new crv [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : new crv

MR_BIG
01-14-2007, 04:56
i was looking for a 2006 model, but when i saw this on the net, told myself i can wait a few months, base model yata nila is 2.4L, 166hp, drive by wire na, yummy

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2006/09/2007_honda_crv_.html

HEAVY
01-14-2007, 05:13
oh, wow!

i'm a crv owner myself. this new one rocks!

anlupet ng lines!

uh, watchumean drive by wire? :blondmoment:

toxic
01-14-2007, 05:45
Originally posted by HEAVY
oh, wow!

i'm a crv owner myself. this new one rocks!

anlupet ng lines!

uh, watchumean drive by wire? :blondmoment:

Automatik..papindot pindot lang

dont want to spoil your fun guys, but CRV's a_ _ got kick by Nissan Patrol on 4x4 trial in UK..but who would drive a CRV in Muddy roads anyway.

nelany
01-14-2007, 06:23
Mag kano kaya ito!! Hanep sa ganda!

isuzu
01-14-2007, 19:04
Originally posted by toxic
Automatik..papindot pindot lang

dont want to spoil your fun guys, but CRV's a_ _ got kick by Nissan Patrol on 4x4 trial in UK..but who would drive a CRV in Muddy roads anyway.

The old CRVs had better suspension. Multi link. I don't know with the newer ones. The old Civics had expensive multi-links, but the new ones are just the simple strut.

I've seen one of the new CRVs and there's just not enough space at the back than the 2nd gen CRV.

By fly-by-wire, could be that the throttle control is already electronic (like the ones used in F1), and not cable. Okay lang until it breaks down. I believe that that cable throttle is a lot cheaper to maintain.

toxic
01-15-2007, 00:27
Have you guys checked the Hyundai Tucson. Tucson is less expensive.

antediluvianist
01-15-2007, 05:12
I have a CR-V model 2002 which I will be selling later this year.

They are good cars - good looks and good acceleration - but you gotta get the parts from the casa and the parts are mahal !

My next SUV will be a Toyota or a Mitsubishi or some other brand where the parts are not just available at the casa.

Allegra
01-15-2007, 05:41

I think it's the ala x5 goodlooks that attracts people to the crv :)

deenoh
01-15-2007, 06:13

Panalo rin sa looks department for me yun Hyundai Santa Fe. A friend of mine na writer sa C! Magazine recommends the Santa Fe na diesel.

toxic
01-15-2007, 06:28
Thats another good choice Deenoh, Santa Fe's are less expensive and bigger (i think)than the New Tucson and has a larger luggage compartment plus much road clearance or lower center of gravity meaning faster.

Mr. Big if you are really decided to go for the CRV keep us posted , maybe the CRV 2007 has some modifications that makes it a better SUV among its competitions and maybe the parts can be easily available not just in casa as Sir Ante said.

MR_BIG
01-15-2007, 08:52
i think the price is 1.050m, ive talked to our friend bout the reservation, mukhang marami nang nag papareserve..

bagito
01-15-2007, 13:41
Originally posted by deenoh
Panalo rin sa looks department for me yun Hyundai Santa Fe. A friend of mine na writer sa C! Magazine recommends the Santa Fe na diesel.

or the KIA Sorrento

deenoh
01-15-2007, 16:57
Originally posted by bagito
or the KIA Sorrento

+1 bagito. Ok rin yun Sorrento

revo
01-15-2007, 18:29
There are only three car makes in the world - Lexus, Toyota and others.

After Lexus and Toyota,the rest does not matter.

hehe

isuzu
01-15-2007, 19:31
Originally posted by antediluvianist
I have a CR-V model 2002 which I will be selling later this year.

They are good cars - good looks and good acceleration - but you gotta get the parts from the casa and the parts are mahal !

My next SUV will be a Toyota or a Mitsubishi or some other brand where the parts are not just available at the casa.

Young Auto Supply with office along Dominga Street, Pasay (it's actually within the border of Pasay and Malate), sells some Honda parts. Their sister company, Genuine Mercantile Corp. in Bacolod was able to supply my friend two rear hub assemblies when the bearings of his Civic failed because he installed 16" rims on them. They were still expensive. The bearings came sealed in hubs, unlike other vehicles where you only change the bearings and still use the hubs.

No wonder why Honda would automatically void the vehicle's drivetrain and suspension warranty when you use a different size tire. Their bearings as well as suspension couldn't simply handle bigger wheels.

chocoboy
01-15-2007, 19:33
Originally posted by MR_BIG
i think the price is 1.050m, ive talked to our friend bout the reservation, mukhang marami nang nag papareserve..

1.050m lang yung CRV? Yung Rav4 na bago nga is 1.6m. Alam ko magka level sila ah? I may be wrong though. Just bought a new CRDi Tucson, just waiting for it. Na-test drive ko na before buying it... not bad for its price. 112 horsepower pero parang malakas sa arangkada n overtake. Not bad for city and everyday driving. Tipid pa kasi diesel.

Ok rin yung Santa Fe... di hamak na mas maganda and mas malaki sa Tucson. I think direct competitor of Toyota Fortuner. Kung ako, dun na ko sa Santa Fe. Same Price (1.6m) and ang layo ng ginanda ng interior compared to Fortuner. Fortuner = Innova na iniba ang Body :)

isuzu
01-15-2007, 19:37
Originally posted by deenoh

I hope the Hyundai Sonata would also be offered there. They're assembled in a new plant in Alabama. I've tried the V6, and it's so quiet; you don't realize that the engine is running until you take a look at the tachometer. It's got more standard features than an Accord or a Camry. Same with the Azera.

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/sonata/sonata.aspx

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/azera/azera.aspx

MR_BIG
01-15-2007, 20:45
Originally posted by chocoboy
1.050m lang yung CRV? Yung Rav4 na bago nga is 1.6m. Alam ko magka level sila ah? I may be wrong though. Just bought a new CRDi Tucson, just waiting for it. Na-test drive ko na before buying it... not bad for its price. 112 horsepower pero parang malakas sa arangkada n overtake. Not bad for city and everyday driving. Tipid pa kasi diesel.

Ok rin yung Santa Fe... di hamak na mas maganda and mas malaki sa Tucson. I think direct competitor of Toyota Fortuner. Kung ako, dun na ko sa Santa Fe. Same Price (1.6m) and ang layo ng ginanda ng interior compared to Fortuner. Fortuner = Innova na iniba ang Body :)

we will see nxt week, i give updates about the price, pag tinaasan nila wala na silang panlaban sa entry level SUV/MPV (innova, escape, everest at x-trail etc)...yung bagong rav4 is not anymore considered entry level.