Thepope [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thepope

Razoreye
12-15-2006, 15:50
Do any cold water fishing lately? I don't know about you but it has been hovering around 60 all week here. Probably would be a good time to try some actual meat on the jig n pig? :supergrin: :hugs: :wavey:

THEPOPE
12-17-2006, 21:13
Lol, could have gone yesterday, it was 60...or even today, drizzle, 60's....but I put my boat away for the year, we don't get mid Dec. days this warm....EVER !

Did you go?

The venerable Jig-n-pig woulda been my choice for sure....

Instaed, I spent the day at the range, playing with my X-Mas present to , meeeeeeeeeeeeeee......a Mark 3 .22 / 45 Hunter pistol, fluted barrel, adjustable sights, used but very little used...

Tons-o-fun. My next league shoot gun.

Take care, and don't let yer pig get jigged.

Iye am outte

;)

Razoreye
12-17-2006, 21:15
Was about to send you a PM to see if you saw this thread. :wavey:

Nah, so far I haven't got to enjoy this weather much, I've had a killer cold for the past week. I played basketball in the cold, caught a cold, and the irony kicks in with 60+ degree weather when I could have played basketball and not gotten sick. :tongueout:

Ah well, I might be able to do something this week if weather holds up.

THEPOPE
12-18-2006, 21:14
LOL, good to hear from ya, I usually check this section out regularly, but as late, been reticent....

Hope you feel better, I did see in a diff post, that you weren't feeling too well.

Colds suck, and cold weather sucks even more.

In all my time on earth, living here, ( 52 years ) I can count TWICE when I could have fished this late in the month of Dec., and this was one of 'em.....one year , a couple back, I went into Dec 16.

I'm gonna be kickin' myself in the ass for NOT going, come January.

" I'm already dreaming of spring-time, man ..."

Razoreye, blow the snot out and keep on truckin'....

lol, I'm out ( BTW, Merry Christmas, dude...)

;)

Razoreye
12-20-2006, 14:50
Residual cough but I'm finally feeling better. Thanks.

If this is global warming, then I'm LOVING it. :rofl:

Merry Christmas. :wavey:

mossy500camo
01-08-2007, 12:13
Originally posted by Razoreye
Do any cold water fishing lately? I don't know about you but it has been hovering around 60 all week here. Probably would be a good time to try some actual meat on the jig n pig? :supergrin: :hugs: :wavey:

We (me & a nephew) Have been doing some cold water catfishing. Well catfishing in Dec & Jan. tmps have been mainly in the 40s-70s. Unusual for Dec & Jan temps.

mossy500camo
01-08-2007, 12:15
pic wont download. Was going to post a 35# bluecat catfish that my nephew caught Dec 2 2006.

Razoreye
01-08-2007, 15:31
Nice! The weather has reverted back to cold again but I was tempted to go.

THEPOPE
01-09-2007, 20:23
Yessir, nice cattin', man....that's a biggun.

Blues get large, no shtt.

We had our first smattering of snow, very light snow, no accumilation.

30 degrees feels damn cold now....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

However, any day it gets to 40, is a day closer to springtime...lol...we will get near 50 again this week, then, I'm afraid the party's over for a bit.

Take care, y'all.

aye mout and dreaming of "jig-npig" weather. ;)