What Happened!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What Happened!!!


gr81disp
12-22-2006, 03:57
I take a couple of months off and come back to find that NOBODY has a single UFC thread up. Well, for those of you who wish to know:

1. The biggest UFC event of the year is 12/30/06

"The Huntington Beach Bad Boy"
Tito Ortiz

rematches

"The Iceman"
Chuck Liddell

For the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.

2. UFC just bought out the WFA and with that bought the contracts to
Olympic silver medalist Matt Lindland
Ryota Machida
"The Texas Crazy Horse" Heath Herring (The guy who punched out his oppoonent for kissing him)
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (the last unavenged loss on Chuck Liddell's record)

3. Expect the announcement at UFC 66 of a HUGE acquisition for their HW division.

There we go, that's now in order.

BlackBelt
12-24-2006, 17:00
I'm looking forward to the fights.
I think that Lidell will best Ortiz, but, hey, you never know. Chucks one tough guy, and so is Tito...

Mr. Tettnanger
12-30-2006, 17:35
I think Liddell will pull it off, IF Tito doesn't get him to the ground. Both are very decent fighters. Should be a good match. Hope someone posts the winner.


Mr. Tettnanger

Bowtie
12-31-2006, 11:02
Man that was a B.S Call lastnight.Mario yamasaki needs to find a new line of work.Was a good fight but no reason to stop it because Chucks punches where hitting Tito in the arm. B.S! Anyone else see the fight?

gr81disp
12-31-2006, 23:29
You're right, it should have been called in the first when Liddell was pounding his skull in. The point wasn't that it was hitting Tito's arm, it was the fact that he was not intelligently defending himself. Curling up into the fetal position, no matter how little damage you take, is not intelligently defending yourself.

I thought the big surprise was Griffin/Jardine. Griffin was picking him apart on the feet then WHAM a solid uppercut followed by a hook ended Griffin's night.

gr81disp
12-31-2006, 23:49
Besides the most exciting announcements was their acquisition of Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6695732838347789313&q=cro+cop&hl=en) and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=724734267674856100&q=rampage+arona+slam&hl=en). The sound is messed up in the Rampage clip, but I don't think it really needs sound to get its point across. You may want to turn it down as it is really annoying though.

Bowtie
01-01-2007, 10:50
I disagree.It was a title fight with alot on the line.Tito wasnt hurt.Everyone cried when they stopped the Tito vs Ken fight for the stoppage when Ken wasnt even covering up taking elbow after elbow to the face.Dont get me wrong.I like chuck and give him alot of credit but the call was BS. I agree with Cro Cop and Rampage coming in is going to make things very interesting..

Originally posted by gr81disp


You're right, it should have been called in the first when Liddell was pounding his skull in. The point wasn't that it was hitting Tito's arm, it was the fact that he was not intelligently defending himself. Curling up into the fetal position, no matter how little damage you take, is not intelligently defending yourself.

I thought the big surprise was Griffin/Jardine. Griffin was picking him apart on the feet then WHAM a solid uppercut followed by a hook ended Griffin's night.

Skpotamus
01-05-2007, 03:09
Tito got flattened, then was getting pounded and all he could do was put his hands over his face and pretend it wasn't happening. He wasn't trying to improve his position, wasn't trying to escape, or tie up Chuck's arms. The rest of the round would have been Liddell pounding Ortiz until his brains came out of his ears. It could've gone longer, but why? Nothing would have changed. Tito was still on queer street and just hiding behind his hands.

Crocop will have the UFC strap within a year. Probably within his first three fights. The only way I see him losing his belt is through his retirement, or if they buy out Fedor or Nogueira's contracts.

Rampage vs Liddell I wanna see. I'm curious if Rampage will be able to stop Chuck again.

Now,t he matchups I really wanna see involve Vanderlei coming to the UFC. I'd like to see a fight with him and Liddell as well as a rematch with Ortiz.

Halojumper
01-05-2007, 13:42
I was really happy to see monkey boy (Chris Leben) get put to sleep.

Bowtie
01-08-2007, 18:58
Originally posted by Skpotamus
Tito got flattened, then was getting pounded and all he could do was put his hands over his face and pretend it wasn't happening. He wasn't trying to improve his position, wasn't trying to escape, or tie up Chuck's arms. The rest of the round would have been Liddell pounding Ortiz until his brains came out of his ears. It could've gone longer, but why? Nothing would have changed. Tito was still on queer street and just hiding behind his hands.


Dont ya just love when people over do it..Out of all Chucks fights He sure didnt win this one by Knock out.He's never knocked Tito out and never will.He sure as hell Didnt flatten him.He did put his hands over his face and cover up but i'm sure you would have left you face open and took it like a man Huh? Chuck was landing some bombs...To his arms.Tito had no signs of being hurt when it was called.Earlier in the fight he did have Tito wobbled but not when it was called.

Halojumper
01-08-2007, 19:42
Originally posted by Bowtie
Dont ya just love when people over do it..Out of all Chucks fights He sure didnt win this one by Knock out.He's never knocked Tito out and never will.

Look at his stats. I bet they'll show that he knocked him out.

Bowtie
01-08-2007, 20:19
A TKO is not KNOCKED out..

Halojumper
01-08-2007, 20:39
Originally posted by Bowtie
A TKO is not KNOCKED out..

Perhaps not medically, but according to fight rules it is. Like I said, look at the stats and I bet they will show that he won the fight by a knock out.

FortyCaliber
01-08-2007, 21:20
Originally posted by Halojumper
I was really happy to see monkey boy (Chris Leben) get put to sleep.

I am sorry I missed that! :sad:

Skpotamus
01-09-2007, 13:41
Originally posted by Bowtie
Dont ya just love when people over do it..Out of all Chucks fights He sure didnt win this one by Knock out.He's never knocked Tito out and never will.He sure as hell Didnt flatten him.He did put his hands over his face and cover up but i'm sure you would have left you face open and took it like a man Huh? Chuck was landing some bombs...To his arms.Tito had no signs of being hurt when it was called.Earlier in the fight he did have Tito wobbled but not when it was called.

Overdoing it? I never said he knocked him out. I said he knocked tito down and then was pounding on a Tito who was hiding behind his hands waiting for a stoppage. That counts as a TKO. If the fight had continued Tito would have stayed in the smae position and taken a lot more punishment while doing nothing to improve his position or intelligently defending himself.

Watch their first fight again, Chuck unloaded on Tito and knocked him down, then was stopped by BJM. Tito stayed down for a minute or so, then got up. Should the ref have let that one go so Tito gets completely beaten into a coma? Would that satisfy your definition of KO?

BTW, in boxing as well as MMA, a TKO counts as a knock out. TKO stands for Technical Knock Out. It means that the fight was stopped before one of the fighters was severely hurt, but after they were put into a position where they could not defend themselves and a severe injury is likely.

Your definiton of KO is not the same as in boxing or kickboxing either btw, from ( http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/KOTKOSuspensions.htm ):

" KNOCKOUT:
When one fighter knocks his or her opponent to the ring floor and the opponent is OUT COLD by the count of 10
"OR" the downed fighter is counted out (Referee counts to "10") by the referee without standing to his/her feet."

"TECHNICAL KNOCKOUT
A TKO or TECHNICAL KNOCKOUT is when a fighter is stopped from fighting by the bout referee or the bout medical doctor without being counted out to "*10". A fighter can be stopped from fighting for many reasons. Some of them include he has taking too many blows, too tired to continue, knocked down 3 times in one round, but can still stand or is not "Counted" Out. This is a fighter who is obviously hurt or unable to continue and the referee, for the safety of the fighter determines the fighter either could not or should not continue any longer.
(*) The exception to this may be a fighter that was knocked out cold and the referee choose not to count since the fighter was out cold and instead, summend the medical personal to the ring."

I have fought in MMA matches before, have you? When I was in a similar position, I was fighting to get out of it. My situation was off a takedown though, and not the result of getting punched there. I was still awake and defending myself from the punches coming at me. Tito wasn't, he was ready for the fight to be over.

Sorry for your fan club, but Tito lost, deal with it without name calling.

Bowtie
01-09-2007, 19:20
First off I know the diff. between TKO and Knocked out.I never said it wasnt a TKO I said He didnt get knocked out.I also said Chuck has never been able to knock Tito out.I also gave Chuck alot of credit for a great fight.I never gave a definition of knock out either so no need to cut and paste.In my line of work I've been in more fights than I care to talk about but this isnt about internet MMA commando BS.It is about the fact that I dont think it should have been called do to it being a Title fight.I've seen alot of non title fights go alot further with alot more damage without being called over a few unanswered blows.As far as the Tito fan club comment,No fan club here just a spectater that didnt get his money worth on a pumped up fight that ended like that. Not sure what you meant by the name calling comment.I didnt see any..

Halojumper
01-09-2007, 19:42
Originally posted by Bowtie
First off I know the diff. between TKO and Knocked out.I never said it wasnt a TKO I said He didnt get knocked out.I also said Chuck has never been able to knock Tito out.I also gave Chuck alot of credit for a great fight.I never gave a definition of knock out either so no need to cut and paste.

Whether you like to admit it or not, TITO WAS KNOCKED OUT. You can play around all you like with definitions, but the record will show TITO WAS KNOCKED OUT. Look at what a TKO is - technical KNOCK OUT. It doesn't say technical tap out or technical decision. It says technical KNOCK OUT. TITO WAS KNOCKED OUT. What part of that are you incapable of understanding? Look at the list of ways to win, from the UFC site. There is only one kind of knock out listed. Guess which it is.

Ways To Win:
1. Submission by:
Physical tap out.
Verbal tap out.
2. Technical knockout by the referee stopping the contest.
3. Decision via the scorecards, including:
Unanimous decision.
Split decision.
Majority decision.
Draw, including:
Unanimous draw.
Majority draw.
Split draw.
4. Technical decision.
5. Technical draw.
6. Disqualification.
7. Forfeit.
8. No contest

Originally posted by Bowtie
Chuck has never been able to knock Tito out..

He did a pretty good job of it a couple of Saturdays ago.

Originally posted by Bowtie
No fan club here just a spectater that didnt get his money worth on a pumped up fight that ended like that.

Dude, if you didn't get your money's worth out of that UFC and that fight specifically you better pick up some other spectator sport. That was one of the best ones yet

Bowtie
01-09-2007, 20:06
Dude are you F(*&^ Brain dead? I know what a TKO is! I did not say he didnt win by TKO! I SAID HE DID NOT GET KNOCKED OUT AS IN LIGHTS OUT ! WHAT PART OF THAT IS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND? If you dont know the defferance between a TKO And getting knocked out then maybe you should stick with the WWE..

Halojumper
01-09-2007, 20:30
Originally posted by Bowtie
Dude are you F(*&^ Brain dead? I know what a TKO is! I did not say he didnt win by TKO! I SAID HE DID NOT GET KNOCKED OUT AS IN LIGHTS OUT ! WHAT PART OF THAT IS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND? If you dont know the defferance between a TKO And getting knocked out then maybe you should stick with the WWE..

Maybe one of us has been KNOCKED OUT one too many times. You are correct, unlike you, Tito's lights were never out (pretty dim perhaps). No one ever said they were. By UFC rules and definition (if you want to have your own, maybe you should start your own - MFC might be good name - Moron Fight Club), Tito was knocked out. If you want to cling to your own personal definition then do that if it makes you feel better. Maybe you could post a list of all your own definitions so that we might be able to carry on an intelligent conversation with you. Never mind, I think we would be missing a participant in that exchange.

Halojumper
01-09-2007, 20:36
Originally posted by Bowtie
If you dont know the defferance between a TKO And getting knocked out then maybe you should stick with the WWE..

I'm not familiar with WWE. Is that another one of your little definitions? Perhaps you could explain it to us.

Bowtie
01-09-2007, 20:40
Dude your an Idiot...I'm done here..

Halojumper
01-09-2007, 20:46
Originally posted by Bowtie
Dude your an Idiot...I'm done here..

You might be more believable if you say "You're an idiot".

Bowtie
01-09-2007, 20:48
Here why dont you read this and then tell me there is no differance between a win by TKO and a Knock out
Tito Ortiz Fight History:
Tito Ortiz UFC Fight History:
Result Opponent Method Event Date Round Time
Loss Chuck Liddell Technical Knock Out UFC® 66: LIDDELL VS. ORTIZ 12/30/2006 3 3:59
Win Ken Shamrock Knock Out Ortiz vs. Shamrock 3 - The Final Chapter 10/10/2006 1 2:23
Win Ken Shamrock Technical Knock Out UFC 61: Bitter Rivals 07/08/2006 1 1:18
Win Forrest Griffin Split Decision UFC 59: Reality Check 04/15/2006 3 15:00
Win Vitor Belfort Split Decision UFC 51: Super Saturday 02/05/2005 3 5:00
Win Patrick Cote Unanimous Decision UFC 50: The War of 04 10/22/2004 3 5:00
Loss Chuck Liddell Technical Knock Out UFC 47: IT`S ON 04/02/2004 2 0:38
Loss Randy Couture Unanimous Decision UFC 44: Undisputed 09/26/2003 5 5:00
Win Ken Shamrock Technical Knock Out UFC 40: Vendetta 11/22/2002 3 5:00
Win Vladimir Matyushenko Unanimous Decision UFC 33: Victory In Vegas 09/28/2001 5 5:00
Win Elvis Sinosic Stoppage (Referee) UFC 32: Showdown In The Meadowlands 06/29/2001 1 3:32
Win Evan Tanner Knock Out UFC 30: The Battle On The Boardwalk 02/23/2001 1 0:30
Win Yuki Kondo Submission UFC 29: Defense Of The Belts 12/16/2000 1 1:51
Win Wanderlei Silva Unanimous Decision UFC 25: Ultimate Japan 3 04/14/2000 1 0:00
Loss Frank Shamrock Submission UFC 22: There Can Be Only One Champion 09/24/1999 1 4:48
Win Guy Mezger Technical Knock Out UFC 19: Young Guns 03/05/1999 1 9:55
Win Jerry Bohlander Technical Knock Out UFC 18: Road To The Heavyweight Title 01/08/1999 1 15:31
Loss Guy Mezger Submission UFC 13: The Ultimate Force 05/30/1997 1 3:09
Win Wes Albritton Technical Knock Out UFC 13: The Ultimate Force 05/30/1997 1 0:31

Bowtie
01-09-2007, 20:49
Oh **** he's a grammer cop too..

Halojumper
01-09-2007, 20:51
Originally posted by Bowtie
Here why dont you read this and then tell me there is no differance between a win by TKO and a Knock out
Tito Ortiz Fight History:
Tito Ortiz UFC Fight History:
Result Opponent Method Event Date Round Time
Loss Chuck Liddell Technical Knock Out UFC® 66: LIDDELL VS. ORTIZ 12/30/2006 3 3:59
Win Ken Shamrock Knock Out Ortiz vs. Shamrock 3 - The Final Chapter 10/10/2006 1 2:23
Win Ken Shamrock Technical Knock Out UFC 61: Bitter Rivals 07/08/2006 1 1:18
Win Forrest Griffin Split Decision UFC 59: Reality Check 04/15/2006 3 15:00
Win Vitor Belfort Split Decision UFC 51: Super Saturday 02/05/2005 3 5:00
Win Patrick Cote Unanimous Decision UFC 50: The War of 04 10/22/2004 3 5:00
Loss Chuck Liddell Technical Knock Out UFC 47: IT`S ON 04/02/2004 2 0:38
Loss Randy Couture Unanimous Decision UFC 44: Undisputed 09/26/2003 5 5:00
Win Ken Shamrock Technical Knock Out UFC 40: Vendetta 11/22/2002 3 5:00
Win Vladimir Matyushenko Unanimous Decision UFC 33: Victory In Vegas 09/28/2001 5 5:00
Win Elvis Sinosic Stoppage (Referee) UFC 32: Showdown In The Meadowlands 06/29/2001 1 3:32
Win Evan Tanner Knock Out UFC 30: The Battle On The Boardwalk 02/23/2001 1 0:30
Win Yuki Kondo Submission UFC 29: Defense Of The Belts 12/16/2000 1 1:51
Win Wanderlei Silva Unanimous Decision UFC 25: Ultimate Japan 3 04/14/2000 1 0:00
Loss Frank Shamrock Submission UFC 22: There Can Be Only One Champion 09/24/1999 1 4:48
Win Guy Mezger Technical Knock Out UFC 19: Young Guns 03/05/1999 1 9:55
Win Jerry Bohlander Technical Knock Out UFC 18: Road To The Heavyweight Title 01/08/1999 1 15:31
Loss Guy Mezger Submission UFC 13: The Ultimate Force 05/30/1997 1 3:09
Win Wes Albritton Technical Knock Out UFC 13: The Ultimate Force 05/30/1997 1 0:31

I thought you were done.

Halojumper
01-09-2007, 20:52
Originally posted by Bowtie
Oh **** he's a grammer cop too..

Spelling too, it's "grammar".

Halojumper
01-09-2007, 20:54
Originally posted by Halojumper
I'm not familiar with WWE. Is that another one of your little definitions? Perhaps you could explain it to us.

I googled it. It's "wrestling". That explains a lot about this conversation. It's real you know... haha

Bowtie
01-09-2007, 20:54
LMFAO

Skpotamus
01-10-2007, 00:11
Originally posted by Bowtie
Here why dont you read this and then tell me there is no differance between a win by TKO and a Knock out
Tito Ortiz Fight History:
Tito Ortiz UFC Fight History:
Result Opponent Method Event Date Round Time
Loss Chuck Liddell Technical Knock Out UFC® 66: LIDDELL VS. ORTIZ 12/30/2006 3 3:59
Win Ken Shamrock knock out Ortiz vs. Shamrock 3 - The Final Chapter 10/10/2006 1 2:23

Actually, you kinda made my point for me. When Tito fought Ken Shamrock, all three fights were referee stoppages. Two are listed as TKO's, with one listed as a KO. The one listed as a KO is the one that was stopped under similar circumstances to the 2nd Liddell x Ortiz fight. Shamrock was on his back, taking shots to the head and not trying to improve his position, the fight was stopped and he immediately popped up to his feet. Shamrock wasn't knocked out cold, he was stopped with strikes. They list it as a KO though. The other shamrock fights listed as a TKO invovle one referee stoppage from unanswered strikes, where Ken immediately got up after the strikes were stopped, and one where his corner threw in the towel. So the UFC uses the two terms interchangeably. BTW, boxing does as well, as does kickboxing.

FortyCaliber
01-10-2007, 16:27
Originally posted by Bowtie
Oh **** he's a grammer cop too..

Guys,

I am not taking sides here, as I try to judge content, not presentation, but I have to say that line was precious!

I liked "MFC" line, too.


Carry on!