Special Day in Deer Woods [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Special Day in Deer Woods

GeorgiaGlockMan
12-11-2006, 22:11
Not the biggest or smallest buck I've taken, but probably one of the most memorable hunts I've every been on.

The good looking guy is my 7 yr old son Nick.

I finally got him to go hunting with me and think I may have just hooked him for good.

:supergrin:

CanyonMan
12-12-2006, 08:09
Anytime you get your kids to go with you it is a blessing!
This is one hunt you will 'never' forget, simply because your son was there, and thinks dad is a genuine Davy Crockett.

Congrats on the deer, and enjoy that boy, and teach him well, which it appears 'you are doing very well at'. ;)

CanyonMan

vafish
12-12-2006, 13:34
But now he thinks it's easy and every time you go out you should shoot at least 2 deer. :)

WFR
12-17-2006, 19:05
That's awesome!
As someone who worked with youthful offenders for 8 years I will say that parental involvement is paramount to keeping kids out of trouble.
Great picture (get an 8X10 made and hang one in his room and one in your office!)
That's a day hunting to be proud of!

357glocker
12-17-2006, 21:33
Great job taking the kid out. Good looking deer too! What did you take them with?

GeorgiaGlockMan
12-17-2006, 21:43
Originally posted by 357glocker
Great job taking the kid out. Good looking deer too! What did you take them with?

Thanks to everyone that commented. I can't wait until he is able to shoot for himself.

I shot the 2 deer with an AR-10 loaded with remmington core-lokts. Not my normal deer gun because my BAR 30-06 was being loaned out to a friend hunting up the creek a little ways.

Both ran about 100 yds or so before piling up out of sight in the briars.

What is amazing is that the doe was center heart punched and she still managed to run so far. I had actually though I missed both of these deer (and a 6 pnter that I DID miss that came in trailing the doe) until the sun came up a little more and I could see the blood trail from the stand.