Worst trip of my life in this state [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Worst trip of my life in this state

xd_defense
01-21-2007, 02:55
I took a trip in 2004 to see my inlaws and was told multiple times from state patrol that I could not have my pistol loaded with me in the car and that "if I ran into any problems that the police would be there to protect me"... well they wern't and after some dirty homless man went apesh** on my wife and grabbed her I was forced to defend her AND myself with a knife. Needless to say the police were not happy, I was not happy, my wife was not happy, and neither was the man I was forced to fight. I could have lost my life because this state has a problem with law abiding citizens excercising their 2nd admendment rights. I have not been back and dont plan on going either.

WPD80
01-21-2007, 07:16
Well, I am sorry for your confrontation that you had.

hotpig
01-22-2007, 00:04
Dude, I'm sorry for what I did. I was in a bad place in my life at that time.

MakeMineA10mm
01-23-2007, 22:56
Originally posted by xd_defense
I took a trip in 2004 to see my inlaws and was told multiple times from state patrol that I could not have my pistol loaded with me in the car and that "if I ran into any problems that the police would be there to protect me"... well they wern't and after some dirty homless man went apesh** on my wife and grabbed her I was forced to defend her AND myself with a knife. Needless to say the police were not happy, I was not happy, my wife was not happy, and neither was the man I was forced to fight. I could have lost my life because this state has a problem with law abiding citizens excercising their 2nd admendment rights. I have not been back and dont plan on going either.

Believe you me, brother, I hear ya. I'm in LE in Illinois, and I hate the way things are. I'm looking at moving away as soon as I get my 20...

xd_defense
01-24-2007, 00:30
what do you mean as soon as you get your 20??
I agree Illinois sucks sucks sucks

oldsmith
01-24-2007, 20:18
Originally posted by xd_defense
what do you mean as soon as you get your 20??
I agree Illinois sucks sucks sucks

20 years and retirement. Or maybe 20 million dollars. :supergrin:

postpostban
01-26-2007, 05:49
Just so you know, unloaded in IL means no magazine in the gun. The mag can be loaded and in the case with it, it just can't be in the gun itself. You can get a pistol in service quick, but only if you are near it.

xd_defense
01-26-2007, 10:50
I had a wheelgun not an automatic

ShipWreck
01-26-2007, 12:42
Sorry - the states and cities w/ the strongest anti gun laws have the highest violent crime rates

Paul7
01-27-2007, 14:14
Just left IL two weeks ago for the free state of NM. I wouldn't give you a nickel for the whole state of IL.

Take the plunge, the water's fine!

xd_defense
01-27-2007, 14:43
im with you there

JVMHGF
01-30-2007, 09:23
xd_defense:

Sorry to hear about your encounter. I feel for you and wife.

Growing up in the Chicago area, I learned at a young age to defend myself with whatever I could pick up. Picking something up and defending ones' self with it seems to be the unwritten law of the land here because we can't carry concealed weapons. I've survived two muggings who tried using knives but I often wonder when my luck is going to run out.