Berkley at it again [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Berkley at it again

mikedb
01-22-2007, 12:15
Berkley is again only issuing purchase permits on Thursdays and Sundays. Ditto for the safety inspection. I just sold a gun to a friend that lives there (unfortunately). He informed them about the AGs ruling and it was pretty much so what.

Bumpadrum
01-22-2007, 15:54
Get your CPL. Then you can "impulse buy" anything on a whim, which is a good thing and a bad thing.:tbo:

10 Ring Tao
01-22-2007, 16:22
Let gsbell or barbara know...

Ender
01-23-2007, 01:10
i lived in Bezerkly recently for about a year.

i'd either follow 10Rings advice, or if your friend is bored, file suit :supergrin:

fwiw, all of the road officers i met were nice nad professional, etc. can't speak for the admin tho......

Landor
01-23-2007, 13:41
I grew up in Berkley. That city has gone down hill fast.

Hauptmann6
01-23-2007, 14:08
The name of the city should explain it all.

Ender
01-23-2007, 22:26
Originally posted by Landor
I grew up in Berkley. That city has gone down hill fast.

i lived there back in the day myself.

don't get me started :supergrin:

xd45acp
01-30-2007, 00:38
redford only does permits and safty inspections on tuesday from 9am to 1145 am and 100 pm to 300 pm

douglasd
02-03-2007, 11:31
If you have the money, I would file suit. This crap has to stop. It is illegal, no question about it. It is not up for interpretation since the AG's opinion came out last year saying that purchase permits and safety inspections must be done ANY TIME DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. They cannot limit it to certain days.

It also states that they cannot charge a fee, etc., except for notary service (IF you choose to use their notary--you don't have to).

I would take a copy of the AG's opinion to them, and if they don't change their policy, file suit.

AG's Opinion: http://www.firearmsalliance.org/AGLetter7-17-06.pdf

By the way, the AG's opinion IS THE LAW until such time as the legislature passes an actual law covering the issue. It is NOT "merely an opinion", as some people think. It's his job to interpret the law and decide how it is to be applied. Once he decides, that's it. Even the courts have to abide by it.