Northern Colorado Shops/ Indoor Range [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Northern Colorado Shops/ Indoor Range

PP914
01-18-2007, 23:29
Members in the FtCollins/Loveland/Greeley area,

Some of youmay already know but I just found this out.

I have shopped at Jensen Arms in Loveland for about 5yrs. I put up w/ the bad service and gunshop commando antics of the staff for good prices and the decent selection of LEO gear. After tiring of Bob's and his staff's crappy service and their usual attitudes, I visited Hamblin in Ft Collins. I hadn't been there for a couple of years and I was surprised to see that they are now "Rocky Mountain Shooter's Supply".

They have always been friendly people and they now have the only public in-door range in Northern Colorado (at least the only one I know about). It's open to the public, has 8 lanes and has been open for about 9 months. They don't take reservations but you can drop in and pay by the hour or get a reduced rate by buying a membership. They have a decent selection of rental handguns too and are contemplating starting some leagues.

Personally, I will gladly pay a couple more dollars for more professional service or wait a few more days for shipping not to have to put up w/ Jensen's.

I am in no way associated with either business, just thought I'd share my "new" discovery and experiences in an attempt to save some of you some of my headaches.

regards.

codivecop
01-22-2007, 21:12
Have you shot at the range yet? I need to head up there and check it out!

PP914
01-23-2007, 06:38
No. I just looked at it through the small window behind the counter. Looked clean and new. I'll definitely be checking it out too. It's about time!

ETA: If I remember correctly, the rate was $18/hr w/o a membership (which is, I think, $170/yr +/-). I think it was $25 for two shooters to share a lane. You can bring your own targets or use theirs but I failed to ask about ammo (frangible/lead/etc.). I DO know you can buy ammo from them or bring your own so.........

brianwd
01-23-2007, 08:36
I pointed this out in a thread a few months ago but RMSS has a deal where you can test fire a pistol for a fee which goes towards the purchase of a gun. Thier also outside of the city limits so I believe you only pay county sales tax.

kuj
01-23-2007, 09:34
Affirmative on the "county sales tax only".

As for what what ammo they allow you to bring in, I was told they only forbid steel, tracers and "anything explosive".

Hourly rates with membership are $7 for member, or $10 for two to share one lane. Membership is $180/year. So you'll be ahead as a member if you go there once every 4 weeks (15x per year), or with a buddy/partner once a month.

And yes, they did match Jensen's price on a gun I bought there. Good people!

Lesh
02-02-2007, 14:44
Some of the people at Jensens are decent to work with, others not so much. I havn't seen Mike there in a while, but he has allways treated me well.

There does seem to be a different attitude there since they moved.

YMMV

coloradohunter
02-03-2007, 19:23
I don't have any solid info on this tidbit yet, but for I have been told that there is another indoor gun range going into one of the business parks just south of Wal-Mart in Loveland. Anyone else heard about this???

jim c
02-04-2007, 06:31
Originally posted by Lesh
Some of the people at Jensens are decent to work with, others not so much. I havn't seen Mike there in a while, but he has allways treated me well.

There does seem to be a different attitude there since they moved.

YMMV

little mike decided to do contract work overseas. i feel it depends on who you deal with. mike r and dave are good. they had a kid in there over the christmas holidaze. a question turned into a debate, regarding part fittment. not a good way to keep my business. but i guess he was "just helping out" their ammo prices are decent.

Otis Driftwood
02-04-2007, 14:07
RMSS has some radio spots that air on 1360AM. They advertise that they have one of the largest gun safe selections around. Is this true and what are the prices like? I'm in the market for one and have no idea where to look.

Otis Driftwood
02-04-2007, 15:30
Found their website: http://www.rmss.com/

:supergrin:

PP914
02-07-2007, 22:54
Originally posted by jim c
little mike decided to do contract work overseas. i feel it depends on who you deal with. mike r and dave are good. they had a kid in there over the christmas holidaze. a question turned into a debate, regarding part fittment. not a good way to keep my business. but i guess he was "just helping out" their ammo prices are decent.

I don't regularly shop for gun safes but I belive that's what their "specialty" is.

Jensen's: I agree w/ the above posters about "big Mike" (who is now "skinny Mike"). He was usually decent to deal with. And I miss Pat. However, Bob and little Mike are constantly fighting and are completely unprofessional...to the point that I wander why the F@$* they're carrying guns. Dave is hit and miss; probably due to the other two's attitudes. And the woman who used to work upstairs in the old store (perhaps Bob's wife or sister) is now on the floor and is completely ignorant and intolerable. The public in-fighting is discouraging to say the least. I used to be able to spend hours in the store, now I'm scared to go in.

Last time I was in, I tried, nonchelantly and low-key, to ask the woman if I could go behind the "LE Only" counter (not in uniform but have visited and bought so many things there, depending on their moods, they know I'm a cop). The woman shouts, "Are you a cop?!" I just nod my head and she gives me the ok. Christ, if I wanted everyone to know I was a cop, I would have called ahead, made a reservation, worn my uniform and made sure I made a scene when I entered.

They do have good prices on ammo though...

PP914
02-07-2007, 22:56
Originally posted by brianwd
I pointed this out in a thread a few months ago but RMSS has a deal where you can test fire a pistol for a fee which goes towards the purchase of a gun. Thier also outside of the city limits so I believe you only pay county sales tax.

That reminds me, the only issue I noticed was the rentals were very dirty (judging from the carbon on the muzzles).

coloradohunter
02-07-2007, 23:15
For those of you who miss Pat, he has a shop that's located right across the street from Jensen's old store on 4th Ave. It's been about a year since I have been in there but it's called PM Custom Pistols. It is located in the back of a little grocery store on the north side of the street. Just go in the front door and head on back. I think most of the shoppers are used to guys carrying gun cases into the place by know. For those of you who don't know Pat, he is a great guy and is always willing to work on whatever you bring in. He can also special order items for you if you have the time to wait. I have no facts of course, but I think he left Jensens for all the reasons we have discussed in this post already.

Tommy Vercetti
02-08-2007, 20:53
Originally posted by coloradohunter
For those of you who miss Pat, he has a shop that's located right across the street from Jensen's old store on 4th Ave. It's been about a year since I have been in there but it's called PM Custom Pistols. It is located in the back of a little grocery store on the north side of the street. Just go in the front door and head on back. I think most of the shoppers are used to guys carrying gun cases into the place by know. For those of you who don't know Pat, he is a great guy and is always willing to work on whatever you bring in. He can also special order items for you if you have the time to wait. I have no facts of course, but I think he left Jensens for all the reasons we have discussed in this post already.

Pat is the man responsible for turning me on to GLOCKS in the first place. I was strictly a Sig man before I met Pat. Nicest gunsmith you could ever hope to meet. I remember him once driving halfway to where I lived to return my Sig 229 Sport I had him reverse the extended mag release on. He did this for free, by the way. Now that's customer service.:thumbsup: As far as Jensens is concerned, I have patronized them since they were still in the hallway-like store in the mid to late 90's. Much better customer service back then IMO, however, I can't complain too much. At least they still recognize and acknowledge me whenever I go in to purchase ammo.:beer:

PP914
02-09-2007, 00:32
Pat is good people. He did my annual GLOCK inspections on my duty weapons before I went to Armorer's school.

I have it from a VERY reliable source that BOB has on several occasions accused certain employees/ex-employees of theft and skimming...

...I don't know if the accusations are true but some people can only put up with that crap for so long.

As stated, I would gladly return to Pat if the need should arise.

codivecop
02-12-2007, 22:28
I will say Pat is good people!!:thumbsup:

I know several PT employees that got sick of the crap and left. I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but it does spill onto the floor and can be annoying

Cochese
02-27-2007, 12:25
Originally posted by codivecop
Have you shot at the range yet? I need to head up there and check it out!

You best call me when you do, beeeeeatch. :supergrin:

The Yellow Cab
03-22-2007, 06:21
I lived in Greeley for two years (yeah...UNC) and the only "gun shop" I ever saw the inside of was some sporting goods store that I can't remember the name of.

If I ever move back there, I'll keep this info in mind--then again, Hell will freeze over before I move back to Greeley, as I'm very, very lucky to have not drunk/partied/humped myself to death in the short time I was there.

Good times, bad smells, nothing to do but party and screw, greatest memories of my life...well, the ones I can remember.

Colorado was the most beautiful state I've ever seen. If I'm ever a rich man, I'm buying a nice modest extra home in Ft. Collins near CSU campus. Great neighborhood, great people.

Yellow

codivecop
04-18-2007, 22:14
Originally posted by Cochese
You best call me when you do, beeeeeatch. :supergrin: I called, but calendar got busy!!!!!!!! Try again!

Joey
04-23-2007, 21:43
Originally posted by Otis Driftwood
Found their website: http://www.rmss.com/

:supergrin:

Have not been in there for about 3 years, might need to swing in and check em out.

Is the range a "hot" range where ya can practice drawing from a holster?

Would make a nice winter stop for an hour or 2 every few months, but I could never justify a yearly membership.