PDA

View Full Version : Hell of a shot. Just damn

okie
01-12-2007, 09:02
:shocked:

Originalsin
01-12-2007, 10:10
First up, that is a way cool shot.

Also. I'm in Australia, and not too familiar with northern hemisphere animals. What is the creature that the eagle is knocking over? Looks a bit like a fox, but ours are way different to that. My Dad has one that used to come and steal his cat's food until he started feeding it.

BexarWolf
01-12-2007, 10:37
It looks to me that the big bird (not sure if it's an eagle or hawk) is spooking the little bird (no clue what that thing is) off of the dead carcass of something unidentifiable.

Hope that helps. :animlol:

vafish
01-12-2007, 10:51
Originally posted by Originalsin
First up, that is a way cool shot.

Also. I'm in Australia, and not too familiar with northern hemisphere animals. What is the creature that the eagle is knocking over? Looks a bit like a fox, but ours are way different to that. My Dad has one that used to come and steal his cat's food until he started feeding it.

Big bird is a Golden Eagle.

Animal is a Fox. Same species as you have in Australia (they were introduced from England IIRC)

It may look a little different because it has it's winter coat in giving it a much thicker and heavier appearance.

BexarWolf
01-12-2007, 12:37
OHHHHHHHHH, now I see the fox in his talons. The screen here at work sucks and everything is dark as hades. I just thought it was a shadow below the bird.

Note to self: Demand a LCD monitor for work so I don't make an arse of myself on GT. :thumbsup:

erick73
01-12-2007, 22:08
Here is the whole series:

http://www.tarsiger.com/index.php?pic_id=komi1142612071&lang=fin

vafish
01-13-2007, 21:57
Originally posted by BexarWolf

Note to self: Demand a LCD monitor for work so I don't make an arse of myself on GT. :thumbsup:

yeah I bet that will go over well with the boss.

qiqazz
01-15-2007, 18:05
Originally posted by BexarWolf
It looks to me that the big bird (not sure if it's an eagle or hawk) is spooking the little bird (no clue what that thing is) off of the dead carcass of something unidentifiable.

Hope that helps. :animlol:

The small bird is a Magpie.

UtahIrishman
01-15-2007, 22:34
That's an incredible series of shots. I've seen eagles go after kit foxes before but never full size ones.

Very good photography.

eddief4
01-16-2007, 16:00
Originally posted by okie
:shocked:

wow, what a shot:shocked: