New Indoor Range [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Indoor Range

pasqual
12-22-2006, 03:19
I need to find a new indoor range in the Akron area. Earlier this week, Riverside Range in Cuyahoga Falls had a fire which heavily damaged the building. It will be at least two months before they re-open, or longer. I am near Kent, so guys if you know of any other ranges I would appreciate their locations. Since I shoot at least once a week, I need my fix. :sad:

desmo
12-22-2006, 14:22
you might want to try the deer hunter. it is right off 77 between akron and canton. i beleive it is in barberton.

shooterwolf
12-22-2006, 19:30
Call before you go. I saw on another forum the deer hunter got closed down.

HKSmith
12-22-2006, 20:20
This is closer to Cleveland than Akron, but Stonewall Range is just off I-77. Get off 77 onto Ohio 82, go West about 1/4 mile and make a right on Kenmar. They've got 12 lanes and are open 7 days a week.

pasqual
12-26-2006, 10:10
Has anyone shot at the Stonewall Range, it is only about 10 miles from where I work.

itstime
12-26-2006, 10:50
I've never had a problem there. Heard a couple of stories of persons that did. Mostly with attitude of the people working there.

You'll get that anywhere I guess.

Not bad though. Been wanting to get a membership there for awhile now. Def. the closest place for me to shoot.

Captain Rehab
12-26-2006, 22:23
Ive been going there for years...and YES theres an errogant opinion or ignorant attitude that seems to fly low there on occasion...easy enough to overlook.
Ive got no complaints...it would be worth your trip.

soko 1
12-28-2006, 10:01
i too had a membership until i moved to shalersville - always had a
good time at stonewall - miss going there - no problems
i think it's time to check it out again!:banana:

pasqual
12-28-2006, 18:41
Went to Stonewall today after work, pretty nice range. The place was really crowded, all lanes had someone in it. Afer shooting talked to one of the employees who said it was crowded because of the holidays. I will go back, thanks guys. :)

ColGlock
01-05-2007, 12:15
The Stonewall management actively opposed and tried to Sabotage HB12, (the original CCW bill that past.) Additionally there Lawry/instructor gave blatantly false and anti-gun information to students.

HKSmith
01-05-2007, 16:19
I've been shooting at Stonewall for 6-7 years and did my Ohio CHL training there. I don't know where you got the information that they are "anti-CCW" or that they tried to "sabotage HB-12" (not sure how you'd do that even if you wanted to). I've never heard anyone there express an anti-gun sentiment - it is a gun shop and shooting range and they make their living off of guys like us.

As to the lawyer, he gave a lecture on legal aspects of CCW in Ohio. He was open-carrying a .45 Auto at the time. Although I didn't agree with everything he said, it certainly wasn't "anti". He was very critical of some parts of HB-12 that have bothered all of us, particularly the automobile open carry provision that just got repealed. He even offered free legal defense if anyone in the class got arrested for violating that provision.

If you have any evidence to the contrary (other than hearsay), I'd be interested to hear it.

ColGlock
01-05-2007, 16:53
Originally posted by HKSmith
I've been shooting at Stonewall for 6-7 years and did my Ohio CHL training there. I don't know where you got the information that they are "anti-CCW" or that they tried to "sabotage HB-12" (not sure how you'd do that even if you wanted to). I've never heard anyone there express an anti-gun sentiment - it is a gun shop and shooting range and they make their living off of guys like us.

As to the lawyer, he gave a lecture on legal aspects of CCW in Ohio. He was open-carrying a .45 Auto at the time. Although I didn't agree with everything he said, it certainly wasn't "anti". He was very critical of some parts of HB-12 that have bothered all of us, particularly the automobile open carry provision that just got repealed. He even offered free legal defense if anyone in the class got arrested for violating that provision.

If you have any evidence to the contrary (other than hearsay), I'd be interested to hear it.

Why don't you search on Stonewall in this forum?

ETA: Oh Never mind I forgot Eric lost all the old archives.

Lets see from personal experience, Back when we were doing the open carry walks, the old man swore up and down that open carry was illegal and would not believe the supreme court ruling.

and for the attorney:
http://www.ohioccw.org/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=2379

Catalina
01-11-2007, 17:56
Watch your three, six & nine at Stonewall. I've witnessed some very, very dangerous gun handling by people who lack any sort of brain power.

It's OK if it isn't busy.

The people that work there give gun stores their stereotypical image.

Hask12
09-02-2007, 17:36
If I recall correctly OFCC was very upset with this operation for comments they made regarding concealed carry and training. Contact OFCC if you need further information. But it's because of those comments that I have decided to not do any business with this outlet.

Hask12
09-20-2007, 13:14
My understanding is that the deer Hunter, the gun store, was closed down but that the range which was part of the store remains open. Can someone verify that for me?