DirtyGirl Lives! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DirtyGirl Lives!

Atlantya
12-16-2006, 16:26
So, DirtyGirl, my Glock 34, was having a pretty big problem with jamming a few weeks ago. I was pretty horrified and upset, because, well, you know, it's my DirtyGirl, my gun, she needs to work when I want her to, when I expect her to, when I demand that she do so, flawlessly and without question or complaint. User error is bad enough. Equipment failure, while I understand intellectually that it happens, needs to be at an absolute minimum.

However, she seems to be back! I've now shot about 400 rounds through her with nary a single jam to be had anywhere. :hearts:

I'm still not sure what the problem was. I shot a match in which I got my magazines really (really) full of mud. Though I wiped them down after each stage as best I could , the gun performed flawlessly during the match (though User Error was a problem :upeyes: ). It was a week later that it became apparent that there was a problem, when I was practicing at a range and then again at another match. So, I gave her over to a Glock Guru and who swept her away :motorcycle: while I nervously awaited her return :tequila: . And now she's back and lo and behold, Glock goodness reigns over my world once again.

I'm not sure what he did to it. He talked, and I heard "Wah wah wah blah wah, rails wah trigger bar, WAY too much oil." Whatever. I'm a chick. We like lotsa lubrication. :animlol:

I think I'll take the Glock Armorers course in January.

Mrs. VR
12-16-2006, 19:15
:rofl: I'm glad she's back up to par!

Lynn D
12-17-2006, 16:35
I learned that Glocks are entirely opposite of Kahrs. Kahrs like to be nice and slick and wet. Glocks....just a drop here and there. Only where the manual tells you.

Glad she's back and in good shape. Happy shooting!!!!

April
12-17-2006, 21:30
I've not cleaned, lubed, broken down or otherwise done anything other than SHOOT my guns in the last... ohh... 6 or 7 months. :shocked:

Lynn D
12-17-2006, 21:34
Originally posted by FF Wife
I've not cleaned, lubed, broken down or otherwise done anything other than SHOOT my guns in the last... ohh... 6 or 7 months. :shocked:

I don't have a problem with that.....do you? I mean, you actually shoot 'em? :supergrin:

April
12-17-2006, 21:39
Originally posted by Lynn D
I don't have a problem with that.....do you? I mean, you actually shoot 'em? :supergrin:

As often as I can.. every few weeks or so. Certainly not as often as I'd like though.

Lynn D
12-18-2006, 03:43
Originally posted by FF Wife
As often as I can.. every few weeks or so. Certainly not as often as I'd like though.
I know what you mean. I would have loved to do some target shooting on the outdoor range since the temp has been in 50s. But, it's a tough thing to do with school work and holiday stuff....

I get out usually every Tuesday with a group though...."identify and engage threats"! :)

Atlantya
12-18-2006, 09:23
I've not cleaned, lubed, broken down or otherwise done anything other than SHOOT my guns in the last... ohh... 6 or 7 months.

Yeah, I know what you mean too. I can do the most intricate needlework and crosstitch and be fascinated by it for hours, but cleaning a gun? Meh. Not so much. I just spent a couple hours this weekend at a friend's house with him showing me how to clean an AR, my shotgun and a several of my pistols, and while it was mildly interesting, I was actually much more interested in what his wife was doing in her sewing area.

<shrug> I figure it's just genetic. I love shooting guns and can listen to the guys talk about them for hours, but actually messing around with all those little parts holds little fascination yet. I only like to check the pieces out when they've actually broken. Then it's pretty interesting. For a minute.