Tony & The Donkey [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tony & The Donkey

Ian
12-28-2006, 15:06
A young man named Tony bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100.
The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey, but when he drove up the next day, he said: "Sorry son, but I have some bad news....the donkey's on my truck, but he's dead"
Tony replied: "Well then, just give me my money back" The farmer said: "I can't do that. I went and spent it already"
"OK then," Tony replied, "Just unload the donkey anyway."
"What are ya gonna do with him?" the farmer asked
"I'm going to raffle him off," came the reply, to which the farmer exclaimed: "You can't raffle a dead donkey!"
But Tony, with a big smile, said "Sure I can. Watch me. Just don't tell anybody that he's dead."
A month later the farmer met Tony and asked "What happened with that dead donkey?"
"I sold 500 tickets at $2 a piece and made a profit of $698." Tony replied.
Amazed the farmer asked: "Didn't anyone complain that you had stolen their money?"
And Tony replied, "The only guy who found out about the donkey being dead was the raffle winner, when he came to claim his prize. So I gave him his $2 back plus $200 extra, which is double the going value of a donkey, and he thought I was a great guy."
Tony grew up and evenyually became Prime Minister of Britain, and no matter how many times he lied or how much money he stole from British voters, as long as he gave them back some of the stolen money, most of them thought he was a great guy.

okie
12-28-2006, 19:24
:animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol:

eddief4
12-28-2006, 21:09
:animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :rofl: :rofl: