Women's only Classes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Women's only Classes

Jowen
01-02-2007, 00:16
Are there any women that would like to comment about there own experiences in self-defense/weapons systems training programs... or if you could customize your own program what would the content be? How long of a class?

dst10spr97
01-07-2007, 11:41
I am interested in this info as well. I am particularly looking at the Ladies Pistol Course at Gunsite, or the womens course through Defense Training Institute with Vicki Farnum.

Mrs. Tink
01-07-2007, 15:07
I took a ladies-only class at a now-defunct training center in the Denver area. I would guess that it was pretty close to what men get, just with ladies only so that the ladies felt more comfortable and more able to concentrate on what was being taught, rather than fending off fellow male classmates trying to offer unsolicited advice.

Women also seem to be better listeners, and less likely to figure "I know what I'm doing" and trying to jump ahead.

There were a few mentions of ladies' issues, such as grip size, guns that were especially well suited to women, and carry options.

I believe that the class was 8 hours long, with at least half being classroom training. We had one female and one male instructor.

Isis
01-07-2007, 16:33
Originally posted by Mrs. Tink
Women also seem to be better listeners, and less likely to figure "I know what I'm doing" and trying to jump ahead.

:laughabove: Say it ain't so!!!!!!!! :shocked:

I need to find a class in my area very soon. I found a ladies only class but it was $300 and I think 3 days? That's a bit much.

ShackleMeNot
01-09-2007, 08:28
Originally posted by Isis
I need to find a class in my area very soon. I found a ladies only class but it was $300 and I think 3 days? That's a bit much.

Yes, training can be considered expensive but if you ever have to fight for your life not training can cost you a lot as well. You invest in good guns, good ammo, good holsters... Try looking at training as an investment in yourself.