Installing Husband 1.0 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Installing Husband 1.0

kcb
01-16-2007, 21:17
Ladies,

I was about to sign off for the night but checked my e-mail. One of my best girlfriends just sent me this. I thought it was perfect to share here in the Women's Issues with ya'll! Now, I know we have a few brave men that dare to venture here.

I hope this makes you laugh! I thought it was cute!

:rofl: :thumbsup:

INSTALLING HUSBAND

Dear Tech Support,

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a
distinct slow down in overall system performance -- particularly in the
flower and jewelry applications, which operated flawlessly under
Boyfriend 5.0.

In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such
as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5 and then installed undesirable
programs such as NFL 5.0, NBA 3.0, and Golf Clubs 4.1. Conversation 8.0
no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. I've
tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail.

What can I do?

Signed, Desperate
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Desperate:

First keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment Package, while
Husband 1.0 is an Operating System. Please enter the command: "http: I
Thought You Loved Me.html" and try to download Tears 6.2 and don't
forget to install the Guilt 3.0 update. If that application works as
designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications
Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.

But remember, overuse of the above application can cause Husband 1.0 to
default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0 or Beer 6.1. Beer 6.1 is a
very bad program that will download the Snoring Loudly Beta.

Whatever you do, DO NOT install Mother-in-law 1.0 (it runs a virus in
the background that will eventually seize control of all your system
resources). Also, do not attempt to reinstall the Boyfriend 5.0 program.
These are unsupported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited
memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider
buying additional software to improve memory and performance. We
recommend Food 3.0 and Hot Lingerie 7.7 .

Good Luck, Tech Support

Dinky
01-16-2007, 21:24
<--------Not a husband, but I do think it is cute:hugs:

tous
01-17-2007, 06:49
Sure, make fun of the mens.

You'll want us when you done does needs to done did kill a spider, you will. :wavey:

Lynn D
01-17-2007, 07:48
Originally posted by tous

You'll want us when you done does needs to done did kill a spider, you will. :wavey:

Don't done did do need a mens for spider squishing.....Birkenstock!

:animlol:

kcb
01-17-2007, 09:28
Originally posted by tous

I'm not saying I don't need my husband!

However, the argument you present is but a weak one! :animlol:

My husband is NEVER enthusiastic when I call for him to kill a spider; his LEAST favorite is when I tell him that we have another LIZARD that found his way into the house. "Well, leave him alone! He'll eat all the spiders you want me to kill!!"

Awww, Yes! My hero!!!

:animlol: :animlol: :animlol:

sweetatergal
01-19-2007, 14:33
My friend emailed it to me and I got a good laugh out of it! I have no fear of squashing a spider myself and neither do my girls.

Karen, you said that you find lizards in you home.....my mom found a snake once curled up on top of the curtin rod in her living room. Now I would call my hubby for that. Luckly it was not a dangerous snake, but scared the crap outta her!!!! :shocked:

kcb
01-19-2007, 18:40
Originally posted by sweetatergal
My friend emailed it to me and I got a good laugh out of it! I have no fear of squashing a spider myself and neither do my girls.

Karen, you said that you find lizards in you home.....my mom found a snake once curled up on top of the curtin rod in her living room. Now I would call my hubby for that. Luckly it was not a dangerous snake, but scared the crap outta her!!!! :shocked:

I've heard many horror stories about snakes in houses here! So far, no snakes in my house, thank Good Lord above!

We have Chameleons that heavily populate any area here where you have plants. They look like small lizards and they change color to match their environment. I promise, I have actually had them standing at my front door when guests arrive and they love to sneak in with them!

When our Chihuahuas all lived at home, one of them loved to chase them. In our backyard, there were many "tailless Chameloens" because Daisy would grab them! She'd run them out of the house, too.
Our male Chihuahua was scared to death of them!!!

My mom tells me to just let them be free! Hubby hates them, but he takes care of them when he has to for me! (I always LET him handle them if I can!)

I've caught my share and sent them on their way! (Same with bugs and spiders!)

There's a mini Jurassic Park around my pool!

:rofl: :rofl:

sweetatergal
01-22-2007, 10:00
Originally posted by kcb
I've heard many horror stories about snakes in houses here! So far, no snakes in my house, thank Good Lord above!

We have Chameleons that heavily populate any area here where you have plants. They look like small lizards and they change color to match their environment. I promise, I have actually had them standing at my front door when guests arrive and they love to sneak in with them!

When our Chihuahuas all lived at home, one of them loved to chase them. In our backyard, there were many "tailless Chameloens" because Daisy would grab them! She'd run them out of the house, too.
Our male Chihuahua was scared to death of them!!!

My mom tells me to just let them be free! Hubby hates them, but he takes care of them when he has to for me! (I always LET him handle them if I can!)

I've caught my share and sent them on their way! (Same with bugs and spiders!)

There's a mini Jurassic Park around my pool!

:rofl: :rofl:

Oh, I also forgot to add....My mom has a problem w/ tree frogs getting into the house as well. She had them when I was still at home and it would just startle you to come into a dark house and flip on the light and a tree frog be sitting there on the wall. One night ( and this was maybe a year or two ago), My mom got up to to to the bathroom in the middle of the night and all of a sudden felt something cold on the back of her leg. It was one of those darn tree frogs!!! She had not bothered to turn the lights on. I'm sure it scared the tar outta her!!! But we get a good laugh outta it now!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kcb
01-23-2007, 16:13
Originally posted by sweetatergal
Oh, I also forgot to add....My mom has a problem w/ tree frogs getting into the house as well. She had them when I was still at home and it would just startle you to come into a dark house and flip on the light and a tree frog be sitting there on the wall. One night ( and this was maybe a year or two ago), My mom got up to to to the bathroom in the middle of the night and all of a sudden felt something cold on the back of her leg. It was one of those darn tree frogs!!! She had not bothered to turn the lights on. I'm sure it scared the tar outta her!!! But we get a good laugh outta it now!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TREE FROGS!!! :animlol: :animlol: :animlol:

There's another story for ya!

When I was a teenager, we use to go to church retreats with our youth group. One time we went, the tree frogs were plaguing the place.

There was material there for a horror movie, I'm telling you. Taking a shower was a real thriller. You'd think you shewd them all out but while washing your hair, you'd look up at the spout and there would be more of them, ready to jump on you.

Never felt clean, the whole time we were there! There were many screams coming from the girls shower as we all played tricks on each other over those stupid Tree Frogs!

:animlol: :animlol: :animlol:

:alex:

Kilroy
01-23-2007, 19:40
Originally posted by Lynn D
.....Birkenstock!

Gesundheit!!

austinglock
01-25-2007, 09:59
That is great! I am going to forward it to my husband & friends!

WIG19
01-26-2007, 09:52
Originally posted by kcb
Now, I know we have a few brave men that dare to venture here.

I hope this makes you laugh! I thought it was cute!
Yep Karen, I'm one of those; that's a riot!

With your permission that's going out to the rest of my IT colleagues, peering from the edges of their cubicles like so many groundhogs in need of a 55gr V-Max. :shocked:

This should liven up the day; please extend my thanks to your friend. Any guy that can't laugh at this needs a RE-BOOT!
:rofl:

:patriot:

kcb
01-26-2007, 18:23
Originally posted by WIG19
Yep Karen, I'm one of those; that's a riot!

With your permission that's going out to the rest of my IT colleagues, peering from the edges of their cubicles like so many groundhogs in need of a 55gr V-Max. :shocked:

This should liven up the day; please extend my thanks to your friend. Any guy that can't laugh at this needs a RE-BOOT!

:patriot:

I'm so happy you enjoyed it! I accomplished what I had hoped if you did!

Feel free to share it! It doesn't belong to me; it was sent to me to share! Share away!!!

:thumbsup: :wavey:

Lady27
01-27-2007, 07:28
But unlike computer programs husbands get better and better with time.(The good ones) Mine is very romantic.

As for spiders: I can kill those myself. But I don't fix things around the house very well and do not understand how a vehicle works. I am sure glad he fixes things.

kcb
01-27-2007, 20:50
Originally posted by Lady27
But unlike computer programs husbands get better and better with time.(The good ones) Mine is very romantic.

As for spiders: I can kill those myself. But I don't fix things around the house very well and do not understand how a vehicle works. I am sure glad he fixes things.

Sounds like you got one like mine!!!

I am also blessed that he has a great sense of humor, and he loves to laugh with me. He can laugh at himself...I can laugh at myself.

Hopefully, we have both gotten better with time....we'll celebrate 28 years of marriage in April. Both of our daughters married good men in 2006, so we are having fun beginning again right now!

Congratulations!

He laughed at this as much as I did!!!

:thumbsup:

MJC
01-30-2007, 13:52
I am a husband, one trip of 36 years. I think the original post is pretty funny! Thanks for sharing.

Lady27
01-30-2007, 14:19
Originally posted by kcb
Sounds like you got one like mine!!!

I am also blessed that he has a great sense of humor, and he loves to laugh with me. He can laugh at himself...I can laugh at myself.

Hopefully, we have both gotten better with time....we'll celebrate 28 years of marriage in April. Both of our daughters married good men in 2006, so we are having fun beginning again right now!

Congratulations!

He laughed at this as much as I did!!!

:thumbsup:

I am glad for you as well. Twenty eight years is great!

We have daughters too.(four of them) The oldest is twenty, so they aren't all that old and none are married yet......That will cost, won't it. Anyway, it does all happen fast, so I guess we will get to that point.