Holster Recommendaton..Help! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Holster Recommendaton..Help!

pistolman1974
12-31-2006, 13:24
My Mother just bought a Smith & Wesson M&P. I need help helping her find a holster that is comfortable for women. In can be IWB or OWB. It must be concealable.

Ladies what are you recommendations?

Lynn D
12-31-2006, 14:35
I don't think you'll find a "women's holster" per se. You will find a holster (or two or three) that work for you as a woman. I know that sounds sort of snotty....but with the exception of some manufacturers who make "offset" holsters to accommodate our hips, most holsters are just that, holsters.

The best thing to do is to determine which way you'll carry....OWB or IWB, and then start looking. If possible, go to a shop where you can "try on". Wear the type of clothing you'd wear while carrying to see how things fit. Have someone check you while you move and bend and sit and everyday kind of stuff. Then move on from there.

And, if you're lucky, you'll have a friend or two with a box of holsters they don't use, so that you can try on in the privacy of your own home.

It took me a little bit of time, but I found IWB for everyday, and use OWB when at the range. Best of luck. :)