Gibralter Mt Clemens Gun Show is next weekend, Jan 26-27-28
Show hours are:

Friday 12-9
Saturday 10-6
Sunday 10-6

Friday is Free admission. Saturday and Sunday $5.00

mac66
01-31-2007, 14:13
Anybody gone to one of these lately? I haven't been to a Gilbralter show in 3-4 years. Parking and admission fees to walk around and look at the same old junk and/or guns didn't seem worth it anymore.

coverdog
02-03-2007, 07:23
I went. First time in a very long while. To be blunt it sucked. The only thing worth going for ME would be Centennials booth (lots of powder and AR lowers) or Randy's Hunting (rifles and a fairly decent selection of pistols). I was looking for a Glock 20 and not one to be found which wasn't really surprising as it is a gun not as common as some other models. The glocks and most pistols that I checked out were priced much higher than I could get at a few dealers. Old ammo, used rifles, mags and such were plentiful, as well as surplus junk and cheap knives. If that's what you are looking for it would be fine I guess, but still not much to choose from.

I went Friday, the free day except for parking, and there were a number of tables that were covered and not even open yet. That was the last time for me. They used to fill up the whole side of the place. It's not much more than 1/2 way now. It is nothing like years ago.

I ended up at guns galore. They had them and I bought one cheaper than I could have on the net or the show.

Bumpadrum
02-05-2007, 11:24
I went. Bought an SKS. But the overall atmosphere was sorta' dismal.
I remember the old Bill Goodman shows. Huge selection.

coverdog
02-05-2007, 13:13
Originally posted by Bumpadrum
I went. Bought an SKS. But the overall atmosphere was sorta' dismal.
I remember the old Bill Goodman shows. Huge selection.

Those were the good ones. Gibralter used to be pretty decent too many moons ago. Gibralter is responsible for much of the lack of participation at their facilities.