All local 1911 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : All local 1911

kontra
01-16-2007, 17:18
Guys,

I recently bought an armscor tactical hicap 45. I want it to be all local parts. Can you suggest any brand and shop (price na dn kung meron) that sells:
- skeletonized trigger
- spring guide
- snag free sights (not really into the bomar style sights)
- bull barrel (armscor is good, but always out of stock)
- spare mag (standard length, not extended like what came with the gun)

Thanks!

btw, 2007 gunshow schedule

http://www.tradeshow.com.ph/html/events.html

jimbullet
01-16-2007, 17:23
Why do you want to go local on all parts anyway? There are some internal parts that are manufactured better by foreign performance firms.

9MX
01-16-2007, 17:27
Originally posted by kontra
Guys,

I recently bought an armscor tactical hicap 45. I want it to be all local parts. Can you suggest any brand and shop (price na dn kung meron) that sells:
- skeletonized trigger - col bayang/metrillo
- spring guide
- snag free sights (not really into the bomar style sights) - metrillo siguro
- bull barrel (armscor is good, but always out of stock)-SAM pero mas okay ang armscor
- spare mag (standard length, not extended like what came with the gun)- chip mcormick, look for laiza pag may match

Thanks!

btw, 2007 gunshow schedule

http://www.tradeshow.com.ph/html/events.html

kung gusto mo all local, punta ka kay tony pascual. %100 all local, halos kapresyo ng imported

kontra
01-16-2007, 17:33
thanks for the inputs (akala ko ako lang ang maaga mag internet,meron pa pala iba)

I just want to see if our local products can match up with the imported brands. anyway, do you advise against all local? am i out of my mind to think that the performance can be comparable to imported parts? i'm open to suggestions...

zorkd
01-16-2007, 19:41
it's not so much as anybody perhaps would say that local parts are junk it is just that, sometimes...for a similar price you can get well known brand name parts that are made elsewhere.

the thing is, local parts need to price their products a bit more competitively if they are to penetrate the market, i mean, ibawas man lang nila ang cost of shipping, dapat mas mura na. kung sa metallurgy lang, i think pinoy engineers know as much as engineers from other countries, at least with regards to existing alloys and their use, investment casting, armscor seems to do a pretty good job but until they put a lifetime warranty on their guns, i am not about to buy a 1911 from them.

Valor1
01-16-2007, 19:52
Originally posted by zorkd
it's not so much as anybody perhaps would say that local parts are junk it is just that, sometimes...for a similar price you can get well known brand name parts that are made elsewhere.

the thing is, local parts need to price their products a bit more competitively if they are to penetrate the market, i mean, ibawas man lang nila ang cost of shipping, dapat mas mura na. kung sa metallurgy lang, i think pinoy engineers know as much as engineers from other countries, at least with regards to existing alloys and their use, investment casting, armscor seems to do a pretty good job but until they put a lifetime warranty on their guns, i am not about to buy a 1911 from them.

agree. kaya urong sulong ako sa Armscor e. Sumasama lang ang loob ko dahil pareho lang ang price dito at sa US. Wala namang shipping at customs na babayaran dito. saka yung mga parts laging walang stock at di alam kung kelan magkakaroon.

At higit sa lahat, bad trip yang warranty issue. once they give lifetime warranties, siguro bibili na rin ako

kontra
01-16-2007, 20:16
well, if that is the case, i would be forced to abandon my "all local" project. i would enjoy it as is out of the box for the meantime.

by the way, for a brief range report:
- the sights are off. low & left.
- 2 ftf out of 50rnds (was remedied by my brother, after that, no more ftf)
- plastic grips are not that impressive, cant find a kamagong grip for the hicap
- really have to put pressure or hit the mag to properly seat it
- overall performance i find it ok just need to replace the sights

HEAVY
01-16-2007, 20:37
i have 2 1911's that use mostly local parts.

i ss and 1 hicap.

both are armscor-based guns :

local ang frame, slide, barrel, barrl busing, hammer, fp, ambi safety, magwells, mainspring housing, guide rods, slide release, front sights.

ang hindi local beavertail grip safety(pero pwede din ito local), trigger, barrel link, sear, sear spring, lahat ng springs.

none of the local parts i've used are inferior to the branded/imported parts, as far as my experience goes.

except for the springs, the imported parts i used are there because i like the way they look, not because they are better than the local parts.

it gives me a certain satisfaction that the gun i use is pinoy made, mostly.

it would be a good case study if you can build an all local gun, para ma-prove natin kung inferior nga talaga ang pinoy-made parts, or which pinoy parts are inferior para yun na lang ang iwasan natin, yung maganda at matibay, pwede natin tangkilikin.

good luck on you project, bro.

:thumbsup:

darwin25
01-16-2007, 20:57

by the way, for a brief range report:

- 2 ftf out of 50rnds (was remedied by my brother, after that, no more ftf)
- plastic grips are not that impressive, cant find a kamagong grip for the hicap
- overall performance i find it ok just need to replace the sights

Maybe due to flinching. Shooting low and left are classic signs of flinching. Mostly the shooter's fault, not the gun's.

That's the way with 1911s. I think most pistols are recommended that you slam the magazine hard.

kontra
01-16-2007, 22:39
Originally posted by HEAVY

it would be a good case study if you can build an all local gun, para ma-prove natin kung inferior nga talaga ang pinoy-made parts, or which pinoy parts are inferior para yun na lang ang iwasan natin, yung maganda at matibay, pwede natin tangkilikin.

exactly my sentiments...just wanted to prove to myself that local parts can be compared with the imported ones.

kontra
01-16-2007, 22:44
Originally posted by darwin25
Maybe due to flinching. Shooting low and left are classic signs of flinching. Mostly the shooter's fault, not the gun's.

That's the way with 1911s. I think most pistols are recommended that you slam the magazine hard.

i got the proper sighting when i align the rear sight on the slide itself not the front sight for the vertical and the front sight halfway out the rear sight for the lateral. not what i usually do with my other pistols. then again, it could be me and still not having the "feel" with the 1911.

for the mag, maybe i just got used to my usp40 & g19 where in i dont need to slam them

mtho
01-16-2007, 22:58
Originally posted by 9MX
kung gusto mo all local, punta ka kay tony pascual. %100 all local, halos kapresyo ng imported

minsan mas mahal pa.yung ibang parts nya kapresyo ng imported na parts na binebenta dito. pag bumili ka ng parts sa us mas mura pa kesa sa mga parts nya.

Pa fabricate ka nalang ke Col.Bayang,Metrillo or TonyO. Mas sulit kung gusto mo ng Local

mc_oliver
01-17-2007, 02:49
Originally posted by 9MX
:animlol:

kontra
01-17-2007, 02:53
Originally posted by mtho
Pa fabricate ka nalang ke Col.Bayang,Metrillo or TonyO. Mas sulit kung gusto mo ng Local

if Col. Bayang can fabricate the sights and guide rod, then i will be seeing him after the gun ban. i have my sights in Col. Bayang and Metrillo.

thanks for the inputs.

MRV_G17
01-17-2007, 03:29
Originally posted by mc_oliver
:animlol:
mga brod, sino bang gunsmith ang mura tumaga... este, sumingil pala :)

nagbabalak din ako magproject ng 1911 eh.

mtho
01-17-2007, 07:26
if Col. Bayang can fabricate the sights and guide rod, then i will be seeing him after the gun ban. i have my sights in Col. Bayang and Metrillo.

thanks for the inputs.

hindi ba novak style na yung rear sights ng armscor? alam ko meron silang gawa na parang novak baka mas mura kung bibilhin mo nalang sa armscor yung rear sights. yung front sight na fiber optic usually around 1,500 siguro.baka pwede rin imodify yung front sights mo para makatipid ng konti.
si metrillo meron gawang recoilbuster, its a 3 spring system in place of the guide rod.you might want to look at before deciding kesa ma doble gastos mo kung pabagobago isip mo.

mtho
01-17-2007, 07:30
i have 2 1911's that use mostly local parts.

i ss and 1 hicap.

both are armscor-based guns :

local ang frame, slide, barrel, barrl busing, hammer, fp, ambi safety, magwells, mainspring housing, guide rods, slide release, front sights.

ang hindi local beavertail grip safety(pero pwede din ito local), trigger, barrel link, sear, sear spring, lahat ng springs.

none of the local parts i've used are inferior to the branded/imported parts, as far as my experience goes.

except for the springs, the imported parts i used are there because i like the way they look, not because they are better than the local parts.

good luck on you project, bro.

palagay ko kaya sagutin ni Mco yung tanung nyo, tanung nyo anong parts yung tumagal sa kalikot nya yun na yung sagot:thumbsup:

toxic
01-17-2007, 08:05
You might consider yung RIA , gawang local but for International market.

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/review/RIA.htm

mtho
01-17-2007, 08:19
armscor din yung RIA diba?

HEAVY
01-17-2007, 08:44
armscor din yung RIA diba?

yes sir. twin pines owns the brand, armscor manufactures it.

toxic
01-17-2007, 09:17
yes sir. twin pines owns the brand, armscor manufactures it.

ditto

mc_oliver
01-17-2007, 11:10
I'm holding my breath 'till my lab results come in so I'll make it short; the only things that really need replacement is the GI beavertail, crappy sights and locally-made sears. Of the 3, you need to ensure that your sear doesn't shatter, so go premium.

mtho
01-17-2007, 11:55
GI ba yung baril mo? Yung practical series ng armscor naka novak sights na ata

kontra
01-17-2007, 15:52
I have the tactical series. yes, the rear sights are the novak style, but i'm not impressed with how its made. i will look at the recoil buster by metrillo, anybody knows the price?

any other suggestions for the parts that i should look out for or prepare to replace in the near future? i also plan to change to bull barrel by armscor, any idea how much fiiting / gunsmithing will cost for metrillo & col. bayang?

Valor1
01-17-2007, 17:10
minsan mas mahal pa.yung ibang parts nya kapresyo ng imported na parts na binebenta dito. pag bumili ka ng parts sa us mas mura pa kesa sa mga parts nya.

nakakatawa nga nito e nakakaloko pa itong si Tony Pascual. Galing kasi ng pitch parang minsan sinabi nya e design engineer daw siya e dati lang syang assembler ng Armscor.

there is nothing wrong in buying Pinoy parts kaya lang talagang minsan yung ibang parts e walang panama sa ibang imported (like S-7 tool steel hammer and sear na wala namang local version pa). parang hanggang ngayon ay wala pa akong local biscuit na pwedeng itapat sa lasa ng chips ahoy.

henry silos
01-17-2007, 23:48
bro huwag kang bumili ng mga local, kapwa mo filipino niloloko tayo overprice mga yan sa states, when they bring their goods may handling and shipping plus taxes pa tapos labas ay pareho presyo dito

HEAVY
01-18-2007, 00:41
Originally posted by henry silos
bro huwag kang bumili ng mga local, kapwa mo filipino niloloko tayo overprice mga yan sa states, when they bring their goods may handling and shipping plus taxes pa tapos labas ay pareho presyo dito

and i'm not sure i understand the post completely.

kontra
01-18-2007, 02:11
??? i cant seem to get the idea or the message. sa maynila ho yung baril at dun din ako bibili ng pyesa.

Alexii
01-18-2007, 02:35
I wonder kung pareho ang quality ng Armscor pistols na binebenta dito kumpara sa binebenta sa US. This was a main consideration for me when I bought a 1911 a few years back.

toxic
01-18-2007, 03:19
Originally posted by Alexii
I wonder kung pareho ang quality ng Armscor pistols na binebenta dito kumpara sa binebenta sa US. This was a main consideration for me when I bought a 1911 a few years back.

i would guess medyo low quality yung binebenta sa Phils , mas strict and well trained ang quality Control Checkers sa ibang lugar. Sa atin, karamihan sa kabilang bakog lang naitrained .

and mas uso demandahan about consumer rights (like sa States) sa atin maraming di nakakaalam ng cunsomer rights so palagay ko double standard.

Punisher_nbi45
01-18-2007, 04:11
Kontra,

I can see where you're coming from, but I would go with the wise advice of just buying the name brand parts. Sadly, because of the price of local made parts that rivals the foreign-name brands, I'd just pay the little extra and go for the brand name stuff.

Another way to put it, don't look at it as being a question of buying local versus buying imported. I'm all for supporting our local industries, but I think the more significant question here is what would you bet your life on. At least, that is the way I look at it, YMMV. Whether it's work, play, or something in between, your firearm, first and foremost, is a tool that can help you get out of hairy situations when you happen to face them. Wouldn't you be more at ease and concentrate more on tactics if you are confident that you're firearm is good-to-go and won't fail you in a crunch?

Eventually, you will have to make the choice based on your own personal circumstances, my best advice is that you make sure that you make your decisions based on the context on what you will use your firearm for.

Stay safe!

:hugs:

tagaykoyan
01-18-2007, 04:43
haven't you noticed some of the branded 1911 parts sold in gunshops? yung lalagyan eh either resealable na plastic or ini-stapler yung carton label? parang andali lang palitan ng fake, specially these parts na generic ang itsura.

sa galing ng chinese manufacturers ngayon sisiw lang gayahin itong mga 'to. for example, i was advised by the honda casa na honda spare parts sold sa tabi tabi ay halos kapareho na ng original, pati kahon. as in. you have to check the control # para lang ma-verify yung fake. and these are high-tech auto parts...

pano kung recoil spring plug lang...:sad:

kontra
01-18-2007, 04:56
thanks for all the inputs and insights. i still have the luxury of time to think it over (because of the gun ban). as of the moment, the pistol will only be used for plinking & funshoots. no serious role for it, not yet. if the price of going all local is almost the same as branded/imported ones, i will buy the imported instead. more value for money.

Punisher_nbi45
01-18-2007, 05:00
Originally posted by tagaykoyan
haven't you noticed some of the branded 1911 parts sold in gunshops? yung lalagyan eh either resealable na plastic or ini-stapler yung carton label? parang andali lang palitan ng fake, specially these parts na generic ang itsura.

sa galing ng chinese manufacturers ngayon sisiw lang gayahin itong mga 'to. for example, i was advised by the honda casa na honda spare parts sold sa tabi tabi ay halos kapareho na ng original, pati kahon. as in. you have to check the control # para lang ma-verify yung fake. and these are high-tech auto parts...

pano kung recoil spring plug lang...:sad:

That's why I buy from stores that I trust and have had good experiences with.

As I've said before in other threads, bilib ako sa Pinoy sa pagbuo ng baril. I have to tip my hat off to American manufacturers, though, especially the reputable ones who make high-quality parts. When you buy high quality parts, you're not just buying the brand name, you're buying the experience, materials, and the technology used to make that part.

As for the stores to buy from, Twin Pines is a good place to start, they have a good selection.

tagaykoyan
01-18-2007, 19:03
Originally posted by Punisher_nbi45
That's why I buy from stores that I trust and have had good experiences with.

As I've said before in other threads, bilib ako sa Pinoy sa pagbuo ng baril. I have to tip my hat off to American manufacturers, though, especially the reputable ones who make high-quality parts. When you buy high quality parts, you're not just buying the brand name, you're buying the experience, materials, and the technology used to make that part.

As for the stores to buy from, Twin Pines is a good place to start, they have a good selection.

i think a long term analysis/testing of local vs imported parts is due. kasi as far as 1911 parts are concerned, these are based on a 96-year old design that almost all part makers adhere to. magkakatalo na lang sa metallurgy.