submitted my OTS packet today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : submitted my OTS packet today

pilot996
12-19-2006, 15:43
this was damn near a year in the making. the only send packets to the board a few times a year as im sure you know, and then clerical errors and a change of recruiters made me miss 2 consecutive boards, but im ready for the december board. just signed the paper work and it is to be shipped out this evening. i should find out in febuary.

one of the other applicants from this region actually lives near me and graduated from my school the same time i did. i didnt recognize or remember him, but that was still neat i guess.

anywho, just thought id share.

Sam White
12-20-2006, 14:44
Congratulations and good luck to you!

When I came over the Air Force I thought I'd already decided to stay enlisted. Now that I'm here, I think I might put in my packet, too. I've only got about 2 years left; I better hurry, lol.

Let us know what happens.:)

Kalmah
12-23-2006, 14:10
My recruiter was terrible and I too had a lot of admin problems with my package. It was a real PITA, but it was worth it.

Best of luck to you.

PeterJasonMN
12-28-2006, 17:00
Let us know how that goes. I'm closing in on my 4 year and I'm considering USAF or USN time once I'm done.

Sam White
12-28-2006, 17:06
:usaf: :thumbsup:

PeterJasonMN
12-28-2006, 21:10
Well the Navy's in it because it's a [ Hank Jr ] Fami-lyyyyyy tradition![ /hank]

USAF though offers the officer positions in Security Forces. When you go the Navy's site, law enforcement is listed as an enlisted job but not an officer job.

Though w/my future accounting degree I'm pretty sure I know where I'd end up regardless.

DMF
12-29-2006, 16:15
USAF though offers the officer positions in Security Forces. When you go the Navy's site, law enforcement is listed as an enlisted job but not an officer job.You should know that officers in Security Forces do very little law enforcement, and are first and foremost managers. Not saying it's not a good job, but you won't be out there writing tickets and breaking up fights at the E-club.

PeterJasonMN
01-01-2007, 18:20
Originally posted by DMF
You should know that officers in Security Forces do very little law enforcement, and are first and foremost managers. Not saying it's not a good job, but you won't be out there writing tickets and breaking up fights at the E-club.

Yeah I know. But it's something.

The only reason I'm looking at the USN is they have it where it's not an ROTC program, but they still get you on scholarship for school. I didn't see anything like that on the USAF website.

pilot996
01-04-2007, 19:00
The only reason I'm looking at the USN is they have it where it's not an ROTC program, but they still get you on scholarship for school. I didn't see anything like that on the USAF website

yeah, the AF doesnt offer anything unless its through rotc or commitment. the navy though was giving away pilot slots and scholorships to people at my school. i probably should have jumped on that, but what can ya do. the navy was implementing a rotc program at my school my last year there, i dont know if it ever took off though.

Glock13
01-29-2007, 20:42
I just graduated from OTS last May. Let me know if you have any questions.