New Encore... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Encore...

StockGlock23
01-07-2007, 03:23
Let me brag about my new baby. It is a Encore .45 cal stainless with black synthetic stock. 28" barrel and in pretty good shape. I bought the gun used while on a hunting trip in Iowa for pheasant. The gun was marked $350 but it needed a really good cleaning and had the distinctive look of used hard and put away wet. I had the sales clerk take the gun apart down to the barrel being off the gun and the breech plug removed. I haggled the guy down to $300 + tax and she came home with me. It is missing the front and rear rifle sights and the screw that retains the extractor. The screw I am having mailed free of charge to my house from T/C and I am going to have my dad get me some hole plugs for the iron sight holes. I spent about an hour cleaning the gun and getting it all polished and pretty. There are a fair amount of marks but it is mechanically sound. I will include pics once I get it all finished. I plan to put a Weaver V10 2-10x38 stainless on it. Once it is all done it should be a real nice deer rifle.

ANy suggestions for some decent .45 saboted ammo? I loved the 50 cal SSTs that I shot out of my buddies Knight and his Encore loved them as well so that will be my starting place. Any other suggestions? I am looking for something longer range 150-175 yards. My buddies will shoot 4" groups at 200 with his 50 cal. I am all a twitter.