Lady's first gun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lady's first gun

Isis
01-06-2007, 08:52
I've grown up around guns. I never had to worry about defending myself at home before since they were always around. Several break in's and it seems like it's every Christmas. I just had my car broken into the last week..again. It's not like I live in the hood! These crazy people just seem to follow me.

Anyway, I have been looking for a gun of my own. I was looking at the newer Kimber KPD .40 but I've been told by several people a 9 mm would be a better option. I haven't held this gun, the 40 caliber is not set to come out until First quarter of the year (??). It also says on their site that The 9 mm is expected to come out soon, which may not be until summertime or longer.

So, I've been looking at other options. I'm not interested in a glock. They do not feel good to me and I'd like to be comfortable with my new and first gun. I've been shopping around and what I've found that feels most comfortable is a Taurus Millennium. I'm wondering if anyone else has owned one and if so, any problems?

I'm also curious what you other ladies use.

Cat91
01-06-2007, 14:50
Over the last three years I've gone through about half a dozen guns. I carry one everywhere I go for self protection, I'm a state prosecutor and I do homicide cases and oppose postconviction appeals-the inmates at the local jail call me "the Angel of Death" and I get a lot of threats.

So...started with two Glock models 23, had a real love-hate relationship with them because that darn .40 snaps too hard. Tried a snubby S&W 642 and the trigger pull was way too much for me in the end. Hubby hated it too and had me sell it for a Steyr M9 that he carried around for two years.

A S&W 686 didn't last because it gave me bursitis in my shoulder! Too heavy. Went with a .45 Colt Defender, great to carry, but it jammed every third round no matter what magazines we used. Wild jams, like one where it would flip a fired case and jam it into the chamber open-end first! Hubby nixed that one. A S&W 469, mint in box from 1986 was great-until the slide cracked after 600 rounds. Replaced it with a S&W 39, which wouldn't extract. :upeyes: I've got really bad gun karma.

Carried a Beretta 92FS for a year and liked it a lot. Sold it last November to get ready cash for Christmas presents and appropriated my husband's 9mm Beretta Px-4 Storm. Berettas are good guns. But me stealing his Storm aggravated him no end :animlol: because it left him with a big S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum as his main gun, so after a month of that he marched me down to the local gun pusher and laid out bucks for a 9mm SIG-Sauer "SIGpro" SP2022 with factory SIGlite night sights for me to pack around instead. He *really* wanted that Storm back :rofl: !

I like the SIGpro. It is nice and light fully loaded and I like the DA/SA action, smooth trigger, and easy to use decocker, and the two grips it comes with. Its slide is Nitron coated stainless and doesn't rust in your purse. It's a mofo to take apart to clean, tho. There's a trick to it that is just like the trick you have to know to take down S&W traditional autos like the 39 or 59. But with the 22lb spring, that's pretty stout when they are new, it's tough the first couple times.

I recommend 9mm strongly. Because it does not kick hard, it is the sole cartridge that has any self defense credibility that I can hit with more than once out of the box.

Miao, Cat

Isis
01-06-2007, 15:35
that's funny! I was looking at a Beretta Storm myself. It comes a close second to the Taurus I'm thinking about getting.

I'm curious to know why if you liked it so much, you didn't get yourself one?

gunman_23
01-06-2007, 16:04
Not a lady

Have you thought of the following if you dont like Glocks:

1. Sig Sauer P228 9/.40

2. Sig Sauer P229 DAK 9/.40

3. Kimber Pro Carry II (.45 is NOT a monster to shoot)

4. Kahr T9 (with Kahrs, I recommend staying away from the polymer frames. The majority of complaints I have read have been w/polymer frame Kahrs)

Isis
01-06-2007, 16:32
No. To be quite honest, I've only been looking seriously for a couple of weeks. I'll look into your suggestions, thanks.

I should probably venture out to other gun shops around. There aren't too many on my side of town.

MrsKitty
01-06-2007, 16:44
First handgun I ever shot was a G23. A week later I bought a 23C then ordered a non-ported barrel for it (actually came out to about the same price as the G23 would have been locally *if* there wasn't an eight week wait at that time).

Can you rent or shoot anything where you are? When you are talking caliber, every person has their own favorites and that is what they try to hook you on. My advice is to try out a few things and see what you like and can HANDLE. Consider advice but YOU need to decide what is best for YOU.

I carry the G23 with the non-ported barrel.

Good luck!

Cat91
01-06-2007, 16:51
Originally posted by Isis
that's funny! I was looking at a Beretta Storm myself. It comes a close second to the Taurus I'm thinking about getting.

I'm curious to know why if you liked it so much, you didn't get yourself one?

The Px-4 has one major drawback for me. I have long fingers but small hands. So when I shoot it, I was banging my thumb on the magazine release. Ow! I have to use a high-thumbs grip when I shoot it and I'm not used to that. Plus, our local pusher Hubby now prefers to do business with only had them in .40, and I'm not liking .40 so well.

Hence, the SIG. It appears to have the benefits of about all the guns I've liked. Light weight, built like a brick, no manual safety to futz with in an emergency, yet it has a conventional hammer. Hubby had an FNP-9 for a bit that was the same sort of decocker layout and I took a shine to it while he had it.

Miao, Cat

Isis
01-06-2007, 16:56
Originally posted by misskitty5077
First handgun I ever shot was a G23. A week later I bought a 23C then ordered a non-ported barrel for it (actually came out to about the same price as the G23 would have been locally *if* there wasn't an eight week wait at that time).

Can you rent or shoot anything where you are? When you are talking caliber, every person has their own favorites and that is what they try to hook you on. My advice is to try out a few things and see what you like and can HANDLE. Consider advice but YOU need to decide what is best for YOU.

I carry the G23 with the non-ported barrel.

Good luck!

Yes, there is a place on the other side of town. I've been thinking about going out there and testing a few. Hopefully, I can get out there sometime this week.

Cat- I have very small hands, which is why I've had such a problem finding something that I can get a good grip on. My Mom has a Ruger and she is built like me. I don't think she's ever shot it, though and I plan on shooting mine a lot.:supergrin:

Mrs. Tink
01-06-2007, 17:59
I love my Walther P99, although I haven't carried it. I don't have small hands, so the interchangeable grips that come with the pistol are nice--and there is a grip for small hands as well.

I have heard that Kahr PM9 recommended for small hands (or good concealability), but it's more of a carry gun than a range gun. Often, if you've put 6000 rounds through it, it's done.

April
01-06-2007, 17:59
Regarding the Taurus..

I had a PT140 before we moved. They're nice for the money. Probably half of what you'd pay for a Kimber.

Couple observations: Get the MilPro version. The regular Millennium series guns have a slightly different grip and a rather annoying gap between the base of the magazine and the bottom of the grip. That gap may not seem like a problem now but it bites when you're shooting. Also the trigger tends to be LOOONG and a little heavy since it's a DAO design. If you otherwise really like the pistol, the trigger is something to practice with and reason to go shooting more.

Don't let anyone tell you what caliber would be best. With modern defense loads, caliber really boils down to what you can shoot best. If you're more accurate with a 9mm than a .40 then get the .40.

As far as I what I carry: either a Glock 19, Glock 26 or KelTec P32. Here lately it's been mostly the little .32 because it's just SOOO light and easy to carry. I'd like a single stack 9mm to add to the rotation but we'll have to see.

Isis
01-06-2007, 19:04
I'll have to take back what I said about the Beretta Storm. It was actually A beretta 9000S that I took to so well. I was looking at the storms online and they did appeal to me.

Other thing I wanted to mention, The MilPro isn't something that I've had access to but thanks for the info. I will keep looking. I did actually really like the trigger on the Millennium,though. It was the perfect length for my little short,fat fingers.

I'm not worried as much about the money I spend on the gun as I am having a one I can trust my life with and be able to handle properly. I don't want to break the bank trying to practice, though. I was lookiing for a 9mm more for the price of ammo.

I may change my mind on the Glocks since so many of you seem to like them. I'll try to check out as many as I can this week. Thanks everyone for the tips.:thumbsup:

Lynn D
01-06-2007, 19:09
Kahr P9 owner here.....had a recoil spring early on, but have not had ANY problems since. It's great for my small hands, and conceals well. My only thing is that I wish hit had a Glock type trigger. I have a G19, but find it bulky for carry. Great for range time, though.

The PM Kahrs might be ok, but I found the short grip to be not as stable as I would have liked.

I have Kimber ProCarry in .45. I like it. Very manageable recoil. Only reason I don't carry it is because I just haven't had time to practice with it enough. And since this would be a "cocked and locked" whereas the Kahr is straight DAO, it's something I need to get used to.

I shoot with a woman with small hands who has a Walter P99....it fits her well, and she liked the DA/SA with decocker mechanism.

Lots of time to look around.....take your time and buy what you like!!!! Have fun!

:)

Cat91
01-06-2007, 19:56
The other thing that Hubby's Beretta Px-4 and my SIG SP 2022 have in common is interchangeable grips. That is a good thing for folks with small hands. Or big hands.

Miao, Cat

FrankRochester
01-07-2007, 18:22
Take a look at a SIG P225, they don't make them anymore but alot of used German police guns are available. It was my first pistol I ever bought. I never got used to the DA/SA, but the gun ran great. I gave it to my dad, and he's carried it ever since. Its a great single stack 9mm... Now a days, Its either a Glock 9mm or a Colt Government model .45 ACP...

Vic303
01-07-2007, 18:41
Find a place that rents pistols and shoot all that you care to. Then buy what you liked. I think you should consider a .45acp 1911. It is my preferred carry pistol (and yes I am a woman too). I like the 4.25" slide on the officer sized (short grip) frame. The short grip conceals better for me, and the slide is long enough to not give up reliability.

Although I do confess to some XD45 lust currently...:shocked:
Also you might like a Browning High Power, in 9mm. Sweet pistols, and nice to shoot.

SARDG
01-07-2007, 23:35
Originally posted by Mrs. Tink
...I have heard that Kahr PM9 recommended for small hands (or good concealability), but it's more of a carry gun than a range gun. Often, if you've put 6000 rounds through it, it's done.
The PM9 is light and small, and with the 6-round magazine, all but the very smallest of hands will have a dangling pinky. There are several people on GT on the Kahr gun thread who have run 7500+ rounds through the PM9 and it keeps on tickin'. Still, I would agree, it isn't a gun to take to the range and run 1000 rounds a week through. I have one with 400 rnds through it and the only problems I've had were two fail-to-feeds on the 1st rnd on the 7-rnd mag (within the first 50 rnds). If you clean it before you shoot it the first time, lube it according to the info on GT, and don't limp-wrist it, it will work. Kahr recommends a 200 rnd break-in, and many would recommend that on any semi-auto. On Kahr models, "P" is polymer frame, "M" is the micro series. Even though it's a very small gun, the recoil is not usually an issue. It will shoot +P, but not on a steady diet. I have read posters on GT who say they don't clean their guns but every 2-3 weeks. You need to clean and lube the Kahrs after a trip to the range.

I would agree that you should find a range where they rent guns and shoot what you can. Not all ranges are going to have the guns you may be interested in. But if you find a range who will work with you, and stick with them, they'll be more likely to help you as a potential long-term customer. They may have another customer who owns a gun like you are shopping for and may be able to arrange a loan from that customer (with the customer present). That is exactly what happened at my range - a local judge brought in his Kahr for me to shoot - though it wasn't a PM9. The range also let me shoot one of their rental guns and didn't charge me - even for ammo. Because of the range's and the judge's kindness, I have told the range folks that if they have a customer who wants to shoot a PM9, they could try mine (with me there!)

You could also go to the gun club threads on GT and read the threads about the brands of guns you are interested in. Be careful about believing everything you read however. A lot of people have strong opinions or experiences not shared by real-world facts.

Finally, when you begin to carry, I wouldn't (personally) recommend a purse. Okay - that may be one of those opinions not largely shared here on Women's Issues BUT:
1) I am a tall gal, (5' 9"), and not all that thin, but had my purse snatched by a 6+ footer one evening. I fought him for it - which the cop said was pretty stupid (thanks) - but he got it anyway.
2) Every single one of my (many) LE friends believe that purse carry is NOT the way to go. They believe you should carry on your person. Another opinion or...???

Hope this helps. Good luck with your search and ultimate purchase.

SARDoG (Kitty)

Isis
01-08-2007, 00:20
Finally, when you begin to carry, I wouldn't (personally) recommend a purse. Okay - that may be one of those opinions not largely shared here on Women's Issues BUT:
1) I am a tall gal, (5' 9"), and not all that thin, but had my purse snatched by a 6+ footer one evening. I fought him for it - which the cop said was pretty stupid (thanks) - but he got it anyway.
2) Every single one of my (many) LE friends believe that purse carry is NOT the way to go. They believe you should carry on your person. Another opinion or...???

Hope this helps. Good luck with your search and ultimate purchase.

SARDoG (Kitty)

Thanks for all the kind words.

I would say that carrying a gun in a purse is a VERY bad idea. I hope that they didn't run off with a gun of yours. It's enough of a pain to have to get all cards cancelled and get a new drivers license. I really wouldn't want some crazy kook out on the streets with my gun.
Yes, I would say carry it on your person. I'm knowledgeble about at least that much. My Mom used to do that and I never thought it was a good idea. I want mine where I can reach it without having to fiddle around anyway.

That PM9 looks really small. I'll check them out this week or try to. I think I'm still leaning towards a Beretta or Taurus but everyone's input has been very helpful and I'm taking all the advice into account. :)

Blinky
01-08-2007, 03:34
Just poppin' in to say hi!

:wavey:

Isis
01-08-2007, 10:50
Hi Blinky!

Thanks for the link:supergrin:

SARDG
01-08-2007, 11:55
...I hope that they didn't run off with a gun of yours. It's enough of a pain to have to get all cards cancelled and get a new drivers license. I really wouldn't want some crazy kook out on the streets with my gun.
No guns at that time. Just the credit cards, other ID, etc. all of which were actually later recovered in a stolen car. All they (he had an accomplice in a getaway car) took was the cash (which I now don't carry in my purse, either). Of course, I had already cancelled my credit cards...

I now carry in an IWB - daily! It wasn't the first time I had been a crime victim - and the first time was far more violent.

Atlantya
01-08-2007, 13:50
Have you thought of looking at the Springfield XD 9 mm? I have one and like it a lot, especially the trigger. It has a different feel than a glock (although I admit to being biased towards glocks) and I like the grip.

Isis
01-08-2007, 14:11
Originally posted by Atlantya
Have you thought of looking at the Springfield XD 9 mm? I have one and like it a lot, especially the trigger. It has a different feel than a glock (although I admit to being biased towards glocks) and I like the grip.

Yes, I have. In fact, Blinky sent me a link to one. My Stepfather told me if I were even thinking about spending the money on a Glock to check it out,too and from the way he sounded, he prefered the Springfield over the Glock.

I will check it out. It looks alot like the Kimber KPD I was thinking about waiting on but he just reiterated what I was thinking about the "bugs" they are working out and being a brand new line may not be the best idea..

SARDG
01-08-2007, 14:52
Hey Isis - do you have your FL CCW License yet? You could start that process going even before your purchase. It sounds like you come from a long line of shooters so you may have it, or you may know this already but...

* Once you have a CCW, there is NO waiting period to buy a handgun in FL.
* If you go get electronic fingerprints at your local sheriff's office, you can get your license back in about 2-3 weeks. Call them before you go to find out exact days they'll do that and their payment procedures - my Sheriff wanted a personal check for 40 bucks. Actually, I had to go to a neighboring county Sheriff's office because my county didn't have an electronic FP machine.

Kitty

Isis
01-08-2007, 15:00
No, I don't. I noticed you were in FL.

I've been looking up laws and procedures online since I've never done this before.

I do come from a gun loving family but the thing is, I grew up in GA and then moved to SC and every state is different. I was going to school for Criminal Investigations so they should have my prints but I'll check and make sure they do, just in case. ;)

I have a big trip coming so I'm puttin off buying the actual gun so I have plenty of time. I can get the less expensive stuff out of the way and when I'm ready to buy, bingo! I'm there.

SARDG
01-08-2007, 16:12
No, I don't. I noticed you were in FL.

I've been looking up laws and procedures online since I've never done this before.
You can get an entire CCW package with FP card, laws, and even the return envelope, from a FL gunshop or range (if they're nice) or by calling Tallahassee (# online) or requesting one online.

I do come from a gun loving family but the thing is, I grew up in GA and then moved to SC and every state is different. I was going to school for Criminal Investigations so they should have my prints but I'll check and make sure they do, just in case. ;)

I don't know. I'm a Navy Veteran AND have a current clearance from the Coast Guard. It seems like every single agency that wants to run a check on you, wants their own FP card submitted. And if you want fast service, nothing beats electronic prints. But you still need that blank FP card from the package. (Don't write ANYTHING on it before you take it to the Sheriff - it's all printed electronically)

I have a big trip coming so I'm puttin off buying the actual gun so I have plenty of time. I can get the less expensive stuff out of the way and when I'm ready to buy, bingo! I'm there.

I suppose the actual license is less expensive than the gun. Mine was even cheaper as I didn't have to attend a class. Florida allows veterans to submit their DD-214 (discharge paper) as proof of firearms proficiency. Gotta love it... Although I carried a 45 ACP on watch all the time in the Navy, I would never have qualified or even shot it if I hadn't begged to go to the range with the Gunner's Mates. Apparently, the Navy is for lovers, not fighters... I did shoot competition rifle in high school, though. That and a buck will get you a half cup of coffee (or 2 Krystal burgers ;)).

Kitty

Blinky
01-08-2007, 22:27
Isis, here is a lot of info in the FL CCW laws. http://www.packing.org/state/florida/

Isis
01-08-2007, 23:31
Thanks, Blinky!

I've found quite a bit but not quite that detailed.

Sticky!:banana:

Isis
01-09-2007, 19:40
Originally posted by SARDG
You can get an entire CCW package with FP card, laws, and even the return envelope, from a FL gunshop or range (if they're nice) or by calling Tallahassee (# online) or requesting one online.

I don't know. I'm a Navy Veteran AND have a current clearance from the Coast Guard. It seems like every single agency that wants to run a check on you, wants their own FP card submitted. And if you want fast service, nothing beats electronic prints. But you still need that blank FP card from the package. (Don't write ANYTHING on it before you take it to the Sheriff - it's all printed electronically)

Kitty

Thanks, Kitty. I'll look into getting the package. I'll have to give them a call and take care of that as I look. Also, my prints should be at the local sherrifs office but then again, I know they weren't electronic prints so I will probably have to do them again. No problem. I'll probably go ahead and take the class. It's only $45 and I think I can swing it. The more I know, the better off I'll be.

Ok, so I went out to another gun shop today. I didn't shoot anything. Their rentals weren't much... A few glocks and not the 19. They did have a Springfield XD I could rent so I may go back out later. Nothing really threw themselves at me so I think I'll keep looking. I did like the feel of the XD, so it's a possibility. I saw a nice revolver but it should sing and dance for me for $600. Geez.:upeyes:

SARDG
01-10-2007, 09:59
...Also, my prints should be at the local sherrifs office but then again, I know they weren't electronic prints so I will probably have to do them again. No problem.
I believe the Sheriff is only responsible for taking the prints. The FL Dept of Agriculture & Consumer Services (of all things) is the agency responsible for running background checks with your prints, and issuing the CWL (Concealed Weapons License, as someone reminded me - not a CCW in FL). Regardless, FL resident CWL holders don't have to re-submit prints upon renewel, which is nice. (non-residents do)

...I saw a nice revolver but it should sing and dance for me for $600. Geez.:upeyes:
My PM9 was about $650 w/ DLC (coating) and night sights, and then Kahr prices went up another few bucks on January 1. You can get "test-fired" Kahrs though, for a little less. Some say they are better in that they are broken in for you. (200 round breakin recommendation)

I seem to be stuck on the Kahr track, but I just went to the range last night and the PM9 shot everything I tried to put through it - I shot 4 different JHPs from 3 manufacturers and about 50 rnds of WWB (Winchester White Box) and it never failed to go bang.

Riz58
01-10-2007, 17:41
I would also recommend the Kahr 9mms. I have a CW9 and it is great. There were some complaints regarding the PM9 for a while, but Kahr seems to have engineered out whatever problem it was having.

The Kahrs are very high quality, very lightweight, and very accurate. They are thin and are easy to coneal. The whole thing weighs barely over a pound loaded.

The CW9 is the less dressy version of the P9, and I have been very happy with it.

rvrctyrngr
01-10-2007, 17:43
Thanks, Kitty. I'll look into getting the package. I'll have to give them a call and take care of that as I look. Also, my prints should be at the local sherrifs office but then again, I know they weren't electronic prints so I will probably have to do them again.

Doesn't matter how many times you've been fingerprinted or by whom. You'll have to submit new cards (or electronic prints) along with your CWL application. Electronic is better...app goes through faster.

Good luck finding the weapon you want!

sifu128
03-03-2007, 15:04
Hey Ladies I am a man and I was helping my wife as well. She started off on Walter P22 (22l rimfire) and will hopefully be moing to the Walter P99 (9 mm). She has looked at a few berettas and glocks but they are too bulky for her hand. The Walters are the right size for her (she is 5'4, 120) and has very tiny hands. She loves the feel of the grip and she says is right for a woman.

http://www.carl-walther.de/englisch/defense/defense-36.html

Just trying to help :)

fnfalman
03-03-2007, 16:11
Isis,

First of all, is Isis your real name? last year I dated a young woman for a short period of time whose name is Isis. She was dark and exotic just like the name. But that story is for another day.

May I suggest the SIG Sauer P239 in 9mm? When it came time for me to arm my niece (she's very petite and has smallish hands and I had to take that into consideration). I didn't want necessarily the smallest and lightest. I wanted for her to have a gun that is smallish in size and fairly light in weight but primarily it has to be of top notch reliability and quality. Since that I'm a SIG Sauer fan boy, and do own a P239 9mm of my own, I let her bust some caps off it and she liked it not to mention that it fitted her hands well. So, for her 16th birthday, I had to get one for her own (because I ain't givin' up my P239 :supergrin: ).

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/Guns/Christmas05029.jpg

Lew-G17
03-05-2007, 09:21
Here is another vote for Kahr in 9mm. I personally carry a K9 which is a stainless steel version. It fits my small hands very well, my wife likes it too and she is tiny.

Best suggestion is to try as many different ones as you can before you buy. I have fallen in love with this or that gun in the store only to hate it when I shoot it.

If you attend a CCW class, you will make friends with similar intrests and they may have something you might like to try.

Good Luck!

davidp
03-06-2007, 22:36
my mom carries a s&w model 500 magnum in her truck.

just thought id throw that out there.

tlish
03-09-2007, 17:28
i have very small hands and love my g19. i carry a mustang .380, though, because it's tiny, and i'm not willing to sacrifice clothing styles for a carry gun.

i used to have a taurus milpro pt111 (9mm). i really did not like the distance of the trigger pull. it had nothing to do with size of the trigger, just length of pull. i traded it for my g19.

HollowPoint .45
03-09-2007, 21:47
Taurus has changed the triggers on the Minellium Pro series. They now have a long but light take up and a very crisp release. Think along the lines of a Ruger P-89 in single action mode.

sifu128
03-10-2007, 07:58
Hey tlish do you ccw with that .380?

FrankRochester
03-11-2007, 19:54
The P239 is a nice gun! The DAK triggers that are available seem pretty good also. May I also suggest a HK P2000 or the S&W M&P series. Both have interchangeable back straps for different size hands. Beretta pistols have a terrible DA trigger, total junk in my opinion. SIG's have the best DA/SA trigger you are gonna find. And you can send them to the custom shop and have the trigger tuned more for a nominal charge. SIG's are the only DA/SA gun I'd buy. The SIG DAK, HK LEM and the S&W M&P triggers are all some what similar to the Glock "Safe Action" style trigger. But the DAK and LEM are also capable of a "second strike" on a hard primer. But most people will tell you that if you pull the trigger and nothing goes bang, to immediately rack the slide to clear that round out and re-chamber a new one. So most people say "second strike" isn't important. Those are the only guns I'd suggest if you don't like the Glock grip, unless you want a 1911.

RENEA
03-12-2007, 07:03
<- not a lady.

FWIW I've owned my Walther P99 in 9mm for about 5 years and many ladies that have shot it have ended up purchasing their own once they got the hang of the trigger. It's a superb design and very reliable/accurate. The pistol fetures a very low bore axis so felt recoil is nill.

Another option would be a HK USP Compact or P-2000 model.

Mrs.Cicero
03-19-2007, 08:23
If money is not a huge issue, try an HK USP Compact in 9mm (I think you can get it in .40 and .45, too, if you'd prefer). I have carried one for the last 8-9 years, in a purse in warm weather and on my hip in the cold (gotta have on a jacket loose enough to cover/conceal it). It's more comfortable in my hand than a babyGlock (tho' I carry one of those, too, occasionally), and shoots sweet. I like the Springfield XD except for the way the recoil goes up and off to the right instead of straight. Find a place that will let you rent a bunch and pick the one that is most reliable, and fits well.

Mrs.C

tlish
03-27-2007, 17:17
Originally posted by sifu128
Hey tlish do you ccw with that .380?

yes. it's my third try for a carry gun, and i really like. it's the best i can conceal w/ clothing restrictions and a curvy, curvy self. it's a very nice little gun. i just wish i had another one as a backup so i would feel ok with practicing with it a lot more than i do.

i want to try a g26 in an ankle holster and see how i like that. that will be the next option i try. and i'm always on the lookout for another mustang. they are just too cute.

sifu128
03-28-2007, 05:40
Very cool. You might want to check out this for ccw as well: http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=48. My wife is looking at this now :)