Good news on boat spaces [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Good news on boat spaces

blubottlemax
01-18-2007, 13:14
As part of the plan to increase Marine Corps manpower levels, Boat spaces have been eliminated. This is GREAT news for those who want to re-enlist and keep there current MOS, and for those who wish to try and become Marines, you shouldn't have to worry about your requested MOS filling up early in the year. :thumbsup:

Kingslayer
01-18-2007, 15:50
How is this going to effect reenlistment bonuses?

blubottlemax
01-18-2007, 16:54
I really don't know. I imagine they are still going to base your multiple on current manpower levels in your MOS. Just my personal opinion, but I would not expect this open ended, no boat spaces program to last beyond a year or two. The Marine Corps certainly does not want everyone joining into 1 or 2 MOS's and having too many people in that field. I'm certain further guidance will come out later to grow the Corps in the right direction. I think this news is best for those who would have been told "sure you can stay in, but your going to have to change your primary MOS to do so, or get out".

Bonk
01-28-2007, 07:59
That's also going to push the cutting scores in the slow-promoting MOS's even higher, particularly with the lower enlisted ranks being populated by qualified combat vets, and will really increase the number of hashmark lance corporals running around. Just my ignorant opinion. ;)