sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : sights

MERCMADE
01-04-2007, 21:23
my glock comes with adjustable sights, but d_mn if i can make them line up.it shoots consistently low and to the left , with windage and elevetion cranked accordingly as far as they will go to compensate.
I know everyone will probably tell me the the glock sights are sh_t and I should change them, but arent the stock sights supposed to be good enough?
balik ko kaya sa trusttrade, me magagawa kaya sila? I've had it for a while, and i've been using kentucky windage to compensate.

darwin25
01-04-2007, 21:32
Have you tried calibrating the sights using a rest? You should do it with a rest. Baka kasi yung shooting technique mo ang kailangang ipolish.:)

bikethief
01-04-2007, 21:39
Yup. Low and left are classic flinching symptoms. This is further aggravated by the stock Glock 5.5 lbs. trigger pull. My wife had this problem. We cured it with some grip adjustment and lots of practice.

If symptoms persist, consult your doctor.

productionguy
01-04-2007, 22:32
good day sir!what kind of ammo your using?as for my experience with my g19,different ammo will affect the zero of my sight,lead and teflon is no good,fmj and hollow point ammo fits my gun.hope this will work with yours,

jimbullet
01-04-2007, 22:55
coming from a 1911 style trigger and going for a glock trigger, you would normally develop a flinch to the left. Suggest you re-think your way of squeezing the trigger. Go back to basics in learning it and you'll see things will get better. Mine also came with adjustable rears and have not replaced the same. It works but how long, well it remains to be seen with the rear polymers.

jasonub
01-04-2007, 23:49
depends on where you practice. aproach one of us and we'll test your gun. a few rounds will do it. in fact 1 round will show where the bullet should go with reference to your sights

deenoh
01-04-2007, 23:59
From experience, ang Glock sights out of the factory shooting low and left. Try mo adjust to the right most and a little up. Ganon ang settings ng mga Glocks ko.

MERCMADE
01-05-2007, 22:02
I t might be a grip problem, though I've tried benching the gun early on to do my sight ins. I'll follow advise and see what happens, by the way I have the aftermarket connectr(3.5lbs).
thanks fo the tips.

revo
01-05-2007, 22:24
Originally posted by deenoh
From experience, ang Glock sights out of the factory shooting low and left. Try mo adjust to the right most and a little up. Ganon ang settings ng mga Glocks ko.

Not true, sir, sorry.

The sights are calibrated to point of aim at 25 meters using factory proving ammo.

How do I know ? I use a laser bore-sighter.

You can see this too by using your own bore-sighter.

Printing low and to the left is the classic sign of jerking the trigger.