pro gun lawmakers! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : pro gun lawmakers!

boytigas
01-13-2007, 04:58
hey fellow bogs.

i just wanna know, which lawmakers, especially senators, are pro gun? I just wanna know so i may vote accordingly, and maybe, just maybe, only a single, much cheaper PTCFOR permit would be necessary for my pistols. :banana: And oh yeah, also fix those vague permit conditions. :thumbsup:

edited to add: and which are those who advocate further gun control?

magister
01-13-2007, 05:56
the son of sen. aquilino pimentel, koko, might run for senator. definitely pro gun yun. member yan ng armscor gun club.

then again you also have mike defensor. surely pro gun din yan kasi national team misis niya. :)

isuzu
01-13-2007, 11:04
Originally posted by magister
the son of sen. aquilino pimentel, koko, might run for senator. definitely pro gun yun. member yan ng armscor gun club.

I'm skeptical about the Pimintels. The dad is anti-gun (remember, he is in favor of banning the carrying of guns). When politics comes into play, they might prioritize votes over being pro gun.

horge
01-13-2007, 16:29
Just because a fella or gal COMPETES with a gun doesn't make them pro-gun.
It just makes them pro-"sporting use" of guns.
That's a rich-boy's game, and leaves ordinary folks out in the cold.

Por ejemplo...
Rep. Jack Enrile is head of the PPSA, and his stance on private ownership
of guns is borderline unfriendly, and against the letter of the law.
His right to his opinion, of course, but you just have to be careful
to know EXACTLY what a candidate's stance is.

tagaykoyan
01-13-2007, 17:40
sen. miriam defensor-santiago? di ba sharpshooter daw sya?

kamelot
01-13-2007, 17:42
Originally posted by horge

well said, horge!:laughabove:

3kings
01-13-2007, 20:20
during a political campaign in our place, we should bring banners like this so we can assure owning of guns will never be restricted

http://www.mchenryidpa.com/special/pro-gun/hishome.jpg

http://www.mchenryidpa.com/special/pro-gun/basics.jpg

http://www.mchenryidpa.com/special/pro-gun/washere.jpg

asian_glockster
01-14-2007, 03:03
Eto..

asian_glockster
01-14-2007, 03:04
Eto pa rin...

toxic
01-14-2007, 03:34
ill not vote na lang , di pa ko mag-sisise.

9MX
01-14-2007, 05:06
Originally posted by magister

then again you also have mike defensor. surely pro gun din yan kasi national team misis niya. :)

my opinion....defensor would throw everything including the kitchen sink and the reloading machine to get elected.:yuck:

him saying that he would work for Erap's release in the spirit of reconciliation is :moo: crap as we all know it.

the guy is charged with a capital offense, guilty or not, there is no bail for that.

horge
01-14-2007, 15:32
Ditto on Defensor, Mannix.

AFAICT...
The ONLY true believer in RKBA to ever run nationally
was former Solicitor General Frank Chavez.
This guy wanted the Constitution amended to include an RKBA,
and one better-worded than the US version; as in, bombproof.

'Course, as SolGen, he went hammer and tongs after the Marcoses
and their cronies. This did NOT please the Marcoses, and especially
displeased the Aquino administration, which preferred to make juicy
deals with the former dictator's family.

When Chavez ran, they screwed him over with name-alike candidates
and questionable counting.

choi_tan2000
01-14-2007, 23:18
+ 1 kay mannix

also agree with sir horge

darwin25
01-15-2007, 00:21

And not all who owns guns are pro-gun. There are many holier than thou types who thinks they are the only ones who can, and who should be trusted around guns.

akula
01-15-2007, 01:50
Originally posted by toxic
ill not vote na lang , di pa ko mag-sisise.

Please VOTE... Do not waive you previledge to choose who's supposed to lead you. It's better to have committed a mistake rather than not trying. Also, it will count against those whom you are supposed to 'hate'. IPAGLABAN NATIN ANG ATING 'KARAPATAN'...

Your vote NOT BEING COUNTED is another matter... :D

9MX
01-15-2007, 02:36
+1 for akula

toxic
01-15-2007, 05:18
Originally posted by akula
Please VOTE... Do not waive you previledge to choose who's supposed to lead you. It's better to have committed a mistake rather than not trying. Also, it will count against those whom you are supposed to 'hate'. IPAGLABAN NATIN ANG ATING 'KARAPATAN'...

Your vote NOT BEING COUNTED is another matter... :D

What if i hate them all.. :supergrin: politicians are politicians some may be Bad and some may be good and become bad..bad pa rin...
No i dont hate politicians, i admire them even..Hirap ngumite at kumamay at maghahalik sa Baby ah..

Kahit na i can vote as an absentee voter i lost my confidence sa Comelec its just my choice man..i dont encouraged everyone or anyone to Boycott or anything..in my experience as a poll clerk 5x ..ive fought for protecting the Balota with my life in the precint level , but it end up getting daya dun sa municipyo....i hate to say this but mga taga Comelec pa tumitira ang gagaling ng mga tinamaan ng lintek ...just like Garci..wala namang nakakasuhan.

Not unless whoever make the system
better and make the voters directly participate in the canvassing of the ballots ill still leave the voting to everyone but im out..
So really its a waste of time..its just me..

asian_glockster
01-15-2007, 07:53
Most of them are PRO GUN..

But for the ordinary citizen like me, they prefer NO GUN...

horge
01-15-2007, 16:42
Originally posted by toxic
Not unless whoever make the system
better and make the voters directly participate in the canvassing of the ballots ill still leave the voting to everyone but im out..
So really its a waste of time..its just me..

I was in NAMFREL since the Batasan elections (before Cory ran)
up until recently. Your refusal to register and vote makes
COMELEC's job easier: ...easier for them to rig the election.

At least check muna whether your name is still on the list of
registered voters or not. If it still is, you'd better vote, or
someone else will use your "ballot" for you, inserting it in the
COC at the municipal/regional level.

If your name isn't on the list, then I can only appeal to your logic.
We have no one but ourselves to blame for the government we have.
We thus have no one but ourselves to blame for the laws we endure.

Things are so insane legislatively that it will take two generations
to generate new politicians with scruples AND intelligence.
It may take as long to generate a voting public that can boast
of the same minimums.

Too many idiots electing idiots, while defeatists sit it out.

h.

P.S.: If you can't find candidates worth voting for, then run yourself.
I did once (barangay level nga lang), and it's not that hard.
Just by running, you force the tradpol opposite you to campaign
differently, and consider the issues you're running on. If you
win, you have the ear of the next higher tier of politicians...
Why not ask how BoG can try to pitch a Party-List candidate, eh?

The goal isn't so much advancing RKBA as it is preventing erosion
of our natural rights by legislative fiat.

jasonub
01-15-2007, 17:41
in order to minimize idiots in our goverment, they should make a law that only taxpayers can vote.

but they wont since a lot will be affected

horge
01-15-2007, 18:06
Jason, if you exclude transient-contractual W-2's, that would result
in an electorate of only 2-3 million voters, after eliminating
corporate and other non-personal entities in the BIR lists.

The undesirable result of creating a voting cabal within a broader citizenship
is greater disconnection between the broad citizenry served and the
elected officeholders who serve them.

But yes, it might be nice to screen the electorate for idiots.
Another route might be to better screen the candidates, but that
would require major legislation, and the sitting idio--- err, I mean
the present officeholders won't bite.

This is why Rizal, et. al. were saying we weren't ready...
Bad enough that we aren't smart enough to vote for (or supply) worthy
candidates. We don't even have the patriotism to value our vote.
Today's bases for voting are regionalism and personal cultus/celebrity.

h.

mikey177
01-15-2007, 18:15
...We have no one but ourselves to blame for the government we have. We thus have no one but ourselves to blame for the laws we endure...

My wife and I moved to the province two years ago, and although we were skeptical about the integrity of the electoral process, we still went to the local Comelec office last month to apply for transfer of voter records so we could vote where we are living and help make a change in our area of influence.

The old saying that all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to sit by and do nothing still holds true.

mikey177
01-15-2007, 18:23
...Today's bases for voting are regionalism and personal cultus/celebrity...

It's going to be difficult to reorient the way Filipinos choose their candidates, since the trend you mentioned starts as early as grade school. In the private school where our kids go to, they have yearly elections for the Student Council, so I asked my son what the platform of the candidates were. He looked at me as if I were speaking a foreign language. My curiosity piqued, I attended the "grand rally" wherein the two contending parties were presented to the voting populace.

I was saddened to learn that the candidates gave very short token speeches with motherhood statements like "we will improve the blah, blah, blah of the school," while the better part of the program was devoted to the song and dance routines that the candidates had been practicing for for several weeks. So it seems that even our kids are being trained to assess a candidate on his popularity, how close he is to you (personal relationships), and how good an entertainer he is :sad:

kamelot
01-16-2007, 02:19
Originally posted by darwin25
And not all who owns guns are pro-gun. There are many holier than thou types who thinks they are the only ones who can, and who should be trusted around guns.

And who was this actor who was quoted AFAICT that he believes in the Anti Gun Movement as long as he has his gun and was allowed his permit to carry?:sad:

toxic
01-16-2007, 02:28
[QUOTE]Originally posted by horge
I was in NAMFREL since the Batasan elections (before Cory ran)
up until recently. Your refusal to register and vote makes
COMELEC's job easier: ...easier for them to rig the election.

At least check muna whether your name is still on the list of
registered voters or not. If it still is, you'd better vote, or
someone else will use your "ballot" for you, inserting it in the
COC at the municipal/regional level.

[B]it did happen to me during the last election di nako nagclerk due to fast experiences but went home to campaign for a relative.
When i went to the precint to vote , someone already used my name , i was told to go to Comelec to verify and to submit my voters ID , na cleared but i didnt voted and made a statement by tearing the ballot in front of the poll chairman ng precint , told her magkano ba bayad sa inyo dyan at di nyo nacheckek kung sino tunay na botante., even told her i was a clerk before and wala akong pinalulusot na flying voter during my time as clerk ,i almost went to jail for that buti na lang i know the one of Marines who where guarding the poll.
From then on i gave up and dont want to be a part of that Sinakulo anymore. after that day i felt sorry for the poll chairman baka naman kako dun sa municipyo na rigged yung name ko.

P.S.: If you can't find candidates worth voting for, then run yourself.
running ..ayoko na paguluhin buhay ko..magulo na nga yung families ng relative ko due to politics..No offence Sir Horge but who knows maybe maiba ang ihip ng hangin when i come home for good..just like tha saying says "IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT ,DO IT YOURSELF"

At the moment i dont want to be a part of the whole Chibang (if you will) im sure no one will miss my vote ..you are right ,there is no one to blame but us and i wont vote cuz i dont want to blame myself further.

On Jasonub comment Only taxpayers should vote..thats the logical thing to do... BUT.... the politicians whould not allowed that cuz majority of the people who the politician can manipulate are the ones not paying tax yung madaling utuin..sila pa yung haharang harang at sisigaw sigaw sa kalsada.

My POV might not be taken lightly but im just fed up , im not againts anyone.

You can all go out and exercise the Right to Vote , ill just exercise mine Not to, just choose the ones you think will change our country for the better.

Pardon the letters, i dont know bakit may Bold letters yung iba.