Now that the season is winding down... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Now that the season is winding down...

StockGlock23
12-27-2006, 01:18
Who here goose egged this year? I never took a single shot this year. I saw a few deer real early that were out of range. I never saw a single one close except for when I did not have a gun or it was not legal/safe/practical to shoot. I had one nice 8 pointer walk about 25 yards from me opening weekend but it was about 1/2 hour before legal light. The next time I saw him he was trotting away from me after I made a very poor/unsuccessful stalk. I have saw a few pics of you guys doing fairly well, so let's hear some sob stories (like mine) or some fantastical misses.

Notice that I say nothing about getting lucky and getting a deer. Luck may have a small part but if you were not out there in a place where you thought there would be deer then you would have never had a chance. I have yet to get a good shot at a deer from my sofa. I did pick up some antlers from a long dead whitetail that I sawed off and took home. I also found a deer skeleton that still had most of his 12 points intact before the mice and whatnot had their way with it.

GeorgiaGlockMan
12-27-2006, 02:03
Sorry to hear that.

I shot 3 this year, but again none are the monsters that I dream about holding out for.

Our season runs through 1/1 and I plan on going a couple more times between now and then if I can get ontop of the pile of work that I have to do.

noway
12-27-2006, 19:09
I have until 1/1 in one area and 1/21 iirc in another. Had a series of bloopers on my behalf the last being was so eager in getting out to the grounds, I forgot to rack a shell in the SG and in so doing so miss an opurtunity with a nice buck 2x2 if I saw him right walk into my eye sight,

But this has been very very bad, all of my areas that should have standing water are Bone dry ( in Kramer voice from seinfield )