'toys'? (Sportsmans, that place off of Old 231 on SR 25, and that place on Glick St. behind Rural King?)

I graduted from South Sooooooo long ago that we took our shotguns to school and left them in the office for a trap shooting field trip.We even built muzzle loader kits and made knives in shop.

Dyerbill
12-14-2006, 20:00
Own a Glock?.....like a Model 23 40cal......4 extra mags on me always...............Blackhawk holster......er...no ......do you?:rofl:

rhino465
12-15-2006, 18:15
Originally posted by IronHorseman
I graduted from South Sooooooo long ago that we took our shotguns to school and left them in the office for a trap shooting field trip.We even built muzzle loader kits and made knives in shop.

Did Southmont have an organized, school-sponsored trap team like North Montgomery did back in the day?

Indy_Guy_77
12-18-2006, 20:57
There wasn't a school-sponsored trap club when I was there... But there was a pretty active club out of Ladoga, I remember.

One of the shop teachers (Shirk) was a sponsor of the youth team, I believe. I had a few friends who shot...I think they won some kind of national championship in the early 90's.

rhino465
12-19-2006, 09:35
There wasn't a school-sponsored trap club when I was there... But there was a pretty active club out of Ladoga, I remember.

One of the shop teachers (Shirk) was a sponsor of the youth team, I believe. I had a few friends who shot...I think they won some kind of national championship in the early 90's.

I meant in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

On a similar note, junior high and high school trap and skeet teams are growing like crazy over the last few years (especially among girls) and in some states, most of them are directly under the auspices of the local school. That's a good thing, as school based smallbore rifle teams are nearly extinct (I know of only two left in Indiana).

FThorn
05-14-2007, 06:49
Originally posted by KSFreeman
Toys? No, but you can buy weapons in Lafayette.:supergrin:

Lafayette Guns and Gear (behind Rural King)

Tippecanoe Sport Shop (used to be Walker Taxidermy) on SR 25

Sportman's Warehouse on Creasy

Flat Creek Indoor Range

So, I get up to Lafayette every other month. Where is the best place to look at guns for sale? Any open Sundays?

FThorn
05-14-2007, 06:57
Originally posted by Warp
http://www.flatcreekrange.com/index.html

Too expensive for me. $10 for 30 minutes for non members. $3 surcharge if you bringe and use your own ammo. Would be nice if I could afford and justify a membership. It is a nice place, and you can fire rifles, but not shotguns.

Did they drop their prices?

Non-Members:
Per Half-Hour: $9.00
Gun Rental (per session): $5.00
Machine guns also available to rent.

I don't see a "BYOA" surcharge.

http://www.flatcreekrange.com/membershipfee.html

cougar_guy04
05-14-2007, 13:14
I will by the end of summer . . . that count?

epsylum
05-14-2007, 15:32

3 and counting, but I do have many other non-glocks as well. I can think of better target and range guns, but few better carry guns.

Funny thing is I say that as I am currently carrying a 1911, but only because my new CTAC for my railed 30 has not shown up yet.

tlish
05-14-2007, 18:16

two for me and two for my hubby!

Ignition
05-15-2007, 06:56
my g30 sits at home awaiting my return

KSFreeman
05-15-2007, 08:39
Hurry back, sir.:banana:

FThorn
05-15-2007, 11:03
Originally posted by Ignition
my g30 sits at home awaiting my return

Can I borrow it? :)

Ignition
05-15-2007, 14:02
Originally posted by FThorn
Can I borrow it? :)

you find the safe i have it in, and get into the safe.... yes you can borrow the gun.

now dealing with breaking and entering, armed robbery... lol

those i cant defend you from.

:thumbsup:

ahahahhahaha