Conservation (DNR) officer question. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Conservation (DNR) officer question.

zizzer600
01-13-2007, 12:04
Question: Are DNR officers considered "peace officers"? Do you need to inform them of your CPL like you do with the police.

Warhorse
01-13-2007, 16:13
Yes they are.

COBRA90GT
01-16-2007, 09:13
Make sure you have your fishing license. :supergrin:

Adams454
01-16-2007, 09:38
Every one I've ever met seems to be a little more in tune to things like that. Most of the time they talk to someone they are out in the woods alone, that means they know everyone possibly has a gun, they have no backup nearby, and they have no intention of not going home. They always ask me three questions, How ya doin? Do you have a gun? and where is the gun? Once it's secured (i.e. out of my reach or in his reach) They've all been really cool about everything else. I personally would not risk having one see a gun he didnt know about in advance. I even got a ticket one night for taking an undersized bass, while my 44spc was in his back pocket. when he was done he told me to load it back up after I got down the road, because he didnt want a person to be unarmed on his account. A street cop is different, he can tell you to back away and call backup.

MIch_Packer
02-01-2007, 06:13
If you are on the Great Lakes you need to remember that Coast Guard is also LEO.

Usually, when I tell them I'm armed they just ask if I have a permit and that's the end of it.

I'm in St. Joseph and they inspect a lot of vessels so I get boarded once a year and stopped several times.