Help on Austin local gun shops. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help on Austin local gun shops.

Sceptre
01-07-2007, 11:26
I'm still "feeling" my way around Austin, and was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to get a used gun. I'm looking for a HK USP Compact 9mm. I'm basically looking for a range gun, so cosmetic condition does not really matter too much. I'm working on a limited budget ($450-$500 max, tax included). Anyone know of any consignment stores, or ranges that may sell one for this price? Thanks again guys.

kdstrick
01-07-2007, 11:36
Go to McBrides. A family owned gun store... been in Austin for over 50 years. Tons of great used inventory and great prices. I have bought several guns from them. They will treat you right.

Sceptre
01-07-2007, 12:57
thanks. Anyone else have good experiences somewhere?

jrr6602
01-07-2007, 14:43
Another vote for McBrides. I've only bought one pistol from them a few years ago when I was visiting Austin. I got a great deal on it. I would definitely recommmend them.:thumbsup: :supergrin: :)

jtull7
01-07-2007, 14:50
I bought my first "real" gun from McBrides over 35 years ago. S & W Model 12 Airweight .38 Special. It is still one of my favorite handguns.

Sceptre
01-07-2007, 20:10
Thanks all. I'll head out there this week. Thanks all. Funny thing is I literally lived like a block from there when I was at UT for 4 years and never knew it was there.

Glenn E. Meyer
01-08-2007, 10:07
Go to the monthly Saxet Gunshow. 3rd Weekend.

www.krtraining.com has an Austin faq with ranges. Red's has two ranges and sells guns.

Dury's in San Antonio has a used gun inventory on line.

Sceptre
01-08-2007, 14:57
Thanks All,

Went out to McBrides today. They have a lot of used guns. They actually had 2 USP Compacts, for $495 but they were in .40 and .45. So they did not have the 9mm I was looking for.
I'm definately going back there. They are a nice bunch of folks and their prices are a little better than Red's.

Thanks again.

Ruffshot
01-08-2007, 15:33
Go check out Heritage out at 183 and Anderson Mill rd. I have bought several guns there and always been happy with them. They used to stock quite a few H&K's. It isn't as big as McBrides though.

RENEA
01-14-2007, 06:00
Originally posted by Ruffshot
Go check out Heritage out at 183 and Anderson Mill rd. I have bought several guns there and always been happy with them. They used to stock quite a few H&K's. It isn't as big as McBrides though.

Also try out Sportsman's Warehouse in Round Rock. They have an fantastic selection with pretty decent prices!

Texas Boy
01-29-2007, 23:11
Another +1 for Mcbrides. I got a NAA .22 magnum mini revolver for Christmas. I was about to order a pocket holster online for around $30. I was in the area so I stopped by Mcbrides on the off chance that they might have one. I couldnt find one so I headed to the counter to ask if they might have one somewhere. The guy thought for a minute and then reached under the shotgun rack and pulled out a used holster exactly like I was looking for. I asked him how much he wanted for it and he said "5 bucks"! Good deal

Sceptre
02-12-2007, 13:45
Thanks guys. i can't wait till the weather is a little bit warmer so I can hit some outdoor ranges. Now I just need to find the 2 XD-9's I want (service and sub-compact) and I'll be all set . . . for the rest of this year. . .

ShipWreck
03-01-2007, 16:28
I was in Austin this week for a couple of days - my Hotel was near "Red's" - wasn't impressed with the gunstore...

jimmy
03-04-2007, 18:59
Don't forget Tex-Guns on Manchaca Road. It's been South Austin's mom-and-pop gunshop for over 20 years. Small shop, but it makes up for its size in friendliness and helpfulness.

ccoker
03-12-2007, 16:13
check GT dist for the best prices on used pistols like Glocks and Sigs and the occasional HK as well as great ammo prices on duty rounds

Tom and Dick at Heritage are great folks and I try to give them my business when I can..

Sportsmans: new only

Mcbrides: good folks