Time Limit on log ins, can't post [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Time Limit on log ins, can't post

geoffinak
12-10-2006, 06:53
I will sign in then read a post and respond . I Select to see the message before posting it first, that works. When I select to post it a pop up says I am not logged in.

I can sometimes work around this by returning to the GT home page, log in again, then using the back button to get to my message, post it. This sometimes will work, sometimes will not work.

The only way to make it work for sure is to copy my message. Go to the GT home page, re-log in, find the original thread, paste the post.

This can be a real pain to find the right category that it is under, then paste the post in. Is there a time limit on log ins. Because right up till I click on post I am shown as logged in.
Cookies are on and I have seen this problem for a long time but I used to be able to just re log in and hit the back button and go to my post and I could post it. Now this is not happening.
Sorry for the problems Mac 10.4.8 cookies on
Geoffrey

Dandapani
12-10-2006, 07:22
Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser.

Blitzer
12-10-2006, 07:26
Originally posted by dmobrien2001
Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser.

Yup you need to keep from tossing your cookies to stay logged in on GT! :supergrin:

Check you Firewall software too, if you have one.

Do not block or expire the cookies.

Allow ads and mobile code as well. :thumbsup: :supergrin: ;)

geoffinak
12-11-2006, 08:53
Yup cookies do not expire, unless I delete them, the firewall is on the mac and never is problem. Maybe I will just write the post on a WP and then log on and paste immediately and preview then post. The funny thing is it lets me preview and make a change or two and then preview again to change the mistakes. But when I want to post, that's when it's back to the home page o log in. Even though on the page I m working on, it says, your logged in.

Well this sight gets a lot of activity so I am sure it's a battle just to keep it going. No problems just will work around it. The hard part is getting back to the page you were on. I used to hit the back button and that would work, not any more.

Thanks for the ideas, have those covered.
Al the best Geoffrey